Patriots on the Brink of History

5 Super Bowl loses, the topic no one is talking about. The sports media is in a love fest with Brady and the Patriots greatness, drooling all over themselves to be the sports version of rock band groupies. Yet the Patriots are on the verge of being the most losing team in NFL history. So if New England loses how long before the 5 loss headlines appear?

5 Super Bowl loses, the topic no one is talking about. The sports media is in a love fest with Brady and the Patriots greatness, drooling all over themselves to be the sports version of rock band groupies. Yet the Patriots are on the verge of being the most losing team in NFL history. So if New England loses how long before the 5 loss headlines appear?

You seem to be forgetting that the Patriots have also won THREE Superbowls and may well win FOUR today.

Multiple losses is more of a story when they are not combined with any wins.

yeah, the past 15 years haven't occurred.

Outside of the media, a lot of people don't give the cheats** the same credit that they would of to a team that did not cheat(90s - Cowboys, 80s - 49ers). Some give no credit at all. Do you really win anything, if there are enough people who question weather you deserve it in the first place.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Outside of the media, a lot of people don't give the cheats** the same credit that they would of to a team that did not cheat(90s - Cowboys, 80s - 49ers). Some give no credit at all. Do you really win anything, if there are enough people who question weather you deserve it in the first place.

lets ask a taint*riots fan how they feel about the wins.

The Broncos have lost 5 Super Bowls and have 3 of the 5 biggest blowout lossses in Super Bowl history.

- Not defending the Patriots....should I even have to say that? Just saying, history was made last year. A repeat will be fine!!

Edited by santoro770

lets ask a taint*riots fan how they feel about the wins.

But in the end they may be the only ones giving credit to the team. So, if that happens did they really win anything. One of my closest friends is a cheats** fan, and he has even said that in the end the team and the fans maybe the only people who give the team credit for the last 15 years.

But in the end they may be the only ones giving credit to the team. So, if that happens did they really win anything. One of my closest friends is a cheats** fan, and he has even said that in the end the team and the fans maybe the only people who give the team credit for the last 15 years.

you're wrong, they get more than their fair share of accolades and that would only increase with another win. Fans of opposing teams are the only ones questioning their run.

But, let's for a second assume that you are correct...what difference does it make? They have the titles, they have the trophies. What do the fans of the Buffalo Bills have?

You seem to be forgetting that the Patriots have also won THREE Superbowls and may well win FOUR today.

Multiple losses is more of a story when they are not combined with any wins.

so 3-5 in superbowls. That would project to 6-10. By those metrics, the past 15 years have been success for bikls

This is such a strech. No matter how much we hate them, NE is the most successful franchise in the last 15 years and I believe the most impressive in NFL history. Win or lose today, what they did in the cap era is absolutely mind boggling. Having said that, a 5th loss in the SB would make me feel much better ! If they win, it only adds to their resume. Brady best ever, BB best ever blah, blah, blah.

The three wins are asterisked. Hoping to see 5L today.

Spygate happened in 2006. Those SB were legit despite what we would like to think.

However, stepping back just a bit, you have to be it it to lose it; and being that losing the SB makes a team "first loser," imagine (Well, we don't have to imagine, do we.) the pain of being about the twentieth loser for Oh so long....

This is such a strech. No matter how much we hate them, NE is the most successful franchise in the last 15 years and I believe the most impressive in NFL history. Win or lose today, what they did in the cap era is absolutely mind boggling. Having said that, a 5th loss in the SB would make me feel much better ! If they win, it only adds to their resume. Brady best ever, BB best ever blah, blah, blah.

Spygate happened in 2006. Those SB were legit despite what we would like to think.

Not sure that you were paying attention, but the Spygate taping was done over many years, including their SB years--as you may recall, there was even taping of the Eagles during the same year they played them in the SB

There I fixed it for you.

Yes they could be the team with the most loses, but you have to get there to lose them. Do you somehow derive that this means they are a terrible team are a terribly run organization. Statistics like this are about as insightful as someone predicting it will .likely snow again in western NY in 2015. Absolutely true, but meaningless!

Your talking dream scenarios. I'm presenting stupid meaningless facts.

I'm not going to argue about whether their wins are astericked because I don't care, but one of the main points in the Spygate scandal was that they had videotaped the Rams' practice before the 2002 Super Bowl. If they did it for one game why wouldn't they do it for the other two?

you're wrong, they get more than their fair share of accolades and that would only increase with another win. Fans of opposing teams are the only ones questioning their run.

But, let's for a second assume that you are correct...what difference does it make? They have the titles, they have the trophies. What do the fans of the Buffalo Bills have?

Well let's for a second assume that you are correct, so 3% of the NFL fan base will acknowledge this team and 97% won't, so how will they be remembered? As far as me being wrong, I did start this out with outside the media. They do have many titles and trophies I'm not arguing that, it's just most people who follow the NFL don't give them anywhere near the credit. It's like the age old question if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it make a noise. If you win 3-4 titles and no one acknowledges it do you win anything.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

I'm not going to argue about whether their wins are astericked because I don't care, but one of the main points in the Spygate scandal was that they had videotaped the Rams' practice before the 2002 Super Bowl. If they did it for one game why wouldn't they do it for the other two?

My understanding is that it was legal before 2006 when the NFL sent a memo to all teams regarding the positioning of cameras. I might be wrong however. Was the Rams thing just a rumor or was it proven? Either way, I hate them but they are simply a solid team. Can't wait 'til Brady leaves.

Well let's for a second assume that you are correct, so 3% of the NFL fan base will acknowledge this team and 97% won't, so how will they be remembered? As far as me being wrong, I did start this out with outside the media. They do have many titles and trophies I'm not arguing that, it's just most people who follow the NFL don't give them anywhere near the credit. It's like the age old question if a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it make a noise. If you win 3-4 titles and no one acknowledges it do you win anything.

If the crux of you question is "do the taint*riots care whether the public acknowledged their greatness?" The answer is no, they could not care less.

This is the kind of thinking that pushes me to defend the Pats. I hate the Patriots, but this kind of grasping for straws is just sad. I can understand being angry about the way they have bent the rules (I don't like it, but I suspect most teams (even the Bills) get up to things that are outside the rules), but denying that the list of accomplishments is impressive is ridiculous.

Edited by HoF Watkins

This is the kind of thinking that pushes me to defend the Pats. I hate the Patriots, but this kind of grasping for straws is just sad. I can understand being angry about the way they have bent the rules (I don't like it, but I suspect most teams (even the Bills) get up to things that are outside the rules), but denying that the list of accomplishments isn't impressive is ridiculous.

I agree, because WHEN (not if) the Bills win the Super Bowl who wants to hear the "yeah butt" crap?

You must give credit to the winner if you want your team to get credit.

Amen to your post, brother. Especially your "drooling all over the Pats" part. My wife & I aren't even watching this Super Bowl. We hate both teams.

That's the thing about this game. It's like rooting for Stalin over Hitler. The fact that either team is going to win is just nauseating.

Does a vacated Super Bowl victory count as a loss? Because if goodell had any balls the Pats* would have three of those

That's the thing about this game. It's like rooting for Stalin over Hitler. The fact that either team is going to win is just nauseating.

Why do people dislike the Seahawks? I don't get it??

Does a vacated Super Bowl victory count as a loss? Because if goodell had any balls the Pats* would have three of those

Why do people dislike the Seahawks? I don't get it??

Cause Pete Carroll cheated at USC then got out of Dodge and let others take the fall. Cause they are arrogant. Sherman, who is otherwise an intelligent decent fellow becomes a real dick. And I hate their colors. Oh, and they aren't the Bills.