Chris Kelsay's hunting trip

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hunting" huh? Whatever. I'm sure that took a lot of patience, cunning, and skill. Pffft. Boooo!

Seriously. The only way "hunting" a HERD animal would be difficult nowadays, would be with a freakin bowie knife. Lame.

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

"Hunting" huh? Whatever. I'm sure that took a lot of patience, cunning, and skill. Pffft. Boooo!

Seriously. The only way "hunting" a HERD animal would be difficult nowadays, would be with a freakin bowie knife. Lame.

Unless what you're hunting has a rifle too, and knows how to use it, it isn't a sport.

Unless what you're hunting has a rifle too, and knows how to use it, it isn't a sport.

+2. Hunting for pleasure rather than subsistence is as lame as it gets. Probably had a guide in some fenced in canned hunt. Diehard Alaska the Last Frontier viewer and respect their entire approach to hunting, trapping, fishing and the subsistence lifestyle, hunting because you think it's sport is pathetic.

Canned hunts are not hunting. Ugh. Herd animals can indeed be difficult to hunt, but animals in a high-wall "hunting ranch" are not.

It gives a bad name to hunting overall, which has a myriad of environmental benefits both direct and indirect. I'm too tired to write my whole schpeel right now, but I hunt because I am an environmentalist. I backpack into designated wilderness area and pack my meat out, as is legally required and the reason I hunt. Anyone who thinks real hunting isn't difficult is kidding themselves to the extreme. That said, I'm a westerner, and what hunting does for the land/animals and how it's done is incredibly different from eastern-style hunting, where there's much less big public wilderness.