EJ Manuel calls Bills' O sweet

jayg

Jesus, everything that comes out of these players' mouths continues to bury the Pop Warner coaching jobs done by Marrone and Hackett last season.

And before I get fifteen "the proof is in the pudding" replies -- yes, I know, they haven't shown anything on the field. Thank you.

Jesus, everything that comes out of these players' mouths continues to bury the Pop Warner coaching jobs done by Marrone and Hackett last season.

And before I get fifteen "the proof is in the pudding" replies -- yes, I know, they haven't shown anything on the field. Thank you.

Funny that both EJ and Orton were able to run effective 2 minute drills don't you think.

Funny that both EJ and Orton were able to run effective 2 minute drills don't you think.

Lots of us have talked about how different EJ looked running the 2:00 offense as opposed to the "don't screw up" offense of Marrone and Hackett.

Maronne and Hacket were idiots trying to run a no huddle offense here with rookie WR's and a rookie QB.. It/They were doomed from day 1

we were doomed when they drafted EJ Manuel because he was good at running read option (after the one good year of read option w/ Kaepernick) even though at FSU Manuel sucked at any type of read option

I seem to recall Deon Sanders or someone of his ilk going on a rant about the inferiority of the bills offensive scheme?

Edit* ok maybe wasn't a rant.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I keep thinking back to EJs first pre-season. I remember a game when the offense was terrible and couldn't do anything. Then EJ ran a great two minute drill. It came out afterwards that the communication to EJs helmet had gone out and so EJ had to run the offense on his own...and it was the best they looked all pre-season. That should have told us something right there.

I keep thinking back to EJs first pre-season. I remember a game when the offense was terrible and couldn't do anything. Then EJ ran a great two minute drill. It came out afterwards that the communication to EJs helmet had gone out and so EJ had to run the offense on his own...and it was the best they looked all pre-season. That should have told us something right there.

I think it was against Detroit.

Lots of us have talked about how different EJ looked running the 2:00 offense as opposed to the "don't screw up" offense of Marrone and Hackett.

Wait... that was the don't screw up offense EJ was running?

Better than the shotgun fake read option spread no huddle zone block run with the wrong lineman offense?

This IS sweet....

LMAO!

Agreed and great point. The coaches made everyone on offense worse!! Even Lee Smith and who would have thought that was possible.

He nailed that nice seam pass to Gragg for a TD as I recall

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

EJ called Marrone/Hackett offense "plain vanilla".

shh don't tell WEO and many others who are over critical of EJ

If I misinterpreted you WEO I apologize .... yet

I wonder if Orton is regretting his retirement now.

(I'm not!)

some talking head on the radio said NE* should call Orton

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

If I misinterpreted you WEO I apologize ,,,, yet

He also famously said in his first training camp that the Bills NFL offense was easier than the dumbed down offense they were running for him at FSU.

How did it turn out his rookie year? Can't we reserve judgement on assessing the ability of this kid to run a complex NFL offense until he demonstrates that he can?

He also famously said in his first training camp that the Bills NFL offense was easier than the dumbed down offense they were running for him at FSU.

How did it turn out his rookie year? Can't we reserve judgement on assessing the ability of this kid to run a complex NFL offense until he demonstrates that he can?

I remember EJ saying something like that as a rookie, I don't remember him referring to the FSU offense as dumbed down.

Are we going to really debate the fact that the offense under Marrone/Hackett was anything more than "vanilla"? Not counting preseason four QBs started in that offense they all had the same issues, inaccurate, checking down, inability to score TDs in the red zone. It was painfully predictable so are you disagreeing with the assessment of the offense the last two years?

If Cassel -- assuming he wins the job -- can simply improve upon what Kyle Orton produced last autumn, the Bills are a strong candidate to increase their nine wins from 2014.

Not just a strong candidate - the ONLY candidate. No other club can win games for the Bills.

I remember when the qualifications for the job of "writer" include "being able to write."

WRT to EJ - the fast paced O DM tried to run, then didn't, then did, then stopped running once again?

WRT the other QB's IIRC DM didn't try to run it at least not for more than a game when EJ was injured

How did it turn out his rookie year?

Injured twice, never played more than five consecutive games.

And that honestly might have killed EJ's career so far more then anything.......

I know that some people will disagree....but I thought EJ was really turning the corner in that Cleveland game.....then....it all started to fall apart

Yup, quick trigger finger from marrone. Give the guy a season to prove he's not better than whatever washed-up vet we bring in. stick with him for once and ride it out is what I say

I agree with you on this eball. I so wanted to believe that the Bilks had competent coaching that I talked myself into it, but the difference with this staff is so obvious. Competent professional coaching in Buffalo. It's been a while. I am optimistic based on what we have seen and heard so far. Now if the Sabres can actually find a real coach ...

I agree with you on this eball. I so wanted to believe that the Bilks had competent coaching that I talked myself into it, but the difference with this staff is so obvious. Competent professional coaching in Buffalo. It's been a while. I am optimistic based on what we have seen and heard so far. Now if the Sabres can actually find a real coach ...

did you see the Eichel thread on OTW...

If I misinterpreted you WEO I apologize .... yet

some talking head on the radio said NE* should call Orton

Somebody on NFL network said the same thing. Speculation, nothing more. Orton retired the moment he slid short of a first down in Denver.

Yup, quick trigger finger from marrone. Give the guy a season to prove he's not better than whatever washed-up vet we bring in. stick with him for once and ride it out is what I say

I dont think it will be that simple this year.....

I think EJ is gonna have to show that he can actually be BETTER then the other QBs to get on the field......

And I am ok with that

Once we hired Roman I went back and watched a ton of All-22 of the 49ers from the last few years and I really liked what I saw. A big difference from what we've had to suffer through the last 2 years. I'm excited

Once we hired Roman I went back and watched a ton of All-22 of the 49ers from the last few years and I really liked what I saw. A big difference from what we've had to suffer through the last 2 years. I'm excited

and consider that he didn't have the same type of YAC WRs he will have here...

I remember EJ saying something like that as a rookie, I don't remember him referring to the FSU offense as dumbed down.

Are we going to really debate the fact that the offense under Marrone/Hackett was anything more than "vanilla"? Not counting preseason four QBs started in that offense they all had the same issues, inaccurate, checking down, inability to score TDs in the red zone. It was painfully predictable so are you disagreeing with the assessment of the offense the last two years?

Well, HE certainly didn't describe the FSU offense as dumbed down!m But it wasn't long before the Bills had to dumb down their "vanilla" offense for EJ. So it's odd he would be mocking that offense at this point.

Injured twice, never played more than five consecutive games.

Injured 3 times, despite the "safe" offense set up for him.

Well, HE certainly didn't describe the FSU offense as dumbed down!m But it wasn't long before the Bills had to dumb down their "vanilla" offense for EJ. So it's odd he would be mocking that offense at this point.

Injured 3 times, despite the "safe" offense set up for him.

Is it possible this is being taken out of context in an ever changing environment?

I do recall this too and found it to be arrogant on EJs part. But maybe they were not feeding him enough ?

Certainly Marrone Hackett and Manuel never did seem to get on the same page. and then Orton really seemed to shrivel up .Nor did the catchers or the runners even. or the O line.

seems the defense got pretty tight though.

the bolded is crap Weo. He was abused and you know it. the protections were horrid at times and Houston was the penultimate of failure by Hackett and Morris and of course the Sainted One

and consider that he didn't have the same type of YAC WRs he will have here...

SF had one of the weakest WR corps in the league during the Harbaugh tenure, IMO. Even with Boldin, it was a pretty underwhelming group.

Maronne and Hacket were idiots trying to run a no huddle offense here with rookie WR's and a rookie QB.. It/They were doomed from day 1

until committed long term ownership arrived, that was all they could get. now the wheels are back on the bus.

Is it possible this is being taken out of context in an ever changing environment?

I do recall this too and found it to be arrogant on EJs part. But maybe they were not feeding him enough ?

Certainly Marrone Hackett and Manuel never did seem to get on the same page. and then Orton really seemed to shrivel up .Nor did the catchers or the runners even. or the O line.

seems the defense got pretty tight though.

the bolded is crap Weo. He was abused and you know it. the protections were horrid at times and Houston was the penultimate of failure by Hackett and Morris and of course the Sainted One

The bolded is crap? The guy didn't survive training camp and preseason. Then he was injured again when running. It wasn't an issue of protection.