Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking Saul would be a lot better if it had a different host, different format and a different set - a bar would work well there. Something like the bar where Jimmy and Marco pulled the cons. Needs a unique host for the show. Hardwick's goofiness works for Talking Dead but not for Saul.

Talking Saul would be a lot better if it had a different host, different format and a different set - a bar would work well there. Something like the bar where Jimmy and Marco pulled the cons. Needs a unique host for the show. Hardwick's goofiness works for Talking Dead but not for Saul.

Not a fan of Hardwick at all, I don't get his comedy one bit.

Love seeing the other McGill brother show up to work.

Scene w the Asian lady's and Jimmy saying farewell to the salon made me smile. Shows always well done.

This show is the best and worst of a prequel. I love it, but it sucks to know what will eventually happen.

Best scene for me last night was when the coffee cup fit perfectly in the old car but wouldn't fit in the new. Said so much with no words.

It kind of surprised me that they went in the direction of him taking the job at Davis & Main after all, when it looked like initially the narrative was going to be turning it down was going to be his start 'down the other path'. The tragedy there would have been him never taking the shot and seeing what that opportunity could have turned into. But now that he is there, it will be interesting to see what pushes him out. My bet is on Chuck sabotaging him (again) in some way - Chuck could turn out to be the biggest POS in the entire Saul/Bad universe.

Edited by stevewin

It kind of surprised me that they went in the direction of him taking the job at Davis & Main after all, when it looked like initially the narrative was going to be turning it down was going to be his start 'down the other path'. The tragedy there would have been him never taking the shot and seeing what that opportunity could have turned into. But now that he is there, it will be interesting to see what pushes him out. My bet is on Chuck sabotaging him (again) in some way - Chuck could turn out to be the biggest POS in the entire Saul/Bad universe.

My bet is on they discover he turned off the light switch.

Anyone else think that however many seasons this series runs, it should end precisely at the moment Walter White walks into Saul's office and introduces himself as Badger's uncle?

I'd take it a step further

In the finale, open with a black & white current day/flash forward at Orange Julius with something suspicious going on. Sometime during the finale Walt is introduced and we get the scene with Walt and Jesse putting on ski masks to abduct Saul. They put a hood on Saul and when the hood is lifted, it's flash foward back to black & white and the final scene

I'd take it a step further

In the finale, open with a black & white current day/flash forward at Orange Julius with something suspicious going on. Sometime during the finale Walt is introduced and we get the scene with Walt and Jesse putting on ski masks to abduct Saul. They put a hood on Saul and when the hood is lifted, it's flash foward back to black & white and the final scene

I suppose, if the writers have it in them, the series could eventually skip to the present day and follow some Breaking Bad fact progression to either Saul's demise or redemption.

I suppose, if the writers have it in them, the series could eventually skip to the present day and follow some Breaking Bad fact progression to either Saul's demise or redemption.

Gonna have to disagree with that.

Otherwise this show just becomes a Breaking Bad prequel

We already know Walt, Jesse, and Saul's history.

Now I suspect we will see more Tuco and the series will eventually trend towards a Gus storyline.

Maybe throw in a Wendy arc or the geeked up ATM couple

I have a feeling that in some way they are eventually going to expand more and more of the present day arc. Maybe more flash forwards, and by the last season they spend some more time in present day and it shows him eventually saying F it, and he goes into a slipping Jimmy mode despite the consequences of his witness protection (which might turn out tragic, but it's all relative given the tragedy of his life now anyway)

Gonna have to disagree with that.

Otherwise this show just becomes a Breaking Bad prequel

We already know Walt, Jesse, and Saul's history.

Now I suspect we will see more Tuco and the series will eventually trend towards a Gus storyline.

Maybe throw in a Wendy arc or the geeked up ATM couple

Like it or not, the series IS a Breaking Bad prequel -- Saul entered that series in Season 2 and he was a part of it for about 70% of the show.

IF the writers decide to take BCS to the present day after completing the prequel by showing us all of Saul's backstory, part of that story necessarily includes how Saul is dealing with his new identity and the constant fear he will be exposed.

Like it or not, the series IS a Breaking Bad prequel -- Saul entered that series in Season 2 and he was a part of it for about 70% of the show.

IF the writers decide to take BCS to the present day after completing the prequel by showing us all of Saul's backstory, part of that story necessarily includes how Saul is dealing with his new identity and the constant fear he will be exposed.

And I'm curious about that. In Breaking Bad, the implication was that he went into hiding from law enforcement. But so far, his "Cinnabon" story arc/clips seem to portray him far more as hiding from a now-dead Heisenberg or other criminal element.