London game will be streamed on Yahoo

I am still willing to bet that directv pulls this off. They are not paying a premium exclusive deal with the NFL to them have the league siphon off games.

I agree they've always come through in the past, but seems it's out of their hands. League is bidding this game out for national streaming. Probably figure with jax/buff and making it available in their local market they can get away with minimal pushback. Be interesting to see who picks it up.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a loyal DTV customer for almost 20 years. You can believe that they'll be incurring my wrath over this. The reason I subscribe to ST is to be able to see all of the Bills games not on national TV. They've received a lot of my money over the years and, if they don't rectify this, I'll be expecting restitution of some kind. I've always been courteous & non-threatening when calling them but I'll have no patience over this one.

It's not DirecTVs fault. Why blame them?

It's not DirecTVs fault. Why blame them?

correct its the NFL and DTV should be furious with the NFL since they signed a deal with them. Will see how it plays out but is something to use in the annual negotiations call. My negotiations call never sounds like one from my end I keep it pleasant and usually get bonuses for being a long time sub.

correct its the NFL and DTV should be furious with the NFL since they signed a deal with them. b.

This had to have been contemplated and agree too in the contract with DTV.

I also envision a stuttering stream and other crappola , but only one game.

The concern I have is whether we can still TiVo this game/watch it after the fact if it is streamed. I can't watch a game at 9:30 am; and frankly, with little kids, I can't watch games in live time anymore at all.

if it's on YouTube, I'm hoping we could just dial it up at any time. Like you, I need a 1:00 game (naptime) to have any real chance to really watch the game live. Any other time and i can have it on to be able to know what's going on, but I will need to re-watch it (at work) after the fact. Edited by YoloinOhio

I am still willing to bet that directv pulls this off. They are not paying a premium exclusive deal with the NFL to them have the league siphon off games.

If you think about it JR thats just what the NFL has done to DTV. Thursday night games, 3 on Thanksgiving, Saturday games etc. They must have seen how powerfull DTV was getting and are trying to squash them.

I've watched Thursday Night Football on my smartphone, the quality was amazing, HD. I would expect this to be of excellent quality also. This is a big step for the NFL, they will make this work well.

I was wondering after the blackout rule was changed, what Bills fans would find to complain about next.... this is it.

Great... so now I have to get up at 6:30am, get into the stream early enough to avoid buffering troubles, and watch the game on my 13" laptop with tinny speakers instead of my 52" TV with surround sound. Or I can go out and buy a mini display port to HDMI cable and some sort of cable that converts 3.5mm audio to optical in. Joy.

How is this an improvement again?

Great... so now I have to get up at 6:30am, get into the stream early enough to avoid buffering troubles, and watch the game on my 13" laptop with tinny speakers instead of my 52" TV with surround sound. Or I can go out and buy a mini display port to HDMI cable and some sort of cable that converts 3.5mm audio to optical in. Joy.

Cause your not cool and want to watch on a 6 inch phone like all the cool kids now( not knocking klos63).

I am with ya...having the option to watch on whatever device you want is great, being forced to watch only one way is just silly to me.

Why play in London if it's not televised nationwide here? You would think they would want to showcase the London market to prevent everyone in the US from throwing up when they do finally put a team there. Just stupid.

The purpose of the London and other offshore games is an attempt by the NFL to open up new revenue streams by making the game popular outside of the US.

HDMI also sends audio so just the one cable would be necessary.

So screw the fans here?

Not saying the game should not be televised here, particularly on the sunday ticket where in my opinion it should for sure.

Just stating that the point of the offshore games isn't to showcase anything to the US fans or get them used to teams playing overseas.

Any way they're selling it, this is a bummer for out-of-town Bills fans. My family and I have zero interest in gathering 'round the ol' laptop or iPad for some football fun. Even if you go through a TV, streams are always unreliable, especially with events with moderate-to-high viewership. I don't care who the opponent is, this is going to be a crap experience and it doesn't have to be.

That makes sense. Nothing like scaring the ever-loving-**** out of the networks by floating a test balloon on YouTube. When are the next TV deals up for renegotiation?

Come on! Anything the NFL does outside of the contracts has been agreed upon and allowed by all parties or it wouldn't happen.

The TV contracts run through 2022 at a cost of 40 billion dollars. The networks are all set....;

Right, so this game in London could still be the home opener.

They already made the official announcement that this game was Oct. 25th...people have already buying tickets for it. And, the London game, from what I understand, will be considered a Jags home game...the Bills still get their 8 games!

Come on! Anything the NFL does outside of the contracts has been agreed upon and allowed by all parties or it wouldn't happen.

The TV contracts run through 2022 at a cost of 40 billion dollars. The networks are all set....;

Don't be so sure about that. I heard Peter King on PFT yesterday, saying that the main thing holding back the NFL from expanding the playoffs to 14 teams, and/or the regular season to 18 games, was the sponsors (Budweiser, GMC, etc etc , and consequently the networks who are not getting the viewers they once did, feeling a little maxed out by the addition of the college football playoff games...they don't have un-limited funds for all this stuff... the NFL will likely torture them the next few years...

Any way they're selling it, this is a bummer for out-of-town Bills fans. My family and I have zero interest in gathering 'round the ol' laptop or iPad for some football fun. Even if you go through a TV, streams are always unreliable, especially with events with moderate-to-high viewership. I don't care who the opponent is, this is going to be a crap experience and it doesn't have to be.

I'm an out of town fan and I don't see this as a bummer. It will be on HD on the NFL.com site. I will hook up my laptop to the TV and watch the game. I've done this before for preseason games from a much lesser website and had not experienced problems. I will wait til something goes wrong before I start to B word about it.

I'm an out of town fan and I don't see this as a bummer. It will be on HD on the NFL.com site. I will hook up my laptop to the TV and watch the game. I've done this before for preseason games from a much lesser website and had not experienced problems. I will wait til something goes wrong before I start to B word about it.

Nobody's watching preseason games on the level of regular season games. It would be a pleasant surprise if there weren't streaming issues.