Per ESPN, RG3 Could be had in a QB Trade

Absolutely not. The guy is damaged goods. He worthless. That's why he's still on the Redskins; because they can't get crap for him. They waited too long.

Bradford fetched a first. He's still on the Skins because Snyder loves him and gave up a ton on him. They weren't willing to walk away and write those picks off as wastes.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG's problem is that he wants to do it his way.

He doesnt want a coach to take the RGIII out of him. He has the problem that Vick had in the early years.

I would only deal for RG if I were convinced that he had finally grown up and decided that he wanted to be a real NFL QB, and not just be RG III.

RG3 has one attribute that Mike Vick never had … a brain.

He had an outstanding rookie year, then an injury and the stubbornness of the Skins coaches tanked the last two. He still has way more upside than 90% of the young QBs in the NFL right now.

If the Bills have a chance to get him, they should move as quickly as they possibly can. I like EJ as a person, and I think RG3 has many of the same personal qualities as EJ (the selfishness wrap is totally ungrounded), except he also has the capacity to be a very good NFL QB, EJ has the capacity to be a very average NFL QB — that's where they are different. This is a no brainer discussion: RG3 > EJ!

Absolutely not. The guy is damaged goods. He worthless. That's why he's still on the Redskins; because they can't get crap for him. They waited too long.

The same Browns that hired Pettine as HC and drafted John Manziel?

OK let's say for the sake of argument you're right. RGIII is worth a 5th round pick at best. Then what is EJ Manuel worth?

OK let's say for the sake of argument you're right. RGIII is worth a 5th round pick at best. Then what is EJ Manuel worth?

After 13 games, it's impossible to say. But, from what I can recall, he looked good in more than half of his 13 starts.

After 13 games, it's impossible to say. But, from what I can recall, he looked good in more than half of his 13 starts.

Just soes I unnerstand...it's impossible to rate a player who has been in the league for 2 seasons, but, very easy to rate one who has 3? Is this the legendary Gugny line?

14. And no, he most certainly did not. But regardless, you really believe that out of the 31 other NFL GM's that not one of them would trade a 4th round pick for a guy two years removed from one of the greatest rookie seasons in the history of this game that we both love so much? I think you are making this about your opinion of RGIII and it is severely clouding your judgment in terms of what other people think about him and his market value.

Manuel - 13 games

Griffin - 37 games

Yeah and in those first 16 games he played at a level so far above anything Manuel has ever even dreamed of playing. His second season, he also played at a level higher than Manuel has yet to play. You are kind of a rebel without a cause on this one.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Many seem to be enjoying. That's the point, right?

yeah, Gugny is having the time of his life. The only thing that could make this thread worse for him would be for someone to compare Manuel to his hero Doug Flutie.

If I or another mod thought the thread needed to be merged or closed we'd do it. It's ok so it goes on.

I've done it ... so now you do it.

Pick your top 10 QBs of all time and look at their stats in their first 14 games. Then compare them to EJ's. Then crawl away with your tails between your legs.

Remind me again, what is EJ good at?

Pick your top 10 QBs of all time and look at their stats in their first 14 games. Then compare them to EJ's. Then crawl away with your tails between your legs.

Should we include the three knee injuries in his first year as "stats?"

Edited by Rocky Landing

see Redskins beat Reporter and Gruden leaker of info

from yesterday

http://sportsglory.com/nfl/jay-gruden-wants-redskins-to-trade-robert-griffin-iii/38207

Its being talked about and reported on ESPN'S web page today that the Skins head coach Gruden wants RG3 gone. It just not his style of Qb that fits his offense

You can't really force a square peg into a round hole and thats why he wants him gone.

When you read the questions in the mail bag.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2405097-redskins-mailbag-part-2

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/16163/redskins-mailbag-part-2-65

The reporter speculates that it will take a QB coming back to the Skins to get a trade completed. I think Gruden really likes Colt Mccoy and I think he will win the job.

It does not make sense to keep RG3 because he is going to walk anyways. The water is poisoned In Washington for RG3. He will want a fresh start so the Skins

would be wise to move him while they can still get something for him before he leaves via free agency. If you read the tea leaves and can forecast the future my bet is

they will trade RG3 and probably do it at the draft. My question is would you trade E.J Manual and a middle round draft pick for RG3. I know I would, I am really hoping this goes down.

I do not see how the Skins can go through another year of Drama and have him be the back-up to Colt McCoy. I really think they are going to move RG3 and if the Bills can land him

and get him some good coaching under Roman then we are ready for a Superbowl run. I am on record of fully supporting this move. I hope it happens.

I can't wait for the draft to see all moves and trades. If the Rams and Eagles can swap QB'S why not the Bills and Skins, it would do both players good to get a restart on there careers.

Why would the Redskins want EJ Manuel? One good reason?

Just got back from a hike and after paging through this thread, it's pretty clear that people are arguing three different things. Some people are saying "No RGIII sucks." OK, fine. Other people are saying, "RGIII could potentially recapture what he had in his rookie year, I'd be all about getting him on our roster." Fine as well. But very few are considering what the OP actually posed: WOULD YOU TRADE EJ MANUEL FOR HIM. So the thread should really be every bit as much about Manuel as Griffin. The answer is simple: Yes, of course. You should literally have your posting rights revoked for stating otherwise. It's insane. And I am not radically pro-RGIII. There's 15-20 Bills right now I probably wouldn't trade for him. But for people to dismiss a guy two years removed from one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history, while touting the supposed upside of a guy who a) didn't have near the pedigree coming out and b) hasn't shown nearly as much so far in the league- this is getting absolutely ridiculous around here. I don't care how much you think Griffin has lost or whatever, to state that you wouldn't trade EJ Manuel for him is nothing short of insane. Again, not that it matters because it would take a 2nd round pick to land Griffin and EJ might be worth a 6th.

Chill out.

OK. You are aware that QB stats are wildly inflated in this modern era, I'm assuming. Ryan Tannehill had 27 TD's and 12 INT's last season. That's about exactly what Joe Montana's stats looked like in his absolute prime. Except Montana never threw for 4,000 yards once and Tannehill did it last season. In his prime, John Elway used to throw for like 18 TD's and 18 INT's. Please feel free to continue grasping at straws thouhgh. Furthermore- and much more pertinent to this conversation- why don't you look at RGIII's numbers through his first 14 games.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

OK. You are aware that QB stats are wildly inflated in this modern era, I'm assuming. Ryan Tannehill had 27 TD's and 12 INT's last season. That's about exactly what Joe Montana's stats looked like in his absolute prime. Except Montana never threw for 4,000 yards once and Tannehill did it last season. So yeah, I just won that part of the debate. Please feel free to continue however. Furthermore- and much more pertinent to this conversation- why don't you look at RGIII's numbers through his first 14 games.

He was excellent. He can no longer rely on his athleticism, though, he's a major injury risk, his mechanics are garbage, and he's becoming a coach-killer. Sorry if it's not obvious to the rest of us to bet on that.

OK. You are aware that QB stats are wildly inflated in this modern era, I'm assuming. Ryan Tannehill had 27 TD's and 12 INT's last season. That's about exactly what Joe Montana's stats looked like in his absolute prime. Except Montana never threw for 4,000 yards once and Tannehill did it last season. In his prime, John Elway used to throw for like 18 TD's and 18 INT's. Please feel free to continue grasping at straws thouhgh. Furthermore- and much more pertinent to this conversation- why don't you look at RGIII's numbers through his first 14 games.

All I'm getting from this is that EJ is better than Montana.

He was excellent. He can no longer rely on his athleticism, though, he's a major injury risk, his mechanics are garbage, and he's becoming a coach-killer. Sorry if it's not obvious to the rest of us to bet on that.

Actually, I think that if you look at the recent history of the way Washington have treated their quarterbacks, including their appalling treatment of Donovan McNabb in 2010, the argument could certainly be made that it is the culture in Washington that damages quarterbacks.

Edited by Rocky Landing

He looked good in more than half his starts? Good? Good for a bills qb the last 10+ years maybe. He looked good in a few games, average in a few, bad in a few. I think good means something different to you than to most if half his games were good in your eyes. While I completely understand people not wanting to touch rg3, to say he has zero upside is just ignorant imo. You're completeiy exaggerating in all aspects regarding rg3 potential....but completey on point with your analysis of the op

Then why do you keep repeating that RG had the best rookie season in history?

Actually, I think that if you look at the recent history of the way Washington have treated their quarterbacks, including their appalling treatment of Donovan McNabb in 2010, the argument could certainly be made that it is the culture in Washington that damages quarterbacks.

That could well be, and it also could be that the two are not mutually exclusive. RGIII's relationship with Snyder is not conducive to a positive player-coach dynamic.

If I'm Doug Whaley I make this trade in my sleep and when I wake up I'll feel like I stole something. Yes RG3 has an injury history and he has shown himself to be a selfish teammate but the upside is to much to ignore.

While reading and watching this debate closely I took it upon myself to do some research on RG3 performance from last season and this is what I found.

#1 RG3 played very well after coming back from his benching.

@ Giants 18-27 66.7 236yds 8.7 Y/A 1-TD 5 Rush 45yds.

Eagles 16-23 69.9 220yds 9.6 Y/A 1-int

Cowboys 27-41 66.0 336yds 8.2 Y/A 1-TD 2-int. 6 rush 19yds TD.

Now these aren't earth shattering numbers but if u look closely his completion percentages are very good and Y/A numbers are elite as well. Looking at the other games he played before the benching he only had 1 gm under 60% completion and was held to under 6 Y/A that was the 49ers gm in which his oline was getting abused. Otherwise his Y/A and C/P #'s were very good last yr.

Now having looked at the numbers his play wasn't as bad as he looked, yes the ints need to come down some but overall he wasn't EJ bad. I believe if RG3 was traded that might be the change that rejuvenates his career. RG3 will be going full go this off season because he's finally fully healthy. He would have a chip on his shoulder from being traded. Under the tutelage of Roman he can play in a offense that's geared to his talents. This is a no brainer get it done DW!

Yeah and in those first 16 games he played at a level so far above anything Manuel has ever even dreamed of playing. His second season, he also played at a level higher than Manuel has yet to play. You are kind of a rebel without a cause on this one.

There is an old saying 'what has he done lately". Did you see RG play last year or are you going by his great college career & his great rookie year? Very simply, he is not the same player. Can he return to the player he use to be? Perhaps, but not in my opinion.

What you should be getting is that it is very premature to judge a QB after only 14 starts. That goes both ways; Griffin after 14 games looked great and Manuel after 14 games looked okay. I said it when Manuel was drafted and I'll say it again - in 5 years (2 years, now), EJ will still be a starter and Griffin will not. I still think that will come true.

No way this is true. Griffin is horrible. I can't see Whaley making a dumb move like this.

I also can't see the skins making that mistake. If the reason for getting rid of RG3 was that he is not Grudens style of QB, whey we he trade for one of the same style and not even as good as the one he currently has.

I highly doubt many if any are saying that.

with respect sir. You need to read things slowly and actually take time before you reply with false accusations.

WRT the OP

Many QB's are rumored to being traded daily

RGIII, Cousins, McCoy, Brees, Rivers, Bradford, all of them in anticipation of the Mariota sweepstakes

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

so why not roll the dice and give it a chance.

Depends on the price - I don't really believe in him but the upside is tempting... :rolleyes:

EJ as part of the deal? Nah and I don't see why they'd want him. Honestly the Redskins have two other reasonable options at QB already in Cousins and McCoy. If they aren't getting a top QB (which they won't) they should just want draft picks.

Edited by BobChalmers

I highly doubt many if any are saying that.

with respect sir. You need to read things slowly and actually take time before you reply with false accusations.

WRT the OP

Many QB's are rumored to being traded daily

RGIII, Cousins, McCoy, Brees, Rivers, Bradford, all of them in anticipation of the Mariota sweepstakes

It was a joke.

a joke?

Maybe a smiley face or a wink will help all of us to catch on the next time.

---------------------------

general question for those imagining a trade including EJ.

If the Bills "don't want" EJ..... who does? And WHY?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Griffin considers himself a business colussus. He has a brand, and he is into every detail of getting endoresements etc. Football success, not on the priority list. We don't need a wrong minded kid like this.......actually, EJ has a little of that problem also. Bottom line, give us football players, not guys whose primary objective is to market themselves, and are bigger than the team in their own eyes. I would be very disappointed if a bad actor like Griffin were brought in. Of course, with the new administration, bringing in Incognito and Harvin, maybe we should get a printed up jersey now, as Griffin is definitely in the bad boy class, might appeal for those reasons.

Edited by bigK14094

a joke?

Maybe a smiley face or a wink will help all of us to catch on the next time.

---------------------------

general question for those imagining a trade including EJ.

If the Bills "don't want" EJ..... who does? And WHY?

All it takes is one coaching staff thinking that with a change of scenery, they can make him decent.