Chris Kelsay's hunting trip

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Look. It's a reality that humans kill animals for all kinds of reasons, some of which are "good."

Hell, killing animals (and people) along with other forms of brutality are the hallmarks of Western Civilization. To name one example, where would this country be without a rich heritage of slavery, child labor, and government endorsed genocide? Not to mention a major war every 20 years or so?

It's just that some people find killing animals for pleasure to be disgusting.

You have indicated that you do it for sustenance. I don't have a problem with that.

Just Western civilization huh?

He might as well have been in a helicopter with Sarah Palin. Killing an animal with a weapon you fashioned with your own hands, that you tracked for days on foot, with barely enough food you had in a knapsack, is hunting. Shooting an animal with a high powered rifle is slaughter. Gutless slaughter.

He might as well have been in a helicopter with Sarah Palin. Killing an animal with a weapon you fashioned with your own hands, that you tracked for days on foot, with barely enough food you had in a knapsack, is hunting. Shooting an animal with a high powered rifle is slaughter. Gutless slaughter.

I suppose you like your meat killed with a captive bolt pistol eh?

Gutless is buying your meat at a supermarket after someone else slaughters it for you while claiming false moral superiority over those that hunt.

Kelsay is actually doing more for animal conservation than any animal rights activist in this thread will ever do. Hunting older bison is necessary for maintaining a healthy herd:

The hunt is a management tool to remove the oldest breeding bulls from of the herd. These bulls are typically 10+ years old. After the summer rut, these bulls leave the herd and winter by themselves or in small groups throughout the park.

http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/directory/custer/hunting/trophy-bison.aspx

He also probably paid thousands of dollars to be able to hunt that bison, which will most likely fund the conservation of thousands of other animals.

Edited by Fingon

Deer... Hunting is wrong...

I'll take a Big Mac, large fries abd a diet Pepsi!

Freaking hunters make me sick... Gulp... I'm such a good person! Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to Walmart to buy some chicken nuggets, which are made from chickens that happily hop into the deep fryer!

Edited by TheFunPolice

same with milf hunting.

anyone know what animal the mcrib comes from? should i hunt a mcrib with a bow or a captive bolt pistol?

There is a theory it's pork. Or remnants of pork. I would go with the slaughterhouse weapon of choice, a captive bolt pistol. Maybe bring a blender too.

I am waiting for someone to post a Youtube of a slaughterhouse kill floor. That should get the natives going. Nothing like entrapping an animal in gates and pulling the trigger on a bolt pistol. What a sport.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

There is a theory it's pork. Or remnants of pork. I would go with the slaughterhouse weapon of choice, a captive bolt pistol. Maybe bring a blender too.

i use a turkey baster and plastic sandwich bag when i hunt the pink slime they use to make mcnuggets.

I am a great person because I insist on all the meat I consume being warehoused in an industrial factory farm, slaughtered with electricity or bullets on a conveyor belt, then mass produced in one gigantic meat grinder.

It is completely sickening to think of a healthy, free animal eating real food and being quickly and humanely taken in its native environment for consumption.

He shot it with his bow.

Gutless slaughter is poking animals with electric prods to get them onto a conveyor belt so that they can be run through a machine that kills them in bulk... then their dead bodies tumble by on another conveyor belt to a room where people who butcher the carcasses stand covered in guts, blood, and feces to the point that their fingernails separate from their skin.

Then the cuts of meat go down another belt to a mass packing room where they head out to the grocery store so that the morally pure can purchase their meat and tell anyone who will listen what great people they are and how hunters are evil scum!

Or if you're REALLY morally pure, your meat goes to another plant where it is ground up. mixed with chemicals and other "fillers" to form a nice paste, and is them pressed into cute little shapes that are then deep fried and flash frozen. Then the little stars and squares and circles of animal goo are shipped off to the mega mart where the morally pure and buy them and feel good that at least THEY don't kill poor defenseless little animals!

But yeah, hunters are such bad people. Are they above chicken/pork paste made into little blocks?

Edited by TheFunPolice

Gutless slaughter is poking animals with electric prods to get them onto a conveyor belt so that they can be run through a machine that kills them in bulk... then their dead bodies tumble by on another conveyor belt to a room where people who butcher the carcasses stand covered in guts, blood, and feces to the point that their fingernails separate from their skin.

Then the cuts of meat go down another belt to a mass packing room where they head out to the grocery store so that the morally pure can purchase their meat and tell anyone who will listen what great people they are and how hunters are evil scum!

Or if you're REALLY morally pure, your meat goes to another plant where it is ground up. mixed with chemicals and other "fillers" to form a nice paste, and is them pressed into cute little shapes that are then deep fried and flash frozen. Then the little stars and squares and circles of animal goo are shipped off to the mega mart where the morally pure and buy them and feel good that at least THEY don't kill poor defenseless little animals!

But yeah, hunters are such bad people. Are they above chicken/pork paste made into little blocks?

The Native Americans are praised for using every part of the animal, yet chicken nuggets are literally satanic to some people.

The Native Americans are praised for using every part of the animal, yet chicken nuggets are literally satanic to some people.

Industrial processed food couldn't be any farther from what the Native Americans are praised for.

Anyone who eats meat yet is against hunting an animal for its meat deserves to be ridiculed for their ignorance.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Canned hunts are not hunting. Ugh. Herd animals can indeed be difficult to hunt, but animals in a high-wall "hunting ranch" are not.

It gives a bad name to hunting overall, which has a myriad of environmental benefits both direct and indirect. I'm too tired to write my whole schpeel right now, but I hunt because I am an environmentalist. I backpack into designated wilderness area and pack my meat out, as is legally required and the reason I hunt. Anyone who thinks real hunting isn't difficult is kidding themselves to the extreme. That said, I'm a westerner, and what hunting does for the land/animals and how it's done is incredibly different from eastern-style hunting, where there's much less big public wilderness.

actually, hunting in the east also has benefits as well. Deer over-population brings a bevy of issues from the small (damage to landscaping) to larger issues (ticks). Many hunters in the east and mid-west hunt deer and donate the meat to food banks.

Kelsay is actually doing more for animal conservation than any animal rights activist in this thread will ever do. Hunting older bison is necessary for maintaining a healthy herd:

http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/directory/custer/hunting/trophy-bison.aspx

He also probably paid thousands of dollars to be able to hunt that bison, which will most likely fund the conservation of thousands of other animals.

don't let the anti-hunting crowd see this, esp. the idiot who kept posting on his twitter than hunting is unsustainable. As you correctly indicated, you need permits to hunt, and the population of animals are controlled by wildlife officers. (P.S. I've never hunted, but appreciate those that do).

Christ, just saw this. I hunt a lot, deer, antelope, turkey, pheasant, but I don't shoot anything I don't eat. Why the Hell would you shoot a Bison or a Buffalo? FN lame. Big man. He'll probably say it was charging him, likely it was grazing or napping.

Edited by Green Lightning

Christ, just saw this. I hunt a lot, deer, antelope, turkey, pheasant, but I don't shoot anything I don't eat. Why the Hell would you shoot a Bison or a Buffalo? FN lame. Big man. He'll probably say it was charging him, likely it was grazing or napping.

You're aware that bison is not only edible but delicious, right?