Attn Breaking Bad Fans: Better Call Saul begins Sun 2/8 10pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they didnt shy away from Breaking Bad at all....

spoilers:

1st season was obviously the result of a call for vacuum repair and also a play on making meth (making cinnabons)

Same diner where Hank tried to flip Skyler

Same nail salon Saul later tries to get Jessie to buy for laundering

Mike

Tuco

Who knows whatever other easter eggs may be laid about only the true nerds will pick up on.

I love that opening scene. Its like BB in its heavy mystery. He was in Omaha, working at Cinnabon. Lived in a nice place. Still waiting for someone to kill him... paranoid his identity would be revealed (by drawing the blinds to watch the commercials)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Saul called the guy that makes people disappear, didn't he say that was going to Nebraska to manage a Cinnabon in Omaha or something like that?

Edited by Mark80

I was hooked by the opening scenes. Nobody does an opening like Gilligan. The future is black and white and the past is in color? It's rare that a spin off can stand on its own, but 'BCS' has producers, writers, directors, cast, etc. that by now can complete each other's sentences. When I think of the creative possibilities that engenders, I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. I can't recall a spinoff that garnered such positive reviews by the critics. This show has the chops all by itself. I predict that at the end of its run, 'Better Call Saul' will stand in the top three all time, and two of them will have been created by Vince Gilligan.

I was hooked by the opening scenes. Nobody does an opening like Gilligan. The future is black and white and the past is in color? It's rare that a spin off can stand on its own, but 'BCS' has producers, writers, directors, cast, etc. that by now can complete each other's sentences. When I think of the creative possibilities that engenders, I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. I can't recall a spinoff that garnered such positive reviews by the critics. This show has the chops all by itself. I predict that at the end of its run, 'Better Call Saul' will stand in the top three all time, and two of them will have been created by Vince Gilligan.

Agreed 100%

I also see many Emmy and Golden Globes for Bob Odenkirk

CBF

CBF

Calm...but still just as psychopathic. That's scarier than an unhinged psychopath.

true and makes for great TV. I have high hopes for this series but still hope someday they make another series with Walter White.

The viewers were up because many like me only began watching after the show was over. I watched the first two or three episodes thinking this is going to be a great great show but never really been in to watching series.

I watched the whole show in a month on Netflix and gotta say I wouldn't have stuck with it in regular seasonal fashion as the the first two years were ok but season 3 when Gus was introduced it became spectacular. When Walter implicated his brother in law Hank, a DEA agent, in the scandal was probably the must shocking double crossing scene in cinema.

I watched the whole show in a month on Netflix and gotta say I wouldn't have stuck with it in regular seasonal fashion as the the first two years were ok but season 3 when Gus was introduced it became spectacular. .

I was the same way with Breaking Bad. Saw the first couple episodes in Season 1 and was like meh. Then before Season 3 started AMC was running a Breaking Bad Marathon which I caught near the end of Season 2 that piqued my interest. Started watching regularly during Season 3 and was hooked

Tuco Salamanca is back

....and like a magic trick....gone

(don't think we will see him anymore this season).

So mike was a cop before he became this parking lot attendant, correct?

Do we know from BB why he was no longer a cop?

Loved these first two episodes....just brilliant so far

Yes. IIRC Mike killed a suspect. The guy was beating his wife (not mikes, his own), he was arrested and they released him on bail or something and then he went on to kill her. Mike I think then killed the guy when he found out. He was then thrown off the force. IIRC.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever