RUMOR: EJ Manuel Likely To Be Cut

negativo

If this is true I have to assume that the deal on day 1 of FA is a trade that has already been worked out and not a move for a FA QB. And if that is the case then maybe it's not such a bad thing. Either way this offseason is set to be the most exciting one I can remember in a while and I'm ready to see it all play out however it does.

A trade for Roman's boy Kaepernick?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only logical reason to cut EJ would be to sell to Bradford that there is no QB controversy, and that this is his team. Sign McCown as the back up, with him knowing damn well he needs to be ready at an ACL tears notice.

this team doesn't follow logic... therefore, EJ will not be cut

I think the biggest hang up is the "1st round pick" title. I absolutely believe there were very few (if any) other teams that graded EJ out as a 1st round pick. He played at a major college program that ran a pro style system for several years, this wasn't a Joe Flacco instance where he was playing against inferior competition and people struggled to accurately judge him. The book was out on EJ regarding his struggles with accuracy and his methodical (nice way of saying slow) approach.

I think our braintrust fell in love with him in interviews and talked themselves into needing to take a QB prospect early. They moved down from 8 because they knew he'd still be on the board but weren't willing to risk it any further. EVERYONE in the business jumped all over us the second the pick was made and while EJ has looked competent at times, they've largely been right.

You can't drastically change a guys accuracy. While EJ has shown flashes the necessary consistency hasn't been there. You can miss a deep pass, but you absolutely have to nail your short throws. He's routinely missed guys or placed the ball in bad spots on the short throws. One would believe Rex and Roman have spent many hours studying him and have talked to many people they trust regarding him. If they make the decision to release him, it's because they don't see it. Until they burn us, they at least deserve a bit of the benefit of the doubt if they decide he doesn't have it.

If he didn't have the "1st round pick" label there would be nowhere near the same amount of people who believe he needs more chances and from every outside perspective he's a 1st round pick in name only.

I haven't seen anything to make me think he's his boy or would want to coach him again. He seemed to think he was pretty limited.

Kaep is Harbaughs boy.

only logical reason to cut EJ would be to sell to Bradford that there is no QB controversy, and that this is his team. Sign McCown as the back up, with him knowing damn well he needs to be ready at an ACL tears notice.

Bradford, if we got him, would only come via trade.Meaning he'd have no say in the situation, so there's nothing to sell.

Does Bradford need a blanket and a hot chocolate to go along with that? The wuss should thank his lucky stars he got the last golden ticket on the rookie big bucks QB train.