Per ESPN, RG3 Could be had in a QB Trade

see Redskins beat Reporter and Gruden leaker of info

from yesterday

http://sportsglory.com/nfl/jay-gruden-wants-redskins-to-trade-robert-griffin-iii/38207

Its being talked about and reported on ESPN'S web page today that the Skins head coach Gruden wants RG3 gone. It just not his style of Qb that fits his offense

You can't really force a square peg into a round hole and thats why he wants him gone.

When you read the questions in the mail bag.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2405097-redskins-mailbag-part-2

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/16163/redskins-mailbag-part-2-65

The reporter speculates that it will take a QB coming back to the Skins to get a trade completed. I think Gruden really likes Colt Mccoy and I think he will win the job.

It does not make sense to keep RG3 because he is going to walk anyways. The water is poisoned In Washington for RG3. He will want a fresh start so the Skins

would be wise to move him while they can still get something for him before he leaves via free agency. If you read the tea leaves and can forecast the future my bet is

they will trade RG3 and probably do it at the draft. My question is would you trade E.J Manual and a middle round draft pick for RG3. I know I would, I am really hoping this goes down.

I do not see how the Skins can go through another year of Drama and have him be the back-up to Colt McCoy. I really think they are going to move RG3 and if the Bills can land him

and get him some good coaching under Roman then we are ready for a Superbowl run. I am on record of fully supporting this move. I hope it happens.

I can't wait for the draft to see all moves and trades. If the Rams and Eagles can swap QB'S why not the Bills and Skins, it would do both players good to get a restart on there careers.

Edited by billsareback

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its being talked about and reported on ESPN'S web page today that the Skins head coach Gruden wants RG3 gone. It just not his style of Qb that fits his offense

You can't really force a square peg into a round hole and thats why he wants him gone.

When you read the questions in the mail bag.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2405097-redskins-mailbag-part-2

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/16163/redskins-mailbag-part-2-65

The reporter speculates that it will take a QB coming back to the Skins to get a trade completed. I think Gruden really likes Colt Mccoy and I think he will win the job.

It does not make sense to keep RG3 because he is going to walk anyways. The water is poisoned In Washington for RG3. He will want a fresh start so the Skins

would be wise to move him while they can still get something for him before he leaves via free agency. If you read the tea leaves and can forecast the future my bet is

they will trade RG3 and probably do it at the draft. My question is would you trade E.J Manual and a middle round draft pick for RG3. I know I would, I am really hoping this goes down.

I do not see how the Skins can go through another year of Drama and have him be the back-up to Colt McCoy. I really think they are going to move RG3 and if the Bills can land him

and get him some good coaching under Roman then we are ready for a Superbowl run. I am on record of fully supporting this move. I hope it happens.

I can't wait for the draft to see all moves and trades. If the Rams and Eagles can swap QB'S why not the Bills and Skins, it would do both players good to get a restart on there careers.

I don't think that it will happen but I am all for it. I see RG3 as the boom or bust guy that can get you over the top. You have to get lucky to land a franchise QB when you are not picking in the top 5. The Bills won't be picking there for quite some time. If RG is healthy and returns to form this team is a Super Bowl contender.

Im not sure trading for a busted wheels, inaccurate, can't read a defense QB is better than keeping our own inaccurate QB and a draft pick

Bob Griffen has been awful since he came back injury. AWFUL.

He certainly isn't inaccurate that is why he was so highly regarded coming out. When he was healthy he has always been incredibly accurate. There are certainly question marks with RG (health, attitude, work ethic) but the physical tools (again if healthy) are miles ahead of anyone on the Bills roster.

He certainly isn't inaccurate that is why he was so highly regarded coming out. When he was healthy he has always been incredibly accurate. There are certainly question marks with RG (health, attitude, work ethic) but the physical tools (again if healthy) are miles ahead of anyone on the Bills roster.

And his best season has been better than any other QB's ceiling on the Bills.

I can site a few instances where a change a scenery for a QB is a good thing Daryle Lamonica Bills to Raiders, Vinny Testiverde Bucs to Jets, Steve Young Tampa to 49ers, Jim Plunket Pats to Raiders Note he was the number one pick in the draft,

Brett Farve ATL to GB , Rich Gannon Chiefs to Raiders, Now you have Fowles and Bradford and Brees had to leave the Chargers to make room for Rivers.

Was EJ's name even mentioned?

No, which is why the thread title is misleading. From what I read, the article only speculates that RG3 could be traded. The OP speculates it could be for EJ. I wouldn't expect a simple player for player trade involving EJ and RG3.

I can site a few instances where a change a scenery for a QB is a good thing Daryle Lamonica Bills to Raiders, Vinny Testiverde Bucs to Jets, Steve Young Tampa to 49ers, Jim Plunket Pats to Raiders Note he was the number one pick in the draft,

Brett Farve ATL to GB , Rich Gannon Chiefs to Raiders, Now you have Fowles and Bradford and Brees had to leave the Chargers to make room for Rivers.

Ask yourself this did any of those players suffer an injury which took away a key element of their game?

RG3 has not been the same since the playoff game against Seattle. He has looked timid and honestly very much like EJ.

If you want to swap EJ for RG3, ok, i do not see any harm with that. But throwing in a pick is not necessary.

I said I thought it would involve and mid range draft pick also.

No E.J. was not mentioned but what it did say was that it would probably take a QB coming back to the Skins to make it happen.

It's a misleading title.

What makes you think it would be EJ besides the fact that he plays QB?

I said I thought it would involve and mid range draft pick also.

No E.J. was not mentioned but what it did say was that it would probably take a QB coming back to the Skins to make it happen.

It took quite a bit of reading to realize it was completely your speculation beyond espn saying they might like a qb in exchange if they might trade rg3

Yes I was speculating that the QB would be E.J. its no secret that Gruden wants him gone and that RG3 will become a free agent and he will leave.

He will not sit behind Colt McCoy and this in it's self is a problem. Not to mention that Gruden's offense is not designed for the type of QB

that RG3 is. So he will get moved or Gruden will get fired they can not co-exsit. it does not take a rocket scientist to see that this will come to a head

and that will probably happen at the NFL draft.

Being a huge Bills fan while living here in the DC area,I am praying this is just off season speculation and has no basis in fact.RG3 is an egomaniacal instagramming showboat who has consistently out his needs and desires before the Skins..From his All in Game 1 marketing campaign to his family being the only family members allowed in the team facilities and team plane..he just isn't a team player.. His stats,excluding Hus rookie year suck and his teammates have gone on record to say he is out of control.. Give me an improving EJ with only 14 games under his belt to an overrated over hyped player who cares not a stitch about winning.other than his post game quotes from the losing teams locker room. Go Bills Go EJ!!!!

If you don't like the thread please don't comment. Its a fact that Gruden does not want RG3 as his QB and that there has been many stories in the off season he wants him gone.

So where there is soke there is fire. Sort of Like the Rams saying that Bradford will not be traded and denying all reports. So now we have all sorts of report's stating that Gruden

wants RG3 gone and there is no denying of the reports by the skins or Gruden. What do you think is going to happen. Then you have reporters on ESPN leaking hints that it would take a QB coming back

in a trade to get it done. So why not speculate on a possible trade, its done on this forum all the time. Now all of a sudden because you don't like RG3 that I should pull the post.

If you don't like the thread please don't comment. Its a fact that Gruden does not want RG3 as his QB and that there has been many stories in the off season he wants him gone.

So where there is soke there is fire. Sort of Like the Rams saying that Bradford will not be traded and denying all reports. So now we have all sorts of report's stating that Gruden

wants RG3 gone and there is no denying of the reports by the skins or Gruden. What do you think is going to happen. Then you have reporters on ESPN leaking hints that it would take a QB coming back

in a trade to get it done. So why not speculate on a possible trade, its done on this forum all the time. Now all of a sudden because you don't like RG3 that I should pull the post.

Speculating is fine. Your thread title implies that ESPN stated EJ as a possible candidate. And it is a free country so I will comment on your misleading thread if I want to.

RG3 is washed up. He's more valuable than Tim Tebow by about the cost of two footballs - NFL official footballs mind you. But that's about it.

He can run, can't throw, can't read a Defense, so what makes you think he's perfectly qualified to be an NFL QB?

Anyone who says they wouldn't trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even defends Manuel is because they speak of this magical untapped upside/raw talent that we have yet to see. With Griffin, not only is that upside WAY higher but we've already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like Washington would ever make that trade anyway.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Anyone who says they wouldn't trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even defends Manuel is because they speak of this magical untapped upside/raw talent that we have yet to see. With Griffin, not only is that upside WAY higher but we've already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like Washington would ever make that trade anyway.

Agree with you. There is not argument that RG3 has shown a ton more abilities. You have to wonder if he has had enough humble pie yet to turn his career back around. But i would trade EJ for RG in a heartbeat. I don't see it happen.

How about this for a scenario:

Mariota drops to #5.

Washington trades pick to Eagles for a boatload of picks and Sam Bradford.

Washington trades RGIII to Bills for EJ Manuel as insurance in case Bradford gets and a conditional 2016 pick.

I definitely could see something like this happen.