Ndamukong Suh - too crazy an idea?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Suh or Ngata!! I think our DBs are very capable and will be better as long as the front seven are putting pressure on opposing QBs and stopping the run game. Imagine this:

K. Williams Suh/Ngata Dareus

M. Williams P.Brown Alonzo Hughes

Mc Kelvin Gilmore

C.Graham A.Williams

I think signing Suh would be brilliant, as long as it doesn't cost us Dareus.

We could have 100 mil of cap room and our offense is still going to be mediocre at best, if we signed Suh we'd still be able to upgrade at OG and sign one of the vet FA QBs. No amount of cap space is landing us Andrew Luck and you can't completely overhaul one side of the ball in FA period. FA should be approached as a chance to sign superstar players like Suh whose original team is too capped out to resign, or to plug some obvious holes. Adding Suh to our front 7 with Rex calling the defense would make us scary on that side.

I don't think Suh would have much interest coming here though, sounds like he either wants a NY sized market or to go back home to the west coast.

I betcha Suh gets 4 years, 12.5 million/year, with 28 million guaranteed. That would eat up nearly half of our cap space depending upon how the deal was structured. I based his contract of Ngata's BTW.

I don't believe that will be the number. I'm guessing $15 million/year $40M guaranteed.

That would make three down linemen, and two of four linebackers linemen as well.

Kiko and Preston will have a lot of ground to cover, but not A lot of time to have to cover.

I don't think it'll happen but the thought of that five tearing into the back field gives me chills, lol.

Edited by JaxBills

I partially just wanted an excuse to type out "Ndamukong" as I have so few opportunities to do so. But what about bringing this guy aboard? The obvious answer is that we already have a strong d-line and would have too much money tied up there. He would definitely cost a lot, but in this case, you wouldn't bring back Hughes, so its all about opportunity cost.

Hear me out though. Kyle Williams is aging (although he's still excellent) and there is no guarantee Dareus will re-sign in Buffalo. If he does, you have two elite tackles along with Mario. The salary cap keeps rising and we don't have a big-time QB to pay, as Whaley keeps reminding us.

With Detroit deciding not to franchise him (mostly due to money tied up with Stafford and Johnson), I think the Bills should look at this. The defense could be historically good next season with that d-line and Rex Ryan running it.

Kyle-Marcel-Suh

Mario-Brown-Bradham-Kiko

Gilmore-A. WIlliams-Rambo/Duke-Leodis

(salivating)

What, no Revis?

I don't really have an opinion on it since I don't know the cap well enough to know if it's possible but.......Would this not be (on paper) the greatest defensive line in NFL history if we got Suh and kept Kyle as a back-up?

If we did this, we would be choosing Suh over Dareus.

How would people feel about that?

The upside would be we would be getting one year with both of them.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. It's not like we'll have a $20 mil QB next year. Kyle Williams is going to be 32 before this year and Mario is 30, the longer term heart of the defense would likely be Suh and Dareus with Mario and Kyle leaving.

I think it's all a lot of hot air as I don't see us being high on his list.