• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So how does Roman get his TE now?

CBF

Clay was a 6th round pick for a reason. Because he wasn't really a TE. I feel like we can get someone to fill that role in the draft. Plus we have Gragg and Grey who are both pretty athletic. In the meantime let's get Gresham

Word from Cleveland is that they backed off on Clay due to getting the (familiar) feeling that his agent was playing them. Guess it is either the Phish and Bills or just the Bills in it now. Not sure if the interest from the Phish is legit or just his agent trying to drive up his price. It would be difficult to do that if only the Bills were interested at this point.

Clay was a 6th round pick for a reason. Because he wasn't really a TE. I feel like we can get someone to fill that role in the draft. Plus we have Gragg and Grey who are both pretty athletic. In the meantime let's get Gresham

nick o Leary is the same player. 3rd rd.

Clay obviously is my first choice, but Gresham would be a good pick up as well if that falls through. He's an above average receiver and good blocker. Not sure he can play the H back position seems to be more of a traditional Y but at this stage with Chandler gone we need an H and a Y. Hoping that's the plan B.

Yep. I think Clay can give you everything but an X. Easy to see why Roman likes him. He doesn't have to bring in different personnel which makes it difficult for defenses to get the right sub-packages in to defend certain things. Lots of matchup problems when you can simply move a guy around vs. having to bring in somebody else.

GO BILLS!!!

Word from Cleveland is that they backed off on Clay due to getting the (familiar) feeling that his agent was playing them. Guess it is either the Phish and Bills or just the Bills in it now. Not sure if the interest from the Phish is legit or just his agent trying to drive up his price. It would be difficult to do that if only the Bills were interested at this point.

Could the Bills have been playing a part in this, to stick it to Miami and their cap?

I'm over it

CBF

Same here. The Bills have more cap room than the Dolphins and don't have to unload anyone to make it happen. What that tells me is that either (a) he really didn't want to come to Buffalo or (b) while the Bills liked him, they didn't like him enough to want to exceed whatever limit they set for him. Either way, good riddance.

While we have evertone still here...

Clive Walford? I looked up his info and it says that he's been used in H-back, in-line, slot and is a solid run blocker. Sounds a lot like Clay to me.

That was my original hope for TE. Then Clay's name came up and I got all excited Edited by CNY315

While I'm a relatively new poster on the board, I have been a reader for years. I suspect that we'll be seeing references to the Charles Clay fiasco (and the related multiple long threads) for years to come. While he seems like a versatile player who could help our roster, the amount of time spent on TBD discussing his status, and the lost productivity to employers of Bills fans, has been a bit ridiculous. (That said, I keep checking back for more news too).

While we have evertone still here...

Clive Walford? I looked up his info and it says that he's been used in H-back, in-line, slot and is a solid run blocker. Sounds a lot like Clay to me.

It just feels to me that most TEs need a year or 2 to adjust to the NFL. The Bills are in win now mode and while he may help them down the road the position looks like it will be a weakness this year.

Maybe a trade is out there?