Per ESPN, RG3 Could be had in a QB Trade

RG3 had a pretty good first year using his athleticism, which was fine for his first year before defenses had a chance to figure him out. He is a one read then run QB who can't go through his progressions. He will never be good again. He will never play a full season. He is, for all intents and purposes, Chumbawamba.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know to tell you the truth. I watched RG3 at the end of last year and he was terrible. If we trade and just hand him the job I will be excited to watch and see what he can do but I don't think he is the right fit for this offense UNLESS he changes dramatically. EJ is ok. I personally think that RG3 is shot and never going to be good again, so I think the chance of him becoming a franchise QB is close to the same chance as EJ, which is, say, less than 20%. But we only know so much from afar.

Between Rex, Roman and Whaley, even though they haven't hit on franchise QBs before, they are smart guys and know football. They are not going to trade for RG3 just for the name and splash, IMO. They would know a lot more about what has happened to him and if he has his head in the game than I do. I see a crappy QB right now.

Thanks for a wonderful reply (as expected). My problem if you will is I simply am incapable of believing that EJ will be a good quarterback. I just cannot see it. This would obviously steer me in favor of a trade.

EJ (imo) is a kid who was bigger, stronger and more gifted than other college kids AND surrounded by a great system and supporting cast. That said, he is what, 6'4" and his passes seem to get blocked often. He ran like a deer in college but not with us. He reminds me of a QB equivalent of Mike Williams as an OT.

Few things would make me happier than to be wrong, but it's not looking good for EJ imo.

Edited by Bill from NYC

i don't know anything about RG3's physical or mental health, and nothing about his ego or his sense of entitlements..

what i do know, is that Rex was working out Baylor's latest QB - who didn't play the position as well as RG3.

i certainly understand the concern of the fans, because of the question marks.. but the idea of this staff trying to attain the player is reasonable

I'm pretty sure the Bills tried to trade for Fowles

and Bradford but because they did not have a QB to replace either guy they traded them for each other. I heard a interview with the Rams GM

the other day. he said more than one team offered

Mutible draft picks for Bradford. But the Rams GM

said that it made more sense to get a QB in return. So that's why the jumped at the chance.

i don't know anything about RG3's physical or mental health, and nothing about his ego or his sense of entitlements..

what i do know, is that Rex was working out Baylor's latest QB - who didn't play the position as well as RG3.

i certainly understand the concern of the fans, because of the question marks.. but the idea of this staff trying to attain the player is reasonable

This is a very good point and I agree RG3 would

make Romans offense complete

I'm pretty sure the Bills tried to trade for Fowles

and Bradford but because they did not have a QB to replace either guy they traded them for each other. I heard a interview with the Rams GM

the other day. he said more than one team offered

Mutible draft picks for Bradford. But the Rams GM

said that it made more sense to get a QB in return. So that's why the jumped at the chance.i don't know anything about RG3's physical or mental health, and nothing about his ego or his sense of entitlements..

This is a very good point and I agree RG3 would

make Romans offense complete

I'd trade EJ for rg3 in a second. Hopefully Tyrod Taylor could beat out cassel for the #2 to keep the system going if and when rg3 gets hurt. If he get seriously injured again, his contract is up and we can move on and start new. At least RG3 has had success in this league and has elite physical attributes, including accuracy when healthy. No idea if he can regain past form, but I'd take my chance on the guy that has shown that he can lead a team to the playoffs (with a bad D no less) as opposed to a big teddy bear. EJs a great guy and I like him as a person....just not as our starting qb based off of what I've seen to date

better keep this quite we would not want the don't

trade for RG3 crowd to find out about this.

This just proves my point that hell yes the Bills

will try and get RG3 if he is available

better keep this quite we would not want the don't

trade for RG3 crowd to find out about this.

This just proves my point that hell yes the Bills

will try and get RG3 if he is available

all it proves is that the idea of acquiring a QB from Briles' spread offense has already crossed Rex Ryan's mind - which means it was discussed with Roman.

what it doesn't prove, is that this staff is interested in the 2015 version of RG3. they'll do their due diligence, and if there's nothing to scare them off, who knows.

Then why did they sign Tyrod Taylor

they need a threat of a QB that can run.

They need a QB who can make throws from the pocket. Running might be a plus, but there's been nothing said by either Roman or Rex to make the assumption they're only looking for a running QB. Just because Roman coached Kap, doesn't mean he wants a Kap clone. If anything, Roman's shown the ability to tailor his offense to the skills of his players.

Anyone who says they wouldn't trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even defends Manuel is because they speak of this magical untapped upside/raw talent that we have yet to see. With Griffin, not only is that upside WAY higher but we've already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like Washington would ever make that trade anyway.

Anyone who says they would trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even says they want Manuel gone is because they've gone so far down that rabbit hole that they're embarrassed to try and climb back up. With Griffin, not only is there absolutely ZERO upside, but the entire world has already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like we have a GM asinine enough to even consider such a ridiculously stupid move anyway.

If Leroi thinks we should do this and he is our insider my guess is it's a good chance it will happen. After all he did say we were going to get rid of E.J.

looks like we're on the right track

Troll.

I make the trade. RG3 has not put in the work and developed as hoped. He's definitely been a disappointment, only has one year left on his contract and has been known in Washington's locker room as a prima donna. But Hes got a better chance of becoming a franchise QB than Manuel and the combination of getting benched for much lesser talents, getting shipped to Buffalo for not much compensation and Ryan putting his foot up his arse might be the wake up call he needs. Sometimes a change of scenery helps as well. It might for EJ, too.

Funny thing: When RG3 was drafted by Washington I said I looked forward to rooting for him on his second team because I figured he'd be totally misused there and wind up being traded, cut or leave after his rookie contract. I didn't expect him to have dedication issues in the pros, but I'd still take him if the price was right and I would find it amusing if I really did wind up rooting for him on his second team because it was the Bills.

Anyone who says they would trade EJ Manuel and a mid round pick for Robert Griffin III needs to get their head examined. The only reason anyone on here even says they want Manuel gone is because they've gone so far down that rabbit hole that they're embarrassed to try and climb back up. With Griffin, not only is there absolutely ZERO upside, but the entire world has already seen it. It doesn't matter though, it's not like we have a GM asinine enough to even consider such a ridiculously stupid move anyway.

Zero upside for RG3, but plenty for EJ? Wow. All I can say regarding people having their heads examined is "After you." Edited by BarleyNY

Actually I've pointed out the same thing...that's something a lazy national reporter should make not someone who actually follows the team, lol

thanks matter2003 - yes it does MATTER. Pretty embarrassing Stojan for anyone to defend it.

Troll.

Zero upside is a little hyperbolic no?

Zero upside is a little hyperbolic no?

Nope. I honestly don't think so. Anyone who thinks Griffin is an upgrade over EJ has zero credibility. He's not even an upgrade over Cassel.

I care. It doesn't blow your mind that someone who cares enough about the Bills to spend their time posting on a Bills fan site doesn't know how to spell the name of the QB they took in the first round two years ago?

See the three things I bolded: 1. Nope, not even close. 2. He has certainly had some issues following his rookie year but you do realize that was only two years ago and was pretty much one of the better rookie QB seasons in the history of the sport of football, right? 3. I don't know what planet some of you people live on. I give up.

I care +1

If RG3 is a bust then EJ is a total failure.

let me get this straight RG3 had one of the best

Years a rookie QB ever had in NFL History

and he is still very young. This guy needs

a coach that can work with him. That's like

you having a boss at your work saying

bad things about you. Then saying he can't work with you because you don't fit into there concepts

and plans. How long will it be before your fired

or you look for a new Job. Does that make

you a bad guy. Does that mean you can't be successful and work some where else and be productive.

Use your eyes look at what RG3 was before the Injury and all this miss handling and rushing him back. RG3 guy is and always will be a Franchise QB. EJ is a pretender, there not cut from the same cloth. RG3 is healthy, he has recoverd from his Injuries. He needs a change of scenery and a coach that can mold him and use his God given talents. Is RG3 a primadona sure he is show me

what QB isn't. But he is the perfect fit for what Roman is trying to do. You know what they say one mans trash is another mans treasure.

is this poetry, haiku, a post about a potential trade rumor?........ :flirt:

I make the trade. RG3 has not put in the work and developed as hoped. He's definitely been a disappointment, only has one year left on his contract and has been known in Washington's locker room as a prima donna. But Hes got a better chance of becoming a franchise QB than Manuel and the combination of getting benched for much lesser talents, getting shipped to Buffalo for not much compensation and Ryan putting his foot up his arse might be the wake up call he needs. Sometimes a change of scenery helps as well. It might for EJ, too.

Funny thing: When RG3 was drafted by Washington I said I looked forward to rooting for him on his second team because I figured he'd be totally misused there and wind up being traded, cut or leave after his rookie contract. I didn't expect him to have dedication issues in the pros, but I'd still take him if the price was right and I would find it amusing if I really did wind up rooting for him on his second team because it was the Bills.

Zero upside for RG3, but plenty for EJ? Wow. All I can say regarding people having their heads examined is "After you."

Show me where I said EJ has plenty of upside. My assertion is that he has way more upside than Griffin. A mouse has a way bigger mouth than an ant. But the mouse doesn't have a large mouth. Right? My point was that Griffin has ZERO upside. Therefore, ANY upside is way more.

RG3 does not have to run like he did before

but the threat of it will be there.

he is a great passer too

he is ? sorry, I'm missing something

Skill set wise Griffin is superior to Manuel, and he has already done it in this league.

2012 Rookie year at 22 years old he's 9-6 with 20 TDs vs 5 INT's while Manuel's best season was 4-6 with 11/9.

2 of this 3 RG seasons his completion percentrage was 65% or greater, while Manuel's is 58% both seasons in the league.

If you think Griffin was captain checkdown, his 8 yards per reception those seasons exceeds Manuel's 6.4.

Griffin's only bad season came in 2013 off of knee surgery that experts say it was too soon for him to return. He also played with a Redskins D that ranked 18th in the league.

The issue with Griffin is his maturity. But the same can be said about Manuel and his inability to accept responsiblity for his poor play during the season. Both QB's were benched last season, which were humbling I'm sure for each.

In the end, I still feel Griffin is a unique talent. He just succeeded so early in his career I think it went to his head.

I feel it would do both QB's good to have a fresh start. If there was an offer out their for Griffin for EJ and as low as a 4th, I would take that.

In a heartbeat

Griffin is a better fit for Roman's offense and I think he'll be asked to pass less than he was asked in Washington. That will limit his mistakes.

Having a QB like Griffin would instantly put Buffalo in the talk as having a QB that already led his team to the playoffs with a far inferior defense (Washington's D ranked 28th in 2012 when he took the Redskins to the playoffs).

Imagine what he can do with a running game and number 1 D? I said a while back i see a trade for RG as something that can happen for the Bills. Having RG III, Cassel, Taylor and Tuel as QB competiion heading into July looks really good to me.

Edited by dezertbill

He had the best !@#$in running game in the league in his rookie year. He was was a fluke in his rookie year. Hence being pure crap ever since. And W-L is not a QB stat. It's a team stat.

EDIT: And their D was 14th. Not 28th. But please, don't let facts get in the way of you making your point.

Edited by Gugny

Gugny as soon as you manage to take your head out of your you know what and you come up for air. please make an appointment with a psychologist so they can fix what ever problem your having. You are not really a smart football fan. If you don't think RG3 is better then EJ then you have a serious flaw or your EJ brother. If you were to ask 100 experts all 100 would not agree with your opinion. Yes your allowed to have an opinion just don't embarrass your self in stating it. Now back away from the ledge and say that you were just joking or kidding.

Edited by billsareback

Gugny as soon as you manage to take your head out of your you know what and you come up for air. please make an appointment with a psychologist so they can fix what ever problem your having. You are not really a smart football fan. If you don't think RG3 is better then EJ then you have a serious flaw or your EJ brother. If you were to ask 100 experts all 100 would not agree with your opinion. Yes your allowed to have an opinion just don't embarrass your self in stating it. Now back away from the ledge and say that you were just joking or kidding.

You are as crazy as you are a troll.

Go write

Another

Poetically formed

Thread that

Makes

No

Effing

Sense, my friend.

He had the best !@#$in running game in the league in his rookie year. He was was a fluke in his rookie year. Hence being pure crap ever since. And W-L is not a QB stat. It's a team stat.

...and like he won't have the best running game in the league in Buffalo?

And 20/5 for a rookie is almost unheard of. And he was 4th in the league in 2012 and 3rd in the league in 2014 in completion percentage for QB's with at least 200 pass attempts.

..the entire league!

That's not a fluke.

Edited by dezertbill

EDIT: And their D was 14th. Not 28th. But please, don't let facts get in the way of you making your point.

Do you think that there is any possibility that RG3's rookie year was not a fluke, but that there may be a reason for his decline since?

...and like he won't have the best running game in the league in Buffalo?

And 20/5 for a rookie is almost unheard of. And he was 4th in the league in 2012 and 3rd in the league in 2014 in completion percentage for QB's with at least 200 pass attempts.

..the entire league!

That's not a fluke.

I still maintain that he was a fluke. And now he is a damaged, injury prone, fluke. I sincerely doubt Whaley would give this one second of thought. It's simply not smart.

RG3 does not have to run like he did before

but the threat of it will be there.

he is a great passer too

He is definitely NOT a great passer. He was a decent QB at one time with oodles of upside. But, anyone who saw him play last year could easily see that he has fear in the pocket. He doesn't step into his throws like any good high school QB does. It certainly looks like fear of ruining his knee again.

Does anyone remember reading the observations of RG by their former TE, Cooley. He basically called RG the worst QB in the league.

I'm not an EJ guy, but I wouldn't trade anyone of our QBs for RG. I hope for his sake that he somehow gets through this dark time of fear in the pocket.

RG3 has exponentially more upside than any of our options. He is a much better fit for the style of offense we want to play. Acquiring RG3 would be a huge coup. A change of scenery and playing for a coach that would support and encourage him like Rex, rather than someone who wrote him off early like Gruden did, could be the thing that solidifies his play for good.

And if RG3's injuries persist, you have Taylor and Cassell.

You guys are wrong RG3 had his highest completion percentage of his career

In 2014 and if anything it shows he is getting more acurate. 2013 he had a slight

dip because he was coming off Surgery and he was recovering.

his career stats are right here and they blow EJ's away

http://www.nfl.com/player/robertgriffiniii/2533033/careerstats

Edited by billsareback