Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably an upgrade over EJ but this guy isn't the answer. There are 15 QBs at least floating around the league who fall into the Glennon mold.

You know, the guys with prototypical size, big arm, blah blah blah.

The problem is they can't play QB at the NFL level.

I don't really see how believing your 1st rd QB who had to learn the game under an incompetent HC (in regards to offense) should get a chance to play, should really be described as a "crusade"

You do realize that EJ is not a "1st round QB" right? I mean, sure, the Bills thought so and drafted him as such...but that doesn't make it so.

I mean, I could call you NDSCOTTISH1968. That doesn't make it your username.

By the way, EJ's failings to not begin the moment he became a Bill. He was never much at Florida State too. Ask the FSU faithful if they agree with me.

This would make the Bills GREAT contenders. Glennon is one heck of a good young QB. He can make every throw and being a pocket passer, this decreases the risk of having another injury prone QB. He has zip on the ball. If this pans out, my fellow Buffalo Bills fans, get ready for one exciting year of football!

This would make the Bills GREAT contenders. Glennon is one heck of a good young QB. He can make every throw and being a pocket passer, this decreases the risk of having another injury prone QB. He has zip on the ball. If this pans out, my fellow Buffalo Bills fans, get ready for one exciting year of football!

Check out this video. Keep in mind every place he's ever been, every person he's met, and every meal he's ever eaten is "THE GREATEST" as far as Jon Gruden is concerned.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the video.

I hear you man. I will predict - and actually believe - we will be playoff bound if we land Glennon. Thought I was close to the only one who felt this way. I've been with impressed with Glennon's performance thus far. But I'm just some guy on an online forum.

I hear you man. I will predict - and actually believe - we will be playoff bound if we land Glennon. Thought I was close to the only one who felt this way. I've been with impressed with Glennon's performance thus far. But I'm just some guy on an online forum.

I am with you 100% on Glennon. Let's keep in mind the Bucs offensive line was atrocious and he still had a rookie of the month nomination. The main reason why I would believe the Bills would be great contenders with him is that it is full knowledge that the Bills are focused on two main things for the offense.

#1 Ground and pound.

#2 Beefing up the offensive line which they already started doing.

Ground and pound affords a QB like Glennon to be in a situation where the pressure isn't solely on him to produce. It keeps the defense guessing and with such a HUGE variation in the attack, it leaves defenses vulnerable (meaning defenses will have to be on their toes for a long accurate pass or an explosive run). We didn't have this the last few years as we have had subpar quarterbacking which led defenses to just worry about short yard gains. Defenses were rarely surprised and as a result we had one of the worst offenses in the league.

#2 Now with Incognito as a guard along with another good guy coming in, we would have quite a weapon at our disposal that is stellar in the pocket and when factoring in extra time with good guards he only is better.

If the Bills manage to draft a 6'7 TE in the draft, have Watkins, Woods, Hogan, and Fred Jackson I could see this offense becoming SCARY good.

And for your information fellow posters, I am not one of those fans that just analyzes the next year in a untruthful manner simply because I am loyal to my team. I assess my team honestly and then always hope for the best. I said it last year that the Bills had no chance with Manuel and Orton along with a guy in charge that punts on 4th and 1 on their 40.

I truly believe if the Bills got Glennon, an oversized TE, and one more guard, this team would be REAL competitors.

It's just that he looks like an aardvark/giraffe. I admit this should not be a factor.

LOL - but in all seriousness, it IS a factor. A "giraffe" like tallness allows him the ability to see over tall defenders to read that field more efficiently.

I really hope they are going to take Bo Levi Mitchell. He is young, successful, and the best chance out of all the QB prospects to be a franchise QB. That decision would make me really have confidence in the upcoming season. Think if they take him and he turns out to be an all-star he could be with the bills at least 11 years.

That would require Calgary to release him...he just cannot bolt for the NFL. However, many CFL teams are releasing players to give them their shot if they want it.

You have to admit, he was great in Napoleon Dynamite.

LOL.

He is a bit of a mouth breather and his synapses seem slow to fire, but I do like what he said about zipping the ball into coverage.

If you can put the ball where you want it with zip and accuracy, there is no such thing as "covered".

He's right about that.