Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jw update:

"The Bills, meanwhile, aren't finished attempting to re-sign defensive end Jerry Hughes before he's eligible to become a free agent on Tuesday.

Hughes' agent, Ben Dogra, told the AP that he is still in negotiations with the Bills, but time is running out.

"We're working on some issues and making progress," Dogra said. "Today's a big day and we'll see where it takes us."

Dogra, however, warned that his client is "a popular guy," by noting numerous teams expressed interest in Hughes since the NFL's three-day negotiating window opened on Saturday."

http://pro32.ap.org/article/agent-bills-mccoy-agree-new-40-million-contract

John Wawrow @john_wawrow 2m2 minutes ago

Still no word back on how that "Big day," for Hughes is turning out.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

What does he want, a candy bar named after him?

Sheesh, get it done already!

A cereal, obviously

Flutie Flakes

Mari- O's

Jerry Charms?

@JaySkurski: Continue to hear what @ByTimGraham reported yesterday: #Bills making progress on a deal with Jerry Hughes, but nothing's done yet.

I envision this being something akin to a 5 day long car buying experience. Hughes' agent says they want x, Bills go to their sales manager behind the curtain and come back with Y. Rinse and repeat.

My understanding is that it's usually an issue of how the guarantee is structured. The number typically is what it is and both sides know it, otherwise they'd never had made it this far.

I envision this being something akin to a 5 day long car buying experience. Hughes' agent says they want x, Bills go to their sales manager behind the curtain and come back with Y. Rinse and repeat.

pretty much. Kim is behind the curtain. She keeps saying yes. Overdorf says "but, but are you sure? That's a lot of mon..."

Kim - "Jim. Just !@#$ing get it done."