Freds rushing stats last year

It's done. I'm uploading it to YouTube right now, but where else can I host it? I'm not sure of the NFL's policy on highlights on YouTube, but have noticed a huge decrease in the amount of highlights you can find on it.

Watch it while you can!

Sweet. 2:52 vs chargers I like.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Z - 30 Something, no brainer!

"30's the new twenty, nigga

I'm so hot still

Better broad, better automobile

Bet a yard, nah, bet a hundred mill

Then by the songs end, I probably start another trend"

Haha, my problem was the copyright system is so messy, I don't know what I can or can't do so I just grabbed some free music, so I wouldn't get yelled at.

Maybe I can use this audioswap thing to swap it out legitimately.

It's done. I'm uploading it to YouTube right now, but where else can I host it? I'm not sure of the NFL's policy on highlights on YouTube, but have noticed a huge decrease in the amount of highlights you can find on it.

Watch it while you can!

Sweet, Brother! Well done!

Pretty much as advertised. He has lost a step in his speed, but he was never that speedy. You can see that there are plays where with a bit more burst, a 2 yd line spot would have been a touchdown and a 4 yd run might have gone for 6 or 7. But he also seems better able to stiff arm guys and keep churning. Lost count of the times 4 defenders thought they had the stop and it turned into 2-6 more yards. Some of the stuff we love about Freddie is probably ageless:

1) the nose for the 1st down marker and the willingness to shoulder down and keep his legs churning to get there

2) the ability to, not cut exactly but kind of juke and use his body like a basketball player to make defenders miss

3) he "knows when to hold 'em, knows when to fold 'em" - when to wait for a hole to develop and follow a blocker, and when to sense that the play is busted and he needs to put his shoulder down and churn for the yards.

Edited by Hopeful

Bryce Brown averaged 4.6 ypc behind Philly's good OL. He only averaged 3.5 ypc behind Buffalo's OL.

Does this mean Brown is over-the-hill? Losing a step? Or does it just mean that Buffalo's OL was crap last year?

Philly's OL is apparently good for about 1.1 ypc more than Buffalo's.

So if Freddy had the privilege of running behind Philly's line, he would have averaged 4.8 ypc instead of 3.7. But Freddy didn't have that privilege. And he didn't complain about it.

The 2 tds should not take too long.

F O

Watch it while you can!

:worthy: my emoticon is most sincere.

Thank you.

Bryce Brown averaged 4.6 ypc behind Philly's good OL. He only averaged 3.5 ypc behind Buffalo's OL.

Does this mean Brown is over-the-hill? Losing a step? Or does it just mean that Buffalo's OL was crap last year?

Philly's OL is apparently good for about 1.1 ypc more than Buffalo's.

So if Freddy had the privilege of running behind Philly's line, he would have averaged 4.8 ypc instead of 3.7. But Freddy didn't have that privilege. And he didn't complain about it.

nice play hondo.

Sweet, Brother! Well done!

Pretty much as advertised. He has lost a step in his speed, but he was never that speedy. You can see that there are plays where with a bit more burst, a 2 yd line spot would have been a touchdown and a 4 yd run might have gone for 6 or 7. But he also seems better able to stiff arm guys and keep churning. Lost count of the times 4 defenders thought they had the stop and it turned into 2-6 more yards. Some of the stuff we love about Freddie is probably ageless:

1) the nose for the 1st down marker and the willingness to shoulder down and keep his legs churning to get there

2) the ability to, not cut exactly but kind of juke and use his body like a basketball player to make defenders miss

3) he "knows when to hold 'em, knows when to fold 'em" - when to wait for a hole to develop and follow a blocker, and when to sense that the play is busted and he needs to put his shoulder down and churn for the yards.

Unforgettable type of player. When you consider the what the Bills have fielded during his tenure. The man has no quit within him.

Edited by 3rdand12

Watch it while you can!

Nice job with the highlight reel! Forgot how good Freddy was in that Raiders game. You see that burst earlier in the season before the groin injury. That screen TD against the Chargers was a thing of beauty. Most RB's in the league would beg to be as washed up as Fred. For those of you predicting this is his last season, dream on. He's going into Kevin Faulk mode, and he'll have a number of years as a 3rd down back.

Trivia question for all the Fred haterz. Who led the team in first downs? Hint: Sammy Watkins was 2nd with 48.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

Glad you all liked it. I had a lot of fun going back and looking at all of his plays.

Some of my favorite parts of watching Freddy play is when 2-4 defenders can be waiting for him a few yards in front of the first down marker and he still manages to plow through them for the first down.

I also love how he lowers his shoulder and makes them pay for trying to tackle him.

Nice job with the highlight reel! Forgot how good Freddy was in that Raiders game. You see that burst earlier in the season before the groin injury. That screen TD against the Chargers was a thing of beauty. Most RB's in the league would beg to be as washed up as Fred. For those of you predicting this is his last season, dream on. He's going into Kevin Faulk mode, and he'll have a number of years as a 3rd down back.

Trivia question for all the Fred haterz. Who led the team in first downs? Hint: Sammy Watkins was 2nd with 48.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

This was a stat I planned on looking up after doing this, just because the sheer number of first downs he got with that second effort was incredible.

Edited by What a Tuel

Watch it while you can!

Thanks for the memories.

In your highlight vid, I see a back with good vision and balance, nifty moves, tremendous determination and maybe average acceleration. I don't see a washed up has-been.

Glad you all liked it. I had a lot of fun going back and looking at all of his plays.

Some of my favorite parts of watching Freddy play is when 2-4 defenders can be waiting for him a few yards in front of the first down marker and he still manages to plow through them for the first down.

I also love how he lowers his shoulder and makes them pay for trying to tackle him.

This was a stat I planned on looking up after doing this, just because the sheer number of first downs he got with that second effort was incredible.

Agree 100%. This Bills offensive line was terrible this year and Freddie kept making something out of nothing over and over again.

Yeah his 2 tds shouldn`t take that long.

How many rushing td's did the rb who has been branded nameless untill he learns to hold onto the football by Rex have last year? Oh wait None! He fumbled it. How about his longest rush ? 14 yards. So your bigger, faster, and stronger back did less than "The old guy". The two slowest rb's on the team lead the team in rushing yards probably because they are more consistent.

2014 Buffalo Bill"s stats per NFL.com

RUSHING STATISTICS Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Fred Jackson 141 525 3.7 38 2

Anthony Dixon 105 432 4.1 47 2

C.J. Spiller 78 300 3.8 53 0

Bryce Brown 36 126 3.5 14 0

EJ Manuel 16 52 3.3 8 1

Kyle Orton 15 14 0.9 10 1

Frank Summers 6 17 2.8 4 1

Marquise Goodwin 3 8 2.7 12 0

Sammy Watkins 2 8 4.0 5 0

Here is a highlight clip just for you!

Great Defensive Strip by Kansas City Defender - YouTube

Edited by Cold Front

How many rushing td's did the rb who has been branded nameless untill he learns to hold onto the football by Rex have last year? Oh wait None! He fumbled it. How about his longest rush ? 14 yards. So your bigger, faster, and stronger back did less than "The old guy". The two slowest rb's on the team lead the team in rushing yards probably because they are more consistent.

2014 Buffalo Bill"s stats per NFL.com

RUSHING STATISTICS Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Fred Jackson 141 525 3.7 38 2

Anthony Dixon 105 432 4.1 47 2

C.J. Spiller 78 300 3.8 53 0

Bryce Brown 36 126 3.5 14 0

EJ Manuel 16 52 3.3 8 1

Kyle Orton 15 14 0.9 10 1

Frank Summers 6 17 2.8 4 1

Marquise Goodwin 3 8 2.7 12 0

Sammy Watkins 2 8 4.0 5 0

Jesus, only 7 rushing TD's all season? And somehow they're blaming Fred because he led the team with 2. Mind boggling.

Fun fact: Fred has less career carries than McCoy.

As I mentioned before, don't be so shocked to see Fred emerge as the more effective back this upcoming season. He may not lead in yards, but that's because McCoy will have a long rope. But I do think FJ will have a better average and many of us will be screaming for him to get more of the workload halfway through the season. I know it sounds unfathomable to most when you look at what McCoy's production has been like throughout his career, but as stated above, a running back is very dependent on coaching and blocking. I wonder how Fred would have done on Philly the last 5 years.

As I mentioned before, don't be so shocked to see Fred emerge as the more effective back this upcoming season. He may not lead in yards, but that's because McCoy will have a long rope. But I do think FJ will have a better average

If that is true, we're in deep kim-chee because it will mean that our OL and run-blocking are still broken.

Watch it while you can!

Thanks so much.

I love Fred's big gain against the Dolphins at 1:15, and when he helps the cameraman up at 1:20. Class act!

Edited by Matt in KC

If that is true, we're in deep kim-chee because it will mean that our OL and run-blocking are still broken.

Not necessarily. If they can fix the run-blocking, we'll see how good Fred really is. The guy is the most criminally underrated RB in the league.

Can't remember exactly when he said it, but before the season last year Fred talked about putting on weight to serve in a more power role.

That highlight video from last year looked like Freddie was running with power and balance.

He and McCoy should spell each other nicely.

Am I the only one who looks at Roman's track record and isn't that worried anymore?

As I mentioned before, don't be so shocked to see Fred emerge as the more effective back this upcoming season. He may not lead in yards, but that's because McCoy will have a long rope. But I do think FJ will have a better average and many of us will be screaming for him to get more of the workload halfway through the season. I know it sounds unfathomable to most when you look at what McCoy's production has been like throughout his career, but as stated above, a running back is very dependent on coaching and blocking. I wonder how Fred would have done on Philly the last 5 years.

You are not going to have fans screaming for more Fred with Gerald fricken McCoy carrying the rock........

What you will have is fans rooting for Fred to stay healthy this year and perhaps partake in a bills playoff season.....which Fred Jackson totally deserves

You are not going to have fans screaming for more Fred with Gerald fricken McCoy carrying the rock........

What you will have is fans rooting for Fred to stay healthy this year and perhaps partake in a bills playoff season.....which Fred Jackson totally deserves

Gerald McCoy?