Unauthorized activity on your online account

Dear American Express customer,

We have recently detected that a different computer user has attempted gaining access to your online account and multiple passwords were attempted with your user ID.

Hence it is necessary to re-confirm your account information and complete a profile update.

You can do this by downloading the attached file and updating the neccessary fields.

Note: If this process is not completed within 24-48 hours we will be forced to
suspend your account online access as it may have been used for fraudulent
purposes.

Completion of this update will avoid any possible problems with your account.

Thank you for being a valued customer.

© American Express Customer Service 2015.

I think that I need to click on the link and fill out all of the information and e-mail it back to them ASAP. After all, it has the copyright symbol on the last line, so the e-mail is obviously authentic.

Better than clicking the link, you should definitely download the file as they suggest. Nothing could go wrong there.

Dear American Express customer,

We have recently detected that a different computer user has attempted gaining access to your online account and multiple passwords were attempted with your user ID.

Hence it is necessary to re-confirm your account information and complete a profile update.

You can do this by downloading the attached file and updating the neccessary fields.

Note: If this process is not completed within 24-48 hours we will be forced to

purposes.

You're so screwed!

My job is internet technical support and I get a couple of these every week.

"They found thousands of malicious files on my computer and charged me $299. Now my computer is locked."

Hey, the bad guys can't get in unless you open the door! :doh:

if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself, give me the info, i can do it from my ip address and you will be safe....just pm me all your account and personal information.

No need to PM; just hit reply - I promise I won't look.

Before she came to work, my coworker just fell for the "The files on your device are corrupted, please call this number to have us repair it, or else you will lose access to everything on your device" scheme. She called, and she paid them $70.00 with a credit card to "fix" it. They actually fixed it for her by restoring her Ipad which I find hilarious. Money well spent am I right!?

Luckily her bank recognized it was fraudulent and stopped it, as it tried charging $100 separately in addition to the $70.00. Then it went on to attempt to charge different dollar amounts 5 more times. She is getting a new credit card, and is no worse for wear besides feeling very dumb.

Edited by What a Tuel

Follow these instructions:

1. Unplug your computer immediately.

2. Place it in the sink or a large bucket.

3. Run cold water on it until it is submerged.

4. Remove from water.

5. Towel dry the exterior and then immediately plug it back in and power it on.

Will fix you right up.

4. Remove from water.

Will fix you right up.

Wouldn't hot water work better?

4. Remove from water.

Will fix you right up.

You're not very good at tech support are you?

You're supposed to turn the circuit breaker off first, then put the computer in a bucket of water, then turn the circuit breaker back on, then power the computer back on

No you are so screwed. This one is very different from mine. There is no mention of $8m and no rich Nigerian offering to help you. BTW there's been a delay on the wire transfer for some reason. :(

BTW in another topic any advice on how to approach a spouse that is spending too much money? As soon as I deposit money in the bank it's gone.

No you are so screwed. This one is very different from mine. There is no mention of $8m and no rich Nigerian offering to help you. BTW there's been a delay on the wire transfer for some reason. :(

BTW in another topic any advice on how to approach a spouse that is spending too much money? As soon as I deposit money in the bank it's gone.

Get another account. Deposit paycheck in said account. Then transfer funds as needed to joint account.

Alternatively, you can follow the steps in post #17. They are applicable here as well.

Get another account. Deposit paycheck in said account. Then transfer funds as needed to joint account.

Ok I did that. However when I transferred funds to pay the mortgage today the mortgage check bounced. Oh she's in trouble.

4. Remove from water.

Will fix you right up.

I tried this, and now theres a funny smell coming from the computer and the outlet, and it won't turn on.

I tried this, and now theres a funny smell coming from the computer and the outlet, and it won't turn on.

Stick your tongue on the outlet to make sure you have power.

4. Remove from water.

Will fix you right up.

I recall reading a story where idiots followed advice they found online about 'fixing' an iphone by putting it in the microwave. :lol:

• 7 months later...
a new one on me. I am 52 and been in software sales for 25 years, so apparently an excellent candidate for Admin Assistant position. I deleted all the links and put in the .......

This is in regards to a job opening in our company. Your resume has been reviewed for a Customer care, Data Entry, Admin Assistant Position that you are yet to occupy.

Your details has been forwarded to the Human Resources Dept and the Head of Operations Mr.Patrick Moore JR whom will be available to brief you about the opening position, pay-scale and benefits.

This is an immediate hire position, the interview will commence From 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM your time Today.

To participate, You are required to setup/create a yahoo mail....... or Gmai..... account and you are to have a yahoo instant messenger ..........) or a Hangout application installed into your computer or phone so we may proceed.

After this process is done,you are to add............... to your yahoo messenger application or invite........................ to your Google talk/Hangout application. He will be online to waiting for you.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

• Establish working relationships with company's staff, business partners and

• Organize orders received either through customers to ensure all requirements are met for order entry (set by Management). Enter information into Business Finance System.

• Responsible for Order Entry and Control of information related to job files and internal systems up to invoicing.

I wish you the best of Luck with the Interview.

Regards,

Human Resources Dept.

Gintech Energy Corporation

Edited by plenzmd1

a new one on me. I am 52 and been in software sales for 25 years, so apparently an excellent candidate for Admin Assistant position. I deleted all the links and put in the .......
This is in regards to a job opening in our company. Your resume has been reviewed for a Customer care, Data Entry, Admin Assistant Position that you are yet to occupy.
Your details has been forwarded to the Human Resources Dept and the Head of Operations Mr.Patrick Moore JR whom will be available to brief you about the opening position, pay-scale and benefits.
This is an immediate hire position, the interview will commence From 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM your time Today.
To participate, You are required to setup/create a yahoo mail....... or Gmai..... account and you are to have a yahoo instant messenger ..........) or a Hangout application installed into your computer or phone so we may proceed.
After this process is done,you are to add............... to your yahoo messenger application or invite........................ to your Google talk/Hangout application. He will be online to waiting for you.
JOB DESCRIPTION:
• Establish working relationships with company's staff, business partners and
• Organize orders received either through customers to ensure all requirements are met for order entry (set by Management). Enter information into Business Finance System.
• Responsible for Order Entry and Control of information related to job files and internal systems up to invoicing.
I wish you the best of Luck with the Interview.
Regards,
Human Resources Dept.
Gintech Energy Corporation

Best of luck in your new role!

Dear American Express customer sucker,

You can do this by downloading the attached worm file and updating the necessary fields.

Note: If this process is not completed within 24-48 hours we will be forced to hack

purposes.

Never do this chit online w/o calling them first

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever