Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

Just wondering if Rex might be able to push this thing over the finish line. He seems like he would be a heck of a recruiter. Money being there, obviously.

He should be. The combination of soft spoken nice guy Whaley, and Rex, along with Daddy and Kimmy Warbucks, should be a much better recruiting team than we have had in a long, long time.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry wants to get paid. People will automatically blame the Bills. But the Bills just simply cannot afford to sign him to what he wants.

IMO, Jerry is going to go down as one of those bad FA signings that does not live up to the contract if he gets the 10+MM a year. He will no longer had Mario and Dareus to take pressure off of him.

Good luck to him though.

Yes. Plus we cant tie up so much in the Dline because u know we are signing big 99 next year. I want a guard and best TE for Romans system.

Yes and no. Strictly defense, for sure. Great team and great defense coach that everyone loves to play for. But while that is wholly true, we're undesirable to a degree because we have no QB, and haven't made the playoffs in so long. That would enter anyone's equation as well when considering teams to sign with.

And those teams with a QB usually can't afford to add a $10million defensive end. So Hughes knows he has to go to Jax, Oakland, Browns, Titans, Jets, Bucs etc. He should feel sick to his stomach.

Randall Cobb just re-signed with the Pack for 4-40m. He almost for sure could have got more money on the open market. I would say his situation is similar in ways to Hughes. This way he gets to stay in a place he likes, with Jordy Nelson taking coverage away, and Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball. He took the safe and best route, and didn't take the most money.

@CharlesRobinson: Another potential Jerry Hughes landing spot. RT @BeastmodeBags90: @CharlesRobinson hey charles anything on the NY Giants man?

Here is the latest...

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 24s25 seconds ago

There's a chance. They're still working at it. RT @RF7883: @CharlesRobinson Do you think Hughes stay with #Bills ?

Atleast someone knows how to use their/there/they're

How's Kelvin Sheppard these days? Wow- what a fleece that trade was.

If ryan grigson didn't fall into Andrew luck in year one, he would have been fired by now. Some absolutely terrible trades and free agent contracts have been covered up by luck's neckbeard.

What does he mean by still working on it? How long does it take? What are they doing? Re-typing the contract every time they present him with a new offer? Typing one word a minute? How long does this take? He's gone. I have already resigned to the fact he won't be here.

What does he mean by still working on it? How long does it take? What are they doing? Re-typing the contract every time they present him with a new offer? Typing one word a minute? How long does this take?

So many questions. Double rainbow. What does it mean? What does it mean?

So many questions. Double rainbow. What does it mean? What does it mean?

I'm just frustrated. I keep hearing how we're gonna build through the draft and re-sign our own, but that's rarely the case.

I'm just frustrated. I keep hearing how we're gonna build through the draft and re-sign our own, but that's rarely the case.

Can't force the guy to sign the deal. If I were him and I had the Bills' offer on the table I'd at least wait until Tuesday to see what someone else threw at me.