Willie McGinest "The Bills not done in Free Agency"

Forget Revis. Devin McCourty is the guy we need to get and IMO more valuable in Rex's defense than Revis. Sure, Revis is a better coverage guy, but McCourty is way more versatile and can do more things in Rex's defense. He can cover TE's, can take away the middle, and is a solid tackler. Rex can get really creative with this guy.

Other guys we should be lookin at is Mike Iupati, David Harris, and Niles Paul.

If we can get McCourty, Iupati, Harris, and Paul in free agency. Get some more defensive players and o-lineman in the draft, we'll be AFC championship contenders.

Last two days getting you a little greedy eh?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget Revis. Devin McCourty is the guy we need to get and IMO more valuable in Rex's defense than Revis. Sure, Revis is a better coverage guy, but McCourty is way more versatile and can do more things in Rex's defense. He can cover TE's, can take away the middle, and is a solid tackler. Rex can get really creative with this guy.

If we can get McCourty, Iupati, Harris, and Paul in free agency. Get some more defensive players and o-lineman in the draft, we'll be AFC championship contenders.

Jesus Beevis, calm down! You're living on adrenaline! Without cuts and restructuring contracts we can't get all that done but it's fun to imagine. I'd love to have McCourty, a TE and a new OG myself.

Lupati was talked-up in these here parts for a few weeks. But it really slowed down

Which is fine, because recent reports suggest he struggles in pass-pro, and his body is breaking down. PASS.

Vernon Davis? Fine. doesnt move my needle either way. I guess we could use some veteran maturity on offense though.

McCourty / Revis? I dont want to break the bank at that position. I know Rexy needs good CBs blah blah blah, but that's because he couldnt generate consistent pressure by only rushing 4. Welcome to the Buffalo Bills, hope you enjoy your stay. Adapt and overcome (hat-tip to the U.S. Marine Corps) without "shutdown" corners and spend the money elsewhere.

David Harris? Seems like a fait accompli. So be it.

Edited by maddenboy

I know this is a little vague, but I just finished watching NFL Total Access and in the last segment, Willie McGinest stated the Bills are nowhere near done in free agency. The other announcers tried pressing him for more info as the show ended, but he wouldn't say anything further except shake his and said again "The Bills not done in Free Agency". I'm curious to know what his sources are telling him and who his sources are?

Free Agency hasn't started yet. How can they be done?

Well, that's good since free agency hasn't started yet.

Exactly.

Looking at Overthecap and Rotoworld I get about $15.7M in available cap space. That is after the Cassel and McCoy contracts are accounted for and assuming they don't change and that workout bonuses are earned. ($30.44M-4.75-10=$15.69M). One big caveat to that number: 62 players will be under contract at that point so the "Rule of 51" will apply, giving the Bills almost $5M more in usable cap space, putting them just over $20M

They should be still be able to get some help with $20M. They still have room to re-sign Hughes and get upgrades on the OL, at TE and in the secondary. They'll have to set some space aside for draft picks too, but with a 2nd, a 3rd, two 6ths and a 7th that shouldn't be that much. I'm almost as interested to see who gets cut as I am who they sign. Almost. It will be interesting to see how this roster shapes up.

Edited by BarleyNY

We already have that player in Aaron Williams

Really can't believe that people would rather sink 8 mill into mccourty. Rotowlrld says David Harris will be looking for 6-8 mill per year. Not sure if that's the case, but that's way more than I'd be ok with paying him. 4mill max or don't do it. Jerry hughes >>>>>>>>>> David Harris for this team. If we let hughes go and sign Harris to a 6-8 mill$ a year contract, I'll be thoroughly PO'd and wonder if we're in trouble.

Lupati was talked-up in these here parts for a few weeks. But it really slowed down

Which is fine, because recent reports suggest he struggles in pass-pro, and his body is breaking down. PASS.

Vernon Davis? Fine. doesnt move my needle either way. I guess we could use some veteran maturity on offense though.

McCourty / Revis? I dont want to break the bank at that position. I know Rexy needs good CBs blah blah blah, but that's because he couldnt generate consistent pressure by only rushing 4. Welcome to the Buffalo Bills, hope you enjoy your stay. Adapt and overcome (hat-tip to the U.S. Marine Corps) without "shutdown" corners and spend the money elsewhere.

David Harris? Seems like a fait accompli. So be it.

For crying out loud- it is Iupati NOT Lupati.