Per ESPN, RG3 Could be had in a QB Trade

He had the best !@#$in running game in the league in his rookie year. He was was a fluke in his rookie year. Hence being pure crap ever since. And W-L is not a QB stat. It's a team stat.

EDIT: And their D was 14th. Not 28th. But please, don't let facts get in the way of you making your point.

I would say the running game was so great because of RGIII and his ability to force defenses to focus on him. I doubt Alfred Morris rushed for 1600 yards solely on his own talent.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that it will happen but I am all for it. I see RG3 as the boom or bust guy that can get you over the top. You have to get lucky to land a franchise QB when you are not picking in the top 5. The Bills won't be picking there for quite some time. If RG is healthy and returns to form this team is a Super Bowl contender.

The truth is that Washington has had him and doesn't want him in spite of what they paid for him. I truly believe that if Washington thought that there was even a 20% chance that he could recover and be a top 15 NFL QB, they wouldn't even be considering trading him.

He had the best !@#$in running game in the league in his rookie year. He was was a fluke in his rookie year. Hence being pure crap ever since. And W-L is not a QB stat. It's a team stat.

EDIT: And their D was 14th. Not 28th. But please, don't let facts get in the way of you making your point.

in 2012 the Redskins D ranked 28th. That's a fact.

You can look it up on NFL.com.

...and like he won't have the best running game in the league in Buffalo?

And 20/5 for a rookie is almost unheard of. And he was 4th in the league in 2012 and 3rd in the league in 2014 in completion percentage for QB's with at least 200 pass attempts.

..the entire league!

That's not a fluke.

So why are the Skins considering trading this great QB that they traded a bounty of high draft picks for?

I doubt it would happen, but if given the opportunity, you pull the trigger without hesitation.

On who? -RG3??? That's not pulling the trigger, that's flushing the toilet.. RG3 can't stay healthy, and isn't as good a decision-maker as many of us thought... He's not an upgrade to anything we've currently got.

Rg3 is better then any QB we currently

have on our roster. He is also are best chance

to get a true franchise QB.

So if

We begin the season

With a QB other

Than Griffin

Will you not

Root for the

Bills anymore

And if we go to

The playoffs with

Either Manuel or Cassel

Will you admit

You were wrong

Especially when

Griffin has a season

Of accomplishing

Nothing on the

Football field?

I will always root for the players that are on the field for the Bills. I have no problem with

the 4 QB's we currently have. I feel we will do

good and challenge for a playoff spot. But if we get RG3 we will have a shot to go to the Super Bowl.

Considering QB was our biggest question mark going in to the off season, if Whaley thought RGIII was all that, he'd have made a play for him instead of Cassel. RGIII isn't any better than what we have and I don't care what he did his rookie year. If Gruden was the one that held him back, then apparently, Marrone held EJ back. Can't have it both ways

Edited by buffalo2218

I will always root for the players that are on the field for the Bills. I have no problem with

the 4 QB's we currently have. I feel we will do

good and challenge for a playoff spot. But if we get RG3 we will have a shot to go to the Super Bowl.

So why have the Redskins not done crap in the III years he's been there?

No way this is true. Griffin is horrible. I can't see Whaley making a dumb move like this.

It's pure speculation, no truth or lack of truth to it.

Griffin is damaged goods. Damaged physically and damaged psychologically (from an NFL standpoint) and seems to be someone who points fingers a lot. If he ever gets a chance to play for Marrone it'll be a race to see who tosses who under the bus. I might think about a trade with the NFL team that plays in DC also threw in a pick no lower than a 3.

In 3 years RG3 has one divisional title

and set a all time rookie record for

Highest QB rating in the history of the NFL.

Last year he had his highest competion

percentage of his carrer at 68 percent

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134287/article/robert-griffin-iii-wins-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

so tell me what has EJ done. Please list his

accomplishments please.

Was EJ's name even mentioned?

Yes, by the OP.

No, which is why the thread title is misleading. From what I read, the article only speculates that RG3 could be traded. The OP speculates it could be for EJ. I wouldn't expect a simple player for player trade involving EJ and RG3.

I assume that the title has been changed? Otherwise why all the angst? The current title certainly isn't misleading.

Yes, by the OP.

I assume that the title has been changed? Otherwise why all the angst? The current title certainly isn't misleading.

It has been changed. It was worded earlier to the effect of "EJ for RG3 trade possible per ESPN," which was misleading.

In 3 years RG3 has one divisional title

and set a all time rookie record for

Highest QB rating in the history of the NFL.

Last year he had his highest competion

percentage of his carrer at 68 percent

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134287/article/robert-griffin-iii-wins-offensive-rookie-of-the-year

so tell me what has EJ done. Please list his

accomplishments please.

He played in 9 !@#$ing games last year. Stop citing that.

HE did not go to the playoffs. HE and the offense rode the running game's back to the playoffs as a TEAM.

Your arguments are silly. Stop. In any format you choose ... just stop.

He played in 9 !@#$ing games last year. Stop citing that.

HE did not go to the playoffs. HE and the offense rode the running game's back to the playoffs as a TEAM.

Your arguments are silly. Stop. In any format you choose ... just stop.

He rode the running game with 27 total TD's on his own?

I don't think RG3 is the greatest, but don't pretend like he was Tebow with a 100 YPG rusher on the roster.

He rode the running game with 27 total TD's on his own?

I don't think RG3 is the greatest, but don't pretend like he was Tebow with a 100 YPG rusher on the roster.

I have acknowledged that his rookie year was stellar, stats wise. I don't consider him Tebow bad. I just don't think he's that good. I think, if he was bigger, than he could be great. But he's not big enough to survive by living off of the broken play. I like the kid. A lot. I just don't think he'll ever have another good season in the NFL. I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love for him to be successful. He's a hard worker and a good kid.

I have acknowledged that his rookie year was stellar, stats wise. I don't consider him Tebow bad. I just don't think he's that good. I think, if he was bigger, than he could be great. But he's not big enough to survive by living off of the broken play. I like the kid. A lot. I just don't think he'll ever have another good season in the NFL. I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love for him to be successful. He's a hard worker and a good kid.

Ah, got it. The other post implied differently to me.

If you don't like the thread please don't comment. Its a fact that Gruden does not want RG3 as his QB and that there has been many stories in the off season he wants him gone.

So where there is soke there is fire. Sort of Like the Rams saying that Bradford will not be traded and denying all reports. So now we have all sorts of report's stating that Gruden

wants RG3 gone and there is no denying of the reports by the skins or Gruden. What do you think is going to happen. Then you have reporters on ESPN leaking hints that it would take a QB coming back

in a trade to get it done. So why not speculate on a possible trade, its done on this forum all the time. Now all of a sudden because you don't like RG3 that I should pull the post.

Dude. You can't post a thread in a forum and then ask people to be nice and engage with you on your own terms, that's ridiculous. Thread title indicates ESPN reported the Bills could trade for RG3, which is not true, so it's misleading. RG# had one good season and has pretty much proven to be a franchise killer. There are multiple reports that he is a me-first guy and not really a team player. I don't want that on my team. I wouldn't give up EJ for him. I wouldn't give up a LATE draft pick for him. No, no, no. At least with EJ we could be surprised and see some growth. Bob is a rushing QB with injured legs and has not progressed as a passer.

Dude. You can't post a thread in a forum and then ask people to be nice and engage with you on your own terms, that's ridiculous. Thread title indicates ESPN reported the Bills could trade for RG3, which is not true, so it's misleading. RG# had one good season and has pretty much proven to be a franchise killer. There are multiple reports that he is a me-first guy and not really a team player. I don't want that on my team. I wouldn't give up EJ for him. I wouldn't give up a LATE draft pick for him. No, no, no. At least with EJ we could be surprised and see some growth. Bob is a rushing QB with injured legs and has not progressed as a passer.

Can I GET .... an amen?

Just got back from a hike and after paging through this thread, it's pretty clear that people are arguing three different things. Some people are saying "No RGIII sucks." OK, fine. Other people are saying, "RGIII could potentially recapture what he had in his rookie year, I'd be all about getting him on our roster." Fine as well. But very few are considering what the OP actually posed: WOULD YOU TRADE EJ MANUEL FOR HIM. So the thread should really be every bit as much about Manuel as Griffin. The answer is simple: Yes, of course. You should literally have your posting rights revoked for stating otherwise. It's insane. And I am not radically pro-RGIII. There's 15-20 Bills right now I probably wouldn't trade for him. But for people to dismiss a guy two years removed from one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history, while touting the supposed upside of a guy who a) didn't have near the pedigree coming out and b) hasn't shown nearly as much so far in the league- this is getting absolutely ridiculous around here. I don't care how much you think Griffin has lost or whatever, to state that you wouldn't trade EJ Manuel for him is nothing short of insane. Again, not that it matters because it would take a 2nd round pick to land Griffin and EJ might be worth a 6th.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Just got back from a hike and after paging through this thread, it's pretty clear that people are arguing three different things. Some people are saying "No RGIII sucks." OK, fine. Other people are saying, "RGIII could potentially recapture what he had in his rookie year, I'd be all about getting him on our roster." Fine as well. But very few are considering what the OP actually posed: WOULD YOU TRADE EJ MANUEL FOR HIM. So the thread should really be every bit as much about Manuel as Griffin. The answer is simple: Yes, of course. You should literally have your posting rights revoked for stating otherwise. It's insane. And I am not radically pro-RGIII. There's 15-20 Bills right now I probably wouldn't trade for him. But for people to dismiss a guy two years removed from one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history, while touting the supposed upside of a guy who a) didn't have near the pedigree coming out and b) hasn't shown nearly as much so far in the league- this is getting absolutely ridiculous around here. I don't care how much you think Griffin has lost or whatever, to state that you wouldn't trade EJ Manuel for him is nothing short of insane. Again, not that it matters because it would take a 2nd round pick to land Griffin and EJ might be worth a 6th.

Reality✔

No GM in the NFL would trade anything more than a 5th for Griffin. And even then, it would be a desperate team.

Disagree.

Browns offered a first for Bradford, who has been worse and hurt more.

Edited by FireChan

No you're just being ridiculous.

Absolutely not. The guy is damaged goods. He worthless. That's why he's still on the Redskins; because they can't get crap for him. They waited too long.

Disagree.

Browns offered a first for Bradford, who has been worse and hurt more.

The same Browns that hired Pettine as HC and drafted John Manziel?

I can site a few instances where a change a scenery for a QB is a good thing Daryle Lamonica Bills to Raiders, Vinny Testiverde Bucs to Jets, Steve Young Tampa to 49ers, Jim Plunket Pats to Raiders Note he was the number one pick in the draft,

Brett Farve ATL to GB , Rich Gannon Chiefs to Raiders, Now you have Fowles and Bradford and Brees had to leave the Chargers to make room for Rivers.

Great points. I think RG3 could do well here. If the price is low, why not. Perhaps Tuel for RGIII, or EJ?