Hughes contract in the works according to report.

mellaman101

totally agree! this is a forum to discuss bills and football related topics.. rumors are a big part of it.. cannot understand why some get miffed if a report was not properly vetted..

I hate when someone asks for a link. I'd they didn't give a source they might not have one. And sometimes the sources are wrong as well. It it were somethinf like some on saw Aaron Rodgers in the BNIA terminal. Ok.... sure but everything does not need a sourcing.lets just discus all the pipe dreams and we will smatter facts in as we go. I thought this was a discussion board

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather spend this money on a QB. But what QB options do we have?

The truth is that you just can't build a team that's strong everywhere. There's not enough money, not enough quality FAs, and not enough draft picks.

So you build pockets of excellence where you can. Right now we have the opportunity to resign Hughes which will give us possibly the best defensive front 7 in the NFL in 2015. My fingers are crossed this works out.

This is exactly correct. The team needs balance, but it cant just be mediocrity throughout. There have to be some stars. Hughes is either an emergent star, or a product of the system, but either way he produces.

I hate when someone asks for a link.

It depends on the context, but overall I disagree with this. On this board facts are regularly sprinkled in with the sea of opinion, so opinion written as fact is irritating. Too many people here make statements written as fact, and sometimes that's genuinely confusing.

Opinion is fine

I'd rather spend this money on a QB. But what QB options do we have?

The truth is that you just can't build a team that's strong everywhere. There's not enough money, not enough quality FAs, and not enough draft picks.

So you build pockets of excellence where you can. Right now we have the opportunity to resign Hughes which will give us possibly the best defensive front 7 in the NFL in 2015. My fingers are crossed this works out.

along those same lines, what about if the Bills 'other' big FA signing is Revis? talk about a scary D for a few years.

You would be done most likely, with out any significant O signings. How would you feel?

along those same lines, what about if the Bills 'other' big FA signing is Revis? talk about a scary D for a few years.

You would be done most likely, with out any significant O signings. How would you feel?

I'd be fine w/ that. As long as we bring in a FA QB, none of which I would consider "significant." Hit up OL and RB in the draft.

It depends on the context, but overall I disagree with this. On this board facts are regularly sprinkled in with the sea of opinion, so opinion written as fact is irritating. Too many people here make statements written as fact, and sometimes that's genuinely confusing.

Opinion is fine

agreed - i dig getting to see all kinds, but like to know the difference when reading

If we can sign Hughes, Charles Clay, Iupati, and Devin McCourty, I'll be a happy camper.

McCourty would be huge for us as he can play the CB AND the Safety position, can serve as a valuable asset for Rex Ryan's defense.

Then draft Jay Ajayi in the second to be our lead back for years to come. Love this guy and I think he'll be one of the best RBs in this year's draft class. He's also a physical RB that fits into Roman's system.

If we can sign Hughes, Charles Clay, Iupati, and Devin McCourty, I'll be a happy camper.

McCourty would be huge for us as he can play the CB AND the Safety position, can serve as a valuable asset for Rex Ryan's defense.

Then draft Jay Ajayi in the second to be our lead back for years to come. Love this guy and I think he'll be one of the best RBs in this year's draft class. He's also a physical RB that fits into Roman's system.

Side note...isn't it "quoth" the raven?