Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

Rubes

The most recent portion of this thread = the triumph of hope over experience.

If they do get Griffin, I sure hope my pessimism proves to be ill-founded. My concern is that QBs aren't RBs or LBs. I just don't see a Marshawn or Roland McClain-type outcome.

You are dead on about hope over experience. Griffin is not the same player he was as a rookie. He blew out his knee and he isn't as fast as he once was. This was a big part of his game i.e. a true run threat which is no longer part of his game. Defenses have adjusted and keep him in front and force him to throw. Griffin is not your typical pocket qb and he doesn't have that skill set. He takes too many hits and is injury prone. IMO this would be a bad trade for the Bills.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Pittsburgh needs to rebuild, I seriously doubt they let Roethlisberger go without the QB of the future already in place. The Steelers have been good about having players in the pipe line to replace players they let walk away in FA.

That said, if your scenario played out, I believe you are giving up too much. It would probably be a combo of players and picks, but not three picks in the top 3 rounds for a 30 something QB.

Rebuild? Pittsburgh is looking like contenders. There Offense is top notch and the Defense needs some adjustments but they have some young pieces. If Pitt trades Big Ben I would be in big shock!

Rebuild? Pittsburgh is looking like contenders. There Offense is top notch and the Defense needs some adjustments but they have some young pieces. If Pitt trades Big Ben I would be in big shock!

they are contenders but they are rebuilding their D. I don't see them trading him either though.

Sounds promising. You need to bring in a good backup if you sign Bradford though, since he will get hurt.

He's had 2 tough-luck knee injuries in the past 2 seasons...prior to that, he started 16 games in 2 of his first 3 seasons.

The injury stigma is definitely all over him; I just think it's over-stated.

He's had 2 tough-luck knee injuries in the past 2 seasons...prior to that, he started 16 games in 2 of his first 3 seasons.

The injury stigma is definitely all over him; I just think it's over-stated.

Interesting. He actually broke his collarbone one time, but I did some googling and here's an article that speaks to the substance of your point.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/is-rams-qb-sam-bradford-injury-prone-or-a-victim-of-bad-luck--why-the-answer-may-surprise-you---225739976.html

28 pages for an ultra obtuse K.Massare tweet. If I'm that dude, I'm flying a mission accomplished banner on my aircraft carrier. Wake me up on March 10th.

Wait a minute. I can tell you from first hand experience that aircraft carriers are difficult to buy. There is all sorts of crazy paperwork and that assumes you have the money. How the heck did Massare pull that one off?

On a side note they are also really difficult to display in your back yard. Make sure you get the right guy to build pedestals THE FIRST TIME. I trusted Beerboy which was pretty stupid I admit and the whole thing tipped over, sank into the lawn, smushed my sprinkler system and the clam chowder simmering in the galley spilled everywhere. All of that was nothing compared to the contraptions I had to bring in to lift it once the good pedestals got built.

Interesting. He actually broke his collarbone one time, but I did some googling and here's an article that speaks to the substance of your point.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/is-rams-qb-sam-bradford-injury-prone-or-a-victim-of-bad-luck--why-the-answer-may-surprise-you---225739976.html

"Granted, one ACL tear makes an athlete more likely to suffer another one – both in the same leg and in the other. But that doesn't get a player to "injury prone."

After this article was written, Bradford again tore his ACL and was out for the rest of yet another seaon. He's injury prone. He's played only 2 full seasons out of five.

TO compare him to Manning (an NFL ironman, despite the neck inuries) or Brady (who played every game sicne he started before and after his only significant injury) is ridiculous for many reason--but injury history is ceratinly one.

Edited by Mr. WEO

"Granted, one ACL tear makes an athlete more likely to suffer another one – both in the same leg and in the other. But that doesn't get a player to "injury prone."

After this article was written, Bradford again tore his ACL and was out for the rest of yet another seaon. He's injury prone.

TO compare him to Manning (an NFL ironman, despite the neck inuries) or Brady (who played every game sicne he started before and after his only significant injury) is ridiculous for many reason--but injury history is ceratinly one.

No...the article was written after Bradford's ACL tear last pre-season.