Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

Ah, a bitter sweet reality. I'm so anxious to watch it, but know I'll be jonesing till Season 2 arrives. At least we'll have football to act as a distraction while we're waiting. :lol:

Once it's done, my wife will finally want to catch up on the season. I can binge watch it all over again. That's a nice positive to this.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else heard about the possibility for Gus Fring to enter the story? I recall hearing way back that he would be part of the show, and that Cranston and Aaron Paul might also make brief appearances. I've been waiting for Mike to meet up with Gus. Maybe plans for next season?

Patience, grasshopper.

Fact -- there is no way for the story to logically proceed without Fring entering the picture at some point. As for WW and Jesse -- I could envision some well-placed cameos but neither will (or should) be any central focus to this series.

Edit: in fact, the very last scene of BCS should be the moment WW walks into Saul's office.

Edited by eball

Patience, grasshopper.

Fact -- there is no way for the story to logically proceed without Fring entering the picture at some point. As for WW and Jesse -- I could envision some well-placed cameos but neither will (or should) be any central focus to this series.

Edit: in fact, the very last scene of BCS should be the moment WW walks into Saul's office.

I'd love something so minor as Jimmy driving by the carwash while Walter is out there drying off a car or something. Cranston seems to have the kind of sense of humor where he would sign up to be in the distant background of a shot like that. It could be like when Conan O'Brien was an extra in an episode of How I Met Your Mother. Other than that, I don't want Cranston anywhere near this series until the very end.

I'd love something so minor as Jimmy driving by the carwash while Walter is out there drying off a car or something. Cranston seems to have the kind of sense of humor where he would sign up to be in the distant background of a shot like that. It could be like when Conan O'Brien was an extra in an episode of How I Met Your Mother. Other than that, I don't want Cranston anywhere near this series until the very end.

Agreed -- that was exactly the sort of cameo I'm envisioning for Cranston. There's actually a lot more to play with when it comes to Jesse -- his relationship with Badger and Skinny Pete, for example.

Agreed -- that was exactly the sort of cameo I'm envisioning for Cranston. There's actually a lot more to play with when it comes to Jesse -- his relationship with Badger and Skinny Pete, for example.

And the other guy who was killed by the little kid drug dealer.

The episode was interesting. Not the fireworks you'd want for the season finale but rather the pause between chapters. I guess that is what it is supposed to be... but damn, this is where you do not put the book down.

The episode was interesting. Not the fireworks you'd want for the season finale but rather the pause between chapters. I guess that is what it is supposed to be... but damn, this is where you do not put the book down.

See ya next year folks... that's how they hook ya for next year.

I don't understand why he didn't work with the other firm? Was chuck in his head thinking he really wasn't good enough? Did he figure screw it I don't wont to be a lacky for some other stuck up lawyers? Does he start his own business hustling?

Like others said, didn't have the flash of a season ender, but it sets up the Jimmy to Saul transformation perfectly and shows that for all his faults Jimmy/Saul has a heart and is loyal.

I wish they would have ended the season with him just walking to the courthouse and left it open what would transpire with the offer from the joint firm that was working on the class action.

The bingo scene with the seniors didn't fit and dragged on. I don't think we needed to see them close the book on Marco as from our perspective the book was already closed on him (Jimmy moved on and hadn't talked to him in over a decade). A marco storyline could have served this show better after his transformation I think.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I loved the episode, especially the Bingo scene. LMAO at "Chicago sunroof."

The only odd thing for me at the end is why did he walk away from a legit career in law? Obviously Marco was on his mind. (Indicated by Jimmy still wearing the ring.) Was it that Chuck was right? That he'll always be "Slippin' Jimmy?" That no matter how hard he'd try to be a legit lawyer, people would still look down on him?

I loved the episode, especially the Bingo scene. LMAO at "Chicago sunroof."

The only odd thing for me at the end is why did he walk away from a legit career in law? Obviously Marco was on his mind. (Indicated by Jimmy still wearing the ring.) Was it that Chuck was right? That he'll always be "Slippin' Jimmy?" That no matter how hard he'd try to be a legit lawyer, people would still look down on him?

Exactly! I thought that was poor writing. Jimmy constantly fighting throughout the season to get a chance at a respected law careeer and finally there is an offer on a silver platter and he just walks away. I wish the writers would have had him accept the position with some eventual fallout that is the final straw.

Exactly! I thought that was poor writing. Jimmy constantly fighting throughout the season to get a chance at a respected law careeer and finally there is an offer on a silver platter and he just walks away. I wish the writers would have had him accept the position with some eventual fallout that is the final straw.

agreed

He was living his life right out of love and duty to his older brother. The same guy who effed him over. He goes back and reconnects with his old scam buddy and slips back into his old lifestyle. As he's about to become a grownup again, he has an epiphany. Why should he bust his azz proving his worth to people who look down on him when he be his own man, true to his old slippin' self?

That's my take. It still kind of came out of left field. But you have to trust these writers. They know what they are doing. I have to assume this will be explained in season 2.

He was living his life right out of love and duty to his older brother. The same guy who effed him over. He goes back and reconnects with his old scam buddy and slips back into his old lifestyle. As he's about to become a grownup again, he has an epiphany. Why should he bust his azz proving his worth to people who look down on him when he be his own man, true to his old slippin' self?

That's my take. It still kind of came out of left field. But you have to trust these writers. They know what they are doing. I have to assume this will be explained in season 2.

To an extent it was about his approval/acceptance as a lawyer. But that wasn't what really drived him. Jimmy was " all about the money" too and to give up a partnership in a law firm as easy as he did was lame IMO.