Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

yeah, i read an article that kind of hinted at that. I think his henchman will fill the void and Tuco will be heavily referenced, which is fine with me

....and like a magic trick....gone

(don't think we will see him anymore this season).

Yes. IIRC Mike killed a suspect. The guy was beating his wife, they released him on bail or something and then he went on to kill her. Mike I think then killed the guy when he found out he hilled her. He was then thrown off the force. IIRC.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So mike was a cop before he became this parking lot attendant, correct?

Do we know from BB why he was no longer a cop?

Loved these first two episodes....just brilliant so far

I could be wrong too...but wasn't it established somewhere during Breaking Bad, that Mike was a cop in Philadelphia?

Pretty good, but the over the top dumbassery by the skateboarders and the negotiations for broken leg over "Biznatch" were a little meh.

Knew the second the tape came off the skateboarders that Saul would be outed by them.

Gonna be a good show, skateboarders were just too unrealistic imo.

Pretty good, but the over the top dumbassery by the skateboarders and the negotiations for broken leg over "Biznatch" were a little meh.

I loved the ending of episode one when Tuco goes bezerk and it ends with him saying Biznatch as he swings grandma's cane at Beavis & Butthead

Great first two episodes. I'm a little surprised by Saul's sense of morality. I guess Breaking Bad left me thinking that he was your stereotypical "do anything for a buck" lawyer. Something has to break him bad. Maybe its this angle with the firm that his brother works/worked at.

Interesting foreshadowing, too, at the opening with him working at the Cinnabon spot. If I remember correctly that was alluded to in BB which would mean that scene is post Heisenberg (I believe that in the final season of BB that is where Saul said that he wanted to disappear to). If Vince Gilligan's linear story-telling convention holds true to form, we will see that Cinnabon circumstance materialize by the end of this season. Which would mean subsequent seasons would be post Heisenberg and this season would have to tackle a marathon amount of issues and comprise a few years.

Not sure how that will work.

Great first two episodes. I'm a little surprised by Saul's sense of morality. I guess Breaking Bad left me thinking that he was your stereotypical "do anything for a buck" lawyer. Something has to break him bad. Maybe its this angle with the firm that his brother works/worked at.

Interesting foreshadowing, too, at the opening with him working at the Cinnabon spot. If I remember correctly that was alluded to in BB which would mean that scene is post Heisenberg (I believe that in the final season of BB that is where Saul said that he wanted to disappear to). If Vince Gilligan's linear story-telling convention holds true to form, we will see that Cinnabon circumstance materialize by the end of this season. Which would mean subsequent seasons would be post Heisenberg and this season would have to tackle a marathon amount of issues and comprise a few years.

Not sure how that will work.

I highly doubt this. They are developing critical characters like Mike really slowly so I don't think it is even possible. However, if this show did ever develop like that I would be very disappointed.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I highly doubt this. They are developing critical characters like Mike really slowly so I don't think it is even possible. However, if this show did ever develop like that I would be very disappointed.

I agree. I don't think it's possible.

But you have to admit that Vince has a story telling convention that, at least if we take BB as the example, suggests that the world/circumstance that he gave us a glimpse into at the beginning of the season would materialize by the end of that same season. In all the BB seasons, that's how it worked.

Now obviously he is not constrained to that formula. I just found it interesting because that was the format that he used so successfully before.

Edited by Juror#8

I think:

Either that was just a glimpse into Saul 2015... or 2011. And that is all we see/need to see. He is constantly wondering if his past is going to show up and end him... while also missing the glory days.

or

We will continue that story in the last season whenever that is. He will get capped, talk his way out, or off himself.

or

We will see snippets of that timeline at various points throughout, painting a clearer picture.

Really though, there arent many places that story can go.

I think:

Either that was just a glimpse into Saul 2015... or 2011. And that is all we see/need to see. He is constantly wondering if his past is going to show up and end him... while also missing the glory days.

or

We will continue that story in the last season whenever that is. He will get capped, talk his way out, or off himself.

or

We will see snippets of that timeline at various points throughout, painting a clearer picture.

Really though, there arent many places that story can go.

Hmmmmmmmm some interesting points you make. I'm nterested to see how it plays out.

Edited by Juror#8