Jerry Hughes signs 5-year deal with Bills

@jchenelly: @nickellion79 Serious suggestion made by a teammate to restructure his contract to re-sign Hughes. Not sure who but only Mario makes sense.

Well Jerry's fiancée watches Mario's dogs during road trips and those dogs are like his kids, lol.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just frustrated. I keep hearing how we're gonna build through the draft and re-sign our own, but that's rarely the case.

Im frustrated that I have to repeat this same information over and over to doom-and-gloom Bills fans who seem to forget the good news and only focus on the negatives, but here we go...

Aaron Williams, Eric Wood, and Leodis McKelvin were all recently re-signed before they hit Free Agency.

Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson are also playing on extended contracts without ever coming close to hitting Free Agency.

Stevie Johnson was re-signed before he hit Free Agency and Fitz was given a mid-year extension.

Reports came out of OBD as early as Spring of 2014 that they were working on extending Jerry Hughes.

The Bills have recently said they are working on extending Nigel Bradham before his contract is up next year, and Im sure they have plans to work on Dareus asap.

They have to work an entire roster into the limited cap space available. Some players dont want to settle for an extension and would rather test Free Agency. That is the player's decision.

Andy Levitre and Jairus Byrd wanted to hit FA and go with the max offer. Searcy is unfortunately going to be over-valued this year, knows it, and is doing the same. Hughes is the top pass rusher in FA this year and would be stupid not to listen to other offers, just in case. (And that's only 4 unsigned players worth noting, compared to all those we re-signed)

What more do you want the FO to do????

Edited by DrDareustein

@jchenelly: @nickellion79 Serious suggestion made by a teammate to restructure his contract to re-sign Hughes. Not sure who but only Mario makes sense.

Well Jerry's fiancée watches Mario's dogs during road trips and those dogs are like his kids, lol.

That it's rarely a pay reduction means all 3 would volunteer to be paid their salary for the year today.... But Mario being the only one with time to amortize the bonus means it's got to be him. Even though I'm not sure how much sense it makes right now. He'd be over 20m hit next year if we do the basic restructure (creeping towards 25m) unless we add years too or he takes a straight pay cut Edited by NoSaint

Im frustrated that I have to repeat this same information over and over to doom-and-gloom Bills fans who seem to forget the good news and only focus on the negatives, but here we go...

Aaron Williams, Eric Wood, and Leodis McKelvin were all recently re-signed before they hit Free Agency.

Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson are also playing on extended contracts without ever coming close to hitting Free Agency.

Stevie Johnson was re-signed before he hit Free Agency and Fitz was given a mid-year extension.

Reports came out of OBD as early as Spring of 2014 that they were working on extending Jerry Hughes.

The Bills have recently said they are working on extending Nigel Bradham before his contract is up next year, and Im sure they have plans to work on Dareus asap.

They have to work an entire roster into the limited cap space available. Some players dont want to settle for an extension and would rather test Free Agency. That is the player's decision.

Andy Levitre and Jairus Byrd wanted to hit FA and go with the max offer. Searcy is unfortunately going to be over-valued this year, knows it, and is doing the same. Hughes is the top pass rusher in FA this year and would be stupid not to listen to other offers, just in case. (And that's only 4 unsigned players worth noting, compared to all those we re-signed)

And if the Bills are offering 25M guaranteed and he thinks he can get 30M on Tuesday why would he sign today?

Because the Bills offer will expire. He's sweating that his agent gets this deal done with the Bills or he'll be on the Bucs before he can say 3 Mississippi.

Because the Bills offer will expire. He's sweating that his agent gets this deal done with the Bills or he'll be on the Bucs before he can say 3 Mississippi.

yep that's why Tim Graham's report said the clock was ticking on "both sides." Based on what we've heard, seems Hughes wants to stay here but has told his agent to get the Bills to offer as much as anyone else.

Who is this random twitter guy?

yep that's why Tim Graham's report said the clock was ticking on "both sides." Based on what we've heard, seems Hughes wants to stay here but has told his agent to get the Bills to offer as much as anyone else.

Exactly except I think these agents actually tell the majority of the players what they need to do. I think they recite things like - great players like you have to keep the market up for all the players behind you - just like the players before you did. I know you want to play for the Bills but we must take the emotion out of this and realize this is bigger than you and besides need to pay you what you're worth. Then they tell him things like - the Bills will cut you in a minute Jerry if you hurt your knee so this has to be done. Then lost in the shuffle is a guy that wants to come back that just goes and gets the money. The Bills are in the position of power - they are the ones that by Tuesday will say no we're done and Jerry Hughes will crap when he goes to a team without our line and is never considered a good player again.

My #sources say he's the new Kevin Massare

Just funny the things he is tweeting...

The Mario Williams thing is what is most funny b.c no matter what his contract will be restructured... He doesn't have to ask the Bills to do it...

Edited by Beef Jerky

QB?

<_< well, you asked.

At least now it would make sense when marrone said he had no idea why hughes got benched! What a sad situation that was....

He either benched him himself and threw pepper Johnson under the bus, or he really didn't notice/care. Neither is ok.