Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And...The Cousins are back.

I wanted to be like Mike. Now...not so much, really.

Can't fault Mike for that, everybody has something or someone they cherish.

In Mike's case it's his little grand daughter. In your case its a James T Kirk man shaped pillow with a custom made 19 century Austro Hungarian officer's uniform

In Mike's case it's his little grand daughter. In your case its a James T Kirk man shaped pillow with a custom made 19 century Austro Hungarian officer's uniform

:lol:

What, no commentary on Monday night's show?

The montage of Jimmy's plot to get fired dragged a bit, but moved the story in a needed direction (i.e., getting out of Davis & Main). Very glad to see Kim being smart enough to know she doesn't want Jimmy as a law partner, and glad to see Jimmy admit he needs to be who he is.

The scene from Jimmy's dad's shop was excellent.

Can't wait to see what Mike does next; I think we may soon find out how Hector became an invalid.

The montage of Jimmy's plot to get fired dragged a bit, but moved the story in a needed direction (i.e., getting out of Davis & Main). Very glad to see Kim being smart enough to know she doesn't want Jimmy as a law partner, and glad to see Jimmy admit he needs to be who he is.

The scene from Jimmy's dad's shop was excellent.

Can't wait to see what Mike does next; I think we may soon find out how Hector became an invalid.

mike isn't letting this slide, he is staking out the place to see how he can get hector and crew.

Have never watched it.

Mead, you're missing out. Trust us.

Well, if true, I hope for Tom's sake that the helmet spike is made of foam. :lol:

mike isn't letting this slide, he is staking out the place to see how he can get hector and crew.

It definitely points to a coming conflict. This we know: Hector becomes paraplegic in BB. But Gus is dealing with the Cartel before that happens. Hector's nephews are healthy during this time.

Maybe Mike does manage to take that shot and that's one of the reasons Gus hires him.

I wonder what happens to Chuck's wife. She's obviously dead, and that's likely what sent him over the cliff.

Kim and Jimmy just aren't meant to be a real couple. Wonder how she gets written out of his life.

Will we ever see the money laundering mama with the death-eyes of a Great White from S1 again? I think Gilligan could roll out a spin-off mini-series about her. :w00t::devil::blush:

Loved the bagpipes by the way. Note to self: If you ever hear of one that wants to get fired from their office job - recommend they try practicing playing the pipes at work.

I agree 100%...I'm not sure if this is a problem with the show...I found myself somewhat bored with the sal story line and much more interested in the mike storyline.

I won't say I'm bored, but I'm definitely more interested in Mike's story. He was my favorite character in Breaking Bad though, so it's only natural I'm going to lean towards his story.

I agree 100%...I'm not sure if this is a problem with the show...I found myself somewhat bored with the sal story line and much more interested in the mike storyline.

I won't say I'm bored, but I'm definitely more interested in Mike's story. He was my favorite character in Breaking Bad though, so it's only natural I'm going to lean towards his story.

These reactions are not surprising, and I'm certain the show's creators expected them. Right now Jimmy's storyline is very unexciting...the last few episodes have simply been setting up the next bombshell, but seeing how Jimmy gets from one point to another is necessary background material. Mike's story, on the other hand, has been building and building, and it makes sense we're all so invested in that part of the show.

It has been, at times, boring for me. I thoroughly understand the reason to build up the storyline. The Kim Wexler character isn't doing it for me either....but I know the payoff is coming. I think Mike is just such a unique character that we all want to know more and get inside his head.

To me, this show is all gravy. BB was so spectacular and so unique, that I'm just laying back and enjoying the characters and the writing(not to mention NM and its beauty) and not getting too wrapped up in what is not happening. It could move faster yes, particularly Jimmy's evolution, but I'm fine where it is. I tend to think of it as DVD extras.....if that makes sense.

It definitely points to a coming conflict. This we know: Hector becomes paraplegic in BB. But Gus is dealing with the Cartel before that happens. Hector's nephews are healthy during this time.

Maybe Mike does manage to take that shot and that's one of the reasons Gus hires him.

I wonder what happens to Chuck's wife. She's obviously dead, and that's likely what sent him over the cliff.

Kim and Jimmy just aren't meant to be a real couple. Wonder how she gets written out of his life.

ying the pipes at work.

You're almost completely wrong. I don't know how...but you're making a lot of assumptions, and Vince Gilligan has a way of proving all your assumptions false. It could just as easily be, for example, that Chuck's wife left him because he started "becoming EM sensitive" and she couldn't deal with him like that. (I'd say that's more likely, in fact, since it's more along the lines Gilligan tends to plot, and leads to much richer character development with respect to Jimmy and Chuck's resulting co-dependence.)

Likewise, there's no way Hector Salamanca's condition ends up being from so prosaic a plot point. For example: don't forget that Gus Fring and the cartel have already been both cooperating and in conflict for more than ten years at this point (Gus is the cartel's distribution channel...but Gus want's control of production, as well, which is why he partners with Walter White to begin with. The cartel, on the other hand, wants to maintain control of production...which is why they killed Gus's first partner. In fact, most of seasons 3 and 4, and a good chunk of 2, of Breaking Bad are about this conflict, and Walter White's role as a pawn in it.)

Set against that major plot...does it make much sense that Hector ends up in a wheelchair, and Mike with Fring, because the extra-cautious Mike blows a shot at Hector, and the extra-cautious Fring excuses Mike's bad judgement and hires him on? Or is it going to be a far richer development?

I dunno. It'll be innaresting to see. But (IMO) there has to be a significant trauma that Chuck experiences that damages his psyche. And something makes Jimmy end up totally devoted to Chuck's care - until he finally has enough of being treated like dirt and bolts. Maybe Chuck does just slip into becoming EM sensitive on his own and his wife takes a hike. That scenario would likely have to play out over time and this setting seems to be in too short a time frame for her to get fed up with his condition and go off in a huff - never to be mentioned again in the show. What makes her unmentionable?

Agreed. Gilligan is far more clever a writer than I, and he has the advantage of knowing the plot line's development. The timeline of Gus and the Cartel is playing out simultaneously with Jimmy's evolution into Saul. I think that whatever Mike does next will cause Gus to take notice of him, whether that's cracking Hector's spine or not. What we do know is the cousins remain unharmed, Hector somehow becomes wheelchair bound - and mute, and we don't see Nacho in BB.

Is it Monday night yet?

I thought of a better angle on Hector & Mike.

Mike might be casing the diner for a hit. But he takes out Nacho instead of Hector. Maybe Hector gets put into the wheelchair by Nacho. Mike respects and fears what Hector will do to his family, and Nacho is certainly the easier one to take out - permanently. Maybe in gratitude for him taking out Nacho, Hector gets Mike a job with Gus.

I'm done speculatin'.

edit: 'cept I'm not. Don't think Mike would double cross a partner. It's not in his character. But he has made deals with both Nacho and Hector.

Edited by Nanker

The montage of Jimmy's plot to get fired dragged a bit, but moved the story in a needed direction (i.e., getting out of Davis & Main.

Disagree. I could go for another 2 hours of jimmy trying to get fired. The line about the water levels of the Sante Fe and not flushing was tremendous.