Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it didn't have all the exciting scenes that people want, but i thought it laid a lot of groundwork, character development etc....gonna be interesting to see how Jimmy made the leap from criminal to lawyer so seemingly late in life. Mike is finally warming up to Jimmy. The Kettlemens money, that whole thing was a bit too convenient, but we only have 60 minutes. Gonna be fun to see what happens.

Nacho's Nacho guy! Gotta love Gilligan subtle character naming.

Saul is learning how to think like a criminal.

Mike is just being Mike.

Anyone else think the Treasurer's wife is kind of MILFy?

The wife is the brains of the operation. Her big dumb galloot of a hubby will take the fall.

Nacho's Nacho guy! Gotta love Gilligan subtle character naming.

Saul is learning how to think like a criminal.

Mike is just being Mike.

Anyone else think the Treasurer's wife is kind of MILFy?

Hottest one since Morena Baccarin as Jessica Bordy Homeland. :wub:

The wife is the brains of the operation. Her big dumb galloot of a hubby will take the fall.

Yep. You nailed it. :thumbsup:0:)

Amazing how Gilligan is turning a throwaway line meant for character development into it's own series

Breaking Bad, Season 2, Better Call Saul

Couldn't find video but here's a script...

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=breaking-bad&episode=s02e08

Saul Goodman: Please sit. So it's a shame that we have to meet under these circumstances. I believe you have something for me? Mayhew.

Is that Irish or English? Irish. Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato-eater.
My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hittin' member of the tribe, so to speak.

very interesting....i was thinking saul goodman was a secret alias to escape his past...but if he is throwing mcgill around in BB that must not be the case. Nice find!

Amazing how Gilligan is turning a throwaway line meant for character development into it's own series

Breaking Bad, Season 2, Better Call Saul

Couldn't find video but here's a script...

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=breaking-bad&episode=s02e08

Saul Goodman: Please sit. So it's a shame that we have to meet under these circumstances. I believe you have something for me? Mayhew.

Is that Irish or English? Irish. Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato-eater.
My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hittin' member of the tribe, so to speak.

Great first two episodes. I'm a little surprised by Saul's sense of morality. I guess Breaking Bad left me thinking that he was your stereotypical "do anything for a buck" lawyer. Something has to break him bad. Maybe its this angle with the firm that his brother works/worked at.

Interesting foreshadowing, too, at the opening with him working at the Cinnabon spot. If I remember correctly that was alluded to in BB which would mean that scene is post Heisenberg (I believe that in the final season of BB that is where Saul said that he wanted to disappear to). If Vince Gilligan's linear story-telling convention holds true to form, we will see that Cinnabon circumstance materialize by the end of this season. Which would mean subsequent seasons would be post Heisenberg and this season would have to tackle a marathon amount of issues and comprise a few years.

Not sure how that will work.

Saul is already "broken bad" -- he grew up a sheister. If anything, he's struggling to be good.

Cinnabon is post BB. I believe this series will lead us up to the point at which WW enters the picture, and then probably "jump" forward. I don't expect to get all that way in the first season. There is still so much more to develop regarding Jimmy:

-- what happens with Chuck and the law firm

-- when does he change his name

-- storyline with romantic interest (Kim)

-- involvement with Tuco/Nacho and crew

-- further development of relationship w/ Mike

-- introduction of Gus

If the series is going to be 4-5 seasons, I would guess we don't even get to Gus until the 4th season. At some point the series has to jump past the Walter White era before it concludes.

you saw that when he hung up with that chick and said to no one, "I'm no hero" then went to call the kettlemen to warn them

Saul is already "broken bad" -- he grew up a sheister. If anything, he's struggling to be good.

Cinnabon is post BB. I believe this series will lead us up to the point at which WW enters the picture, and then probably "jump" forward. I don't expect to get all that way in the first season. There is still so much more to develop regarding Jimmy:

-- what happens with Chuck and the law firm

-- when does he change his name

-- storyline with romantic interest (Kim)

-- involvement with Tuco/Nacho and crew

-- further development of relationship w/ Mike

-- introduction of Gus

If the series is going to be 4-5 seasons, I would guess we don't even get to Gus until the 4th season. At some point the series has to jump past the Walter White era before it concludes.