Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

The Albuquerque drug industry is apparently very small and close-knit.

Enough so that you almost have to assume the whole city's run by Gus Fring...which really has to make one wonder how Walter White, as an interloper, ever got out of Season 2 alive.

He survived because he was making the purest meth anyone ever seen.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly provides a whole new interpretation on why he changes his professional name to "Saul Goodman."

Nice take, here.

what a strong episode. Mike is f***ing awesome. Chuck really f***ed Jimmy. I think this is where we see Mike reach out to Jimmy/Saul to launder money for Mike's new racket, gonna be interesting to see how deep the veterinarian remains involved. Like someone else said...gonna really suck waiting for next season. Was the drug deal crew anyone from Tuco's crew? Anybody recognize anyone from that scene? I didn't

That was Nacho.

The Albuquerque drug industry is apparently very small and close-knit.

Enough so that you almost have to assume the whole city's run by Gus Fring...which really has to make one wonder how Walter White, as an interloper, ever got out of Season 2 alive.

Full measures.

Walter White may have been an interloper. Heisenberg was something else entirely. Gus had met his match.

Edited by K-9

what a strong episode. Mike is f***ing awesome. Chuck really f***ed Jimmy. I think this is where we see Mike reach out to Jimmy/Saul to launder money for Mike's new racket, gonna be interesting to see how deep the veterinarian remains involved. Like someone else said...gonna really suck waiting for next season. Was the drug deal crew anyone from Tuco's crew? Anybody recognize anyone from that scene? I didn't

Mike is great, they could make a whole show about him. Maybe when Saul is over Mike didn't really die and become a mob boss in his own right; Mad Men meets Breaking Bad :thumbsup:

Mike is great, they could make a whole show about him. Maybe when Saul is over Mike didn't really die and become a mob boss in his own right; Mad Men meets Breaking Bad :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same thing. Vince Gillian can keep making spinoffs from interesting Breaking Bad characters. A Gus Fring show? How about Hank & Marie? I bet there is a ton of issues between those two.

I was thinking the same thing. Vince Gillian can keep making spinoffs from interesting Breaking Bad characters. A Gus Fring show? How about Hank & Marie? I bet there is a ton of issues between those two.

I believe early on, there was mention of the Hank & Marie spin-off show...but Dean Norris had no interest in it.

Edited by Buftex

I believe early on, there was mention of the Hank & Marie spin-off show...but Dean Norris had no interest in it.

Dean Norris started a new gig on another show (forget which, not going to look it up) that I recall he was pretty happy with.

I heard another spinoff was planned, about the development of Walt Jr.'s breakfast preferences. "Breaking Eggs."

Dean Norris started a new gig on another show (forget which, not going to look it up) that I recall he was pretty happy with.

I heard another spinoff was planned, about the development of Walt Jr.'s breakfast preferences. "Breaking Eggs."

Norris seems to be the one cast member that doesn't want to bask in the "Breaking Bad" light. I have heard him say a few things, since it ended, making it sound like he has a "been there, done that" kind of attitude toward the show. Too bad, because you would think, beyond Gus Fring, Hank would be the other character from the original show, that could most easily worked into plots on "Better Call Saul". As I recall, the first time Saul and Hank met on "Breaking Bad" it seemed to establish that they had previous run-ins with one another.... who knows though, maybe when "Under the Dome" (or whatever his new show is called) gets cancelled, he will be interested again...

Edited by Buftex

Norris seems to be the one cast member that doesn't want to bask in the "Breaking Bad" light. I have heard him say a few things, since it ended, making it sound like he has a "been there, done that" kind of attitude toward the show. Too bad, because you would think, beyond Gus Fring, Hank would be the other character from the original show, that could most easily worked into plots on "Better Call Saul". As I recall, the first time Saul and Hank met on "Breaking Bad" it seemed to establish that they had previous run-ins with one another....

I do have a certain respect for an actor (or producer, director, writer...) who has the sense to say "The story is told. It's done. Time to move on." Too many try to milk a finished story with unnecessary sequels. I don't think Norris would be quite correct to take that attitude in this case - Jimmy McGill is a different story. But I can still respect the attitude.

The one who really should take that position is Aaron Paul. More than any other actor on the show, he's at the biggest risk of being typecast, since he doesn't really have a previous body of work to distinguish himself.

Norris seems to be the one cast member that doesn't want to bask in the "Breaking Bad" light. I have heard him say a few things, since it ended, making it sound like he has a "been there, done that" kind of attitude toward the show. Too bad, because you would think, beyond Gus Fring, Hank would be the other character from the original show, that could most easily worked into plots on "Better Call Saul". As I recall, the first time Saul and Hank met on "Breaking Bad" it seemed to establish that they had previous run-ins with one another.... who knows though, maybe when "Under the Dome" (or whatever his new show is called) gets cancelled, he will be interested again...

Under the Dome is an awful show

CBF

I do have a certain respect for an actor (or producer, director, writer...) who has the sense to say "The story is told. It's done. Time to move on." Too many try to milk a finished story with unnecessary sequels. I don't think Norris would be quite correct to take that attitude in this case - Jimmy McGill is a different story. But I can still respect the attitude.

The one who really should take that position is Aaron Paul. More than any other actor on the show, he's at the biggest risk of being typecast, since he doesn't really have a previous body of work to distinguish himself.

Agreed...everything I have seen him do since Breaking Bad ended, seems like he is playing a Jesse Pinkman-esque caricature... he did that "speed" movie, which I have admittedly not seen...but it didn't look to be a real stretch for him as an actor.

I kind of think it is cool when these people recognize how good something they were involved with really was, and how, really, fortunate they were to have been asked. I think Cranston, for example, is a really good actor...he is doing everything these days, but isn't too big, or full of himself, to re-create Walter White for a well done ad, or something. It is just fun.

Two of my favorite tv shows ever, Star Trek (the original) and the Sopranos starred really talented actors (Nimoy and Gandolfini respectively) who seemed to really struggle, for a good part of their lives, being associated with their iconic roles. Nimoy came around to it eventually...Gandofini never had the chance.

Under the Dome is an awful show

CBF

Never seen it...it looks bad. But I think it has done pretty well in the ratitngs, for a "free tv" network show...

Agreed...everything I have seen him do since Breaking Bad ended, seems like he is playing a Jesse Pinkman-esque caricature... he did that "speed" movie, which I have admittedly not seen...but it didn't look to be a real stretch for him as an actor.

I kind of think it is cool when these people recognize how good something they were involved with really was, and how, really, fortunate they were to have been asked. I think Cranston, for example, is a really good actor...he is doing everything these days, but isn't too big, or full of himself, to re-create Walter White for a well done ad, or something. It is just fun.

Two of my favorite tv shows ever, Star Trek (the original) and the Sopranos starred really talented actors (Nimoy and Gandolfini respectively) who seemed to really struggle, for a good part of their lives, being associated with their iconic roles. Nimoy came around to it eventually...Gandofini never had the chance.

Never seen it...it looks bad. But I think it has done pretty well in the ratitngs, for a "free tv" network show...

Cranston is unique in that he understands the popularity of his character and embraces the popularity, but with his wild sense of humor he falls just short of embracing the character as a whole. Every time I've seen him "go Heisenberg" outside of Breaking Bad, he's always somehow managed to convey that he's playing Heisenberg in the moment. He manages to subtly but clearly communicate "You're watching Heisenberg" in the series, but "You're watching me pretend to be Heisenberg" outside of it. That's some serious talent.

I'm probably one of very few who still first thinks of "Get Shorty" when someone mentions Gandolfini (and that mediocre movie with Robert Redford some years back, that I can't remember the name of). He was so iconic as Tony Soprano that even with a credible body of work behind him, he still ended up badly typecast.

I'm still waiting for the Walter White didn't die show. Maybe comes back on the Walking Dead :lol:

Under the Dome, not bad typical CBS show, plays in the summer

um AMC is free

Badger and Skinny Pete

Bevis and Butthead have already been done :D