[closed]Charles Clay to Bills? - the sequel/trilogy

The Bills need to force his hand a little at this point. Offer a front loaded deal that expires at COB. They can't keep sitting there letting Miami clear cap space and be Clay's back up date to the dance. He will either sign your offer and force Miami's hand or he will lose the leverage of a Bills offer.

Well, it may not be Clay who is holding up the proposed offer. The Bills may still be looking through the language of the Suh contract to deliver the best possible proposal.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Bills need to force his hand a little at this point. Offer a front loaded deal that expires at COB. They can't keep sitting there letting Miami clear cap space and be Clay's back up date to the dance. He will either sign your offer and force Miami's hand or he will lose the leverage of a Bills offer.

I think the Bills know exactly what they are doing...

but I do love the comedy on this board

Agree 100%. He's not a talent where a team should put up w/ antics like this. Tell him here is the offer, then there will be no more discussions. Then ignore him and get Gresham and draft a TE. And Gragg will be good this year.

Edited by RyanC883

Dear Clay Charles,

I used to love your versatility. But you are no Fendi Onabun. Bye Felecia.

#yolo

@PatMoranMix96: My Sense is Bills window to get Charles Clay is gone. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it feels like way things are playing out in Miami

Edited by YoloinOhio

I like it. If they wait any longer then that gives Miami time to trade people and make cap room. I think they should have done this yesterday immediately after Cameron signed. That's when things should have fallen into place

Edited by kdiggz

I like it. If they wait any longer then that gives Miami time to trade people and make cap room. I think they should have done this yesterday immediately after Cameron signed. That's when things should have fallen into place

let Miami find the cap room, they are in a world of hurt next year... and they are not going to win it all this year so IMO Miami is just foobarred

Clay obviously is my first choice, but Gresham would be a good pick up as well if that falls through. He's an above average receiver and good blocker. Not sure he can play the H back position seems to be more of a traditional Y but at this stage with Chandler gone we need an H and a Y. Hoping that's the plan B.

Bills window to get Charles Clay is gone. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it feels like way things are playing out in Miami

Tend to agree. The longer he's in Miami, the smaller the window becomes.

As much as I'd like to see Clay in the Red, White and Blue, we've made a lot of progress without him so far this off season. Beef up the OL with a good veteran signing, draft a TE and I'll be very satisfied...

I do agree with the ultimatum. COB may be a touch extreme, but i agree with the idea.

Ha ha, I figured a little hyperbole would help to get the point across. It should be a relatively short window though.

I hate to say it but I think that this has been the Bills first misstep in FA. They could have controlled the timeline better.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Clay is as good as gone if the rumors are true. He went back to South Beach yesterday to make a deal so the Dolphins have been doing everything possible to make it happen. That's fine, we are going to make them overpay and they will be stuck with 2 TE's and no cap space next year. Time to move on and get Gresham and then we can also get a guy in the draft. Let's try and get a OL now

@MiamiSportsNet: Multiple sources reporting the Dolphins are shopping WR Mike Wallace HARD, and that TE Charles Clay is on verge of re-signing with Fins.

This is just an account that takes other news sources and sensationalizes them.

Clay is as good as gone if the rumors are true. He went back to South Beach yesterday to make a deal so the Dolphins have been doing everything possible to make it happen. That's fine, we are going to make them overpay and they will be stuck with 2 TE's and no cap space next year. Time to move on and get Gresham and then we can also get a guy in the draft. Let's try and get a OL now

+1