Post Cassel: What's next at QB?

174 members have voted

1. 1. What moves, if any, will the Bills make at QB following the Cassel trade?

• None. We're entering the season with Cassel, EJ, and Tuel, may the best man win.
    • Signing a Free Agent QB
    • Drafting a QB
    • Pulling off a blockbuster trade for a big name QB
  2. 2. As of now, who do you predict will start for the Bills in 2015?

• Matt Cassel
    • EJ Manuel
    • Jeff Tuel
    • Other (write-in)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buscaglia was on Denver talk radio this afternoon and he was pretty sure the Bills weren't done at the QB position. I'd eliminate the Cassel-EJ-Tuel only option. I know folks will say he knows nothing, but he does have sources and he knew exactly how much (answer: not much) the Bills would be on the hook for if they cut Cassel. I'm going with the Leroi theory-- we bring in another vet (I still say Sanchez, but I could see Locker or Hoyer) and cut EJ. This management team is completely in a future is now mode, and I can't see them going into the season with only Cassel and EJ (and a mid round rookie?) at QB.

Buscaglia was on Denver talk radio this afternoon and he was pretty sure the Bills weren't done at the QB position. I'd eliminate the Cassel-EJ-Tuel only option. I know folks will say he knows nothing, but he does have sources and he knew exactly how much (answer: not much) the Bills would be on the hook for if they cut Cassel. I'm going with the Leroi theory-- we bring in another vet (I still say Sanchez, but I could see Locker or Hoyer) and cut EJ. This management team is completely in a future is now mode, and I can't see them going into the season with only Cassel and EJ (and a mid round rookie?) at QB.

EJ would be scooped up in a second. But that would be a Bills move. Get rid of a young guy for proven journeymen. I pray you're wrong.

We're done with FAQB's. We'll draft one and let him and Tuel battle for #3. DW wants EJ and the starter will be the winner of the EJ/Cassel tussle. I am underwhelmed, but with what is available -- it is what it is. I'll feel better with some FA OL help.

rephrase: What has happened over the past 6 months that would suggest that EJ Manuel will start week 1? I don't think the Bills trying to piece together a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS6 and throw Stephen Hawking behind the wheel. I would love for EJ to improve, but as far as I can tell, the Bills aren't counting on it.

Edited by Thrivefourfive

I think I would still like to see us go for Mark Sanchez. I think this ensures we don't make any rash decisions or end up getting into a bidding war with another team and over-pay. If no Sanchez, we are still happy and can get a quality OT/OG and a TE in FA.

Yes! Let's bring the butt fumble play to Buffalo!

I hope they sign Locker. And I just threw up in my mouth a little. Happy?

If not Locker, I hope its Bradford.

If not Bradford or Locker, we're screwed. I see Cassel being cut before the season starts if we get one of the above. And I love Tuel. Moxie!

------

by the way, in the interest of full disclosure, I opined in another thread a couple weeks ago, that they will only bring in QBs who can beat EJ in a competition. I was wrong. I hope they arent done yet.

Edited by maddenboy

Figure this could be a fun poll/general discussion.

Do we bring in any FAs? Do we draft another QB? Do we go into the season with Cassel/EJ/Tuel?

My personal prediction:

Drafting another QB late in the draft... we got the vet QB we were aiming for. During camp, Tuel gets cut. Cassel and EJ are neck and neck for the starting spot, with EJ winning by an edge due to mobility advantages, and the desire to develop a QB for the long run.

based on the other 2 polls this seems to be in line with the results that EJ will win any BQ competition nd be the starter

:thumbsup:

Sign Locker in free Agency. Draft one of Grayson, Mannion, or Petty. Locker wins, EJ is cut.

That would make me very happy, but I fear that the plan is to kick the can down the road and deal with the QB situation next season. Again, I prefer your strategy and hope that's what they do.

I think I would still like to see us go for Mark Sanchez. I think this ensures we don't make any rash decisions or end up getting into a bidding war with another team and over-pay. If no Sanchez, we are still happy and can get a quality OT/OG and a TE in FA.

The Cassel signing decreases the chances of Sanchez being brought in. Word is that he didn't take sitting the bench well last season so I'm not sure he's the guy you want. He likely will be looking first at teams where he has a clear path to be the starter. If those dry up then places where there is competition will be more likely destinations. It could happen, but I'd take Locker first if I could get him. Edited by BarleyNY