Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

All avenues are depressing. Teams don't give up on Qbs they have hope for.

Bring in a Locker type, have a fair competition with EJ, and hope one steps up. Both have talent and are still young.

with a guy like Locker, there could be some hope that because he was not drafted by the current HC, they are not interested in giving him an extension and he wants his own guy. I think he's a decent option. None are great.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with a guy like Locker, there could be some hope that because he was not drafted by the current HC, they are not interested in giving him an extension and he wants his own guy. I think he's a decent option. None are great.

I liked Locker coming out of college. He has a lot of the same problems as EJ. Plus, he made be made out of glass.

But I'd rather have him than a guy like Sanchez.

Jake Locker is the guy I want most because he has the most upside. Matt Moore is the guy we need most because he is the ideal backup outside of maybe Fitzpatrick and Hoyer (not sure I want Hoyer right now because I think his head is spinning and I think Moore is better).

If Manuel and Locker can be our future, we'll get a solid backup out of one of them and perhaps a starter if we get lucky. The other will eventually fall off. Moore can be our guy that Fitz should have been for a few years here. I still wish we had him.

It would not surprise me if we somehow got Ben Roethlisberger or Manning. Pittsburgh would be crazy to trade Big Ben, but I think Manuel, 2016 1st and a 2015 3rd might be enough. They are surprisingly in a rebuilding state and a lot of people do not realize it.

edit. hmmph, I would be happy with a Roethlisberger/Locker duo.

Edited by jboyst62

To me Matt Moore would the perfect option, great backup and has been a decent starter when he has started. After that I guess Mallett or Locker, since they are both kinda unproven. Sanchez and McCown should the last, sesperate options

I don't see a McCown signing as the end of the line. I think it would be an early safety net in case something better doesn't come along.

Agreed. If he comes in, I'd hope they get at least another FA to compete and cut one in camp.

BTW, I don't get the infatuation some have for Mallett. He has a strong arm but he's a complete statue and not tailored in the least for Roman's system. Plus, NE* did nothing to try and retain him. In a word, he's a stiff. But, then again, that describes most of the options out there.

• 3 weeks later...