Chris Kelsay's hunting trip

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I hope he's got a big ass freezer. I shot 3 deer this year. We'll eat two and I gave the other to my sister. An average Buffalo will likely get you 1,600 lbs of meat. But even if he gives it away this just rubs me wrong. Things I shoot generally don't stand and stare at me when chewing their cud or amble by me in a herd. Maybe it's just me, but I would be ashamed to shoot what is really a big cow and claim it's a hunt.

No...just a general statement he's made to me a few times. Alaska is a big place and I'm sure it's totally different depending on where and when we would go.

Its more of dream scenario he has and would hope that it comes true someday.

Any suggestions or tips are appreciated...wouldn't be for a few years tho.

For those who want to know...the bison was killed with a bow in Texas. He is using the meat and it will be going into his freezer.

I get this information directly from him should you need to know my source.

Get a grip people hunting is not the devil and you all need to know how your chicken, pork and beef is harvested.

Be warned a guided moose hunt in AK is around $15000. Best DIY method is a fly in drop off hunt. You can get to very good hunting grounds for about $800 both ways. Hire a plane on wheels, not floats. Float planes need lakes and lakes attract hunters. If you do a self guided hunt ck regs first, some game units are closed to non residents. See if you can find the video love thunder and bulls. It's a very good guide to moose calling.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=regulations.main

Edited by Jim in Anchorage