New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

To me, the weather dropping the temperature excuse is kind of dumb because this would have been an issue 1000 times before if that were the case.

That and it was 50 degrees during the game. And that the Colts balls don't seem to have deflated.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the Pats submitted lower (then 12.5) PSI balls to the officials and they a) allowed them to pass (as per Aaron Rodgers' note that he purposely over-inflates the balls in hope that the officials allow them) or b) failed to check them in the first place because of the apparently common nature to submit non spec balls. This would logically explain why the league is apparently upset, disappointed and distraught. In either case this is hardly worthy of a cheating claim.

If the league finds out that the Pats doctored the balls, after they were measured by the officials, then the Pats should be severely punished and, rightfully, labeled as cheaters.

So Howard was saying this morning Kraft might just fire Belichick over this...his" Brand" is just going to be destroyed ...Kraft said Belichek was a shmuck when Spygate did not provide much of an advantage, what is he with this stuff?

Be interesting to see how Kraft handles this

Edited by plenzmd1

It would be important to me because I want my son to grow to be a man of character. In this case the lack of character of the Patriots organization is already well known and documented, their character is not going to improve one way or the other.

I agree, but that was not the point. The point was that doing something illegally which has perhaps a very small impact on the outcome of a game is irrelevant. It's the intent behind the action that is important.

I suspect the Pats submitted lower (then 12.5) PSI balls to the officials and they a) allowed them to pass (as per Aaron Rodgers' note that he purposely over-inflates the balls in hope that the officials allow them) or b) failed to check them in the first place because of the apparently common nature to submit non spec balls. This would logically explain why the league is apparently upset, disappointed and distraught. In either case this is hardly worthy of a cheating claim.

If the league finds out that the Pats doctored the balls, after they were measured by the officials, then the Pats should be severely punished and, rightfully, labeled as cheaters.

If the officials didn't check them before I doubt they would have gone to the lengths they did unless it was a total coverup for their mistake. Not to mention that the "investigation" would have been over in five minutes. They gather both teams 12 balls and measured them all at halftime. The Colts 12 were fine, 11 of 12 Patriots were not.

So Howard was saying this morning Kraft might just fire Belichick over this...his" Brand" is just going to be destroyed ...Kraft said Belichek was a shmuck when Spygate did not provide much of an advantage, what is he with this stuff?

Be interesting to see how Kraft handles this

I seriously doubt he fires the guy, seriously doubt that. Belichek has made his "brand". I hope they do though so we can watch them all collapse.

Thanks again Yolo. Another interesting read.

Brad Johnson paid off NFL ball handlers to the tune of $7,500 to have all 100 game balls "doctored" (scuffed up as he didn't like new balls) prior to Superbowl 37.

In that Superbowl, both teams used the same common balls and they were controlled by the NFL throughout.

Johnson got to them before the game and had them scuff away.

That's a red herring story. The NFL allows game footballs to be scuffed up to QBs specifications prior to games.

I'm very skeptical of this story coming out so quickly. It seems like Johnson's nothing revelation of ball doctoring is being used as a smoke screen.

If Johnson's story is such a big deal then how do you explain this..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/24/sports/football/eli-mannings-footballs-are-months-in-making.html?_r=0

It's a well known practice that isn't against the rules.

What's really great is even though it had no outcome on the game, the team and Bellichick and Brady and Kraft will be ridiculed and tarnished and called cheaters and millions of fans won't recognize their legitimate accomplishments and the whole team and dynasty will wear one giant asterisk around it probably forever.

And they will deserve it because they brought it on themselves.

:blink::wacko:

That made no sense. Show me the math behind that.

And be granted a compensatory fourth for losing some free agent no one's ever heard of.

You are right! Sorry about that!

I went back and deleted my post and in fact posted it originally in error...I didn't intend to do so...it was a mistake....I realized "this makes no sense" and stopped typing mid-sentence.

:w00t:

PS: I tried to explain this in a PM to you but it says you can't receive them.

To me the best part is - Tommie Boy was totally in on this - and lied about it on the radio...and will have to answer all of it next week.

Apparently his girlie vag-hands can't toss a regular football!

The NFL is reviewing the Jets game to put a retroactive personal foul against Scott Chandler as new video confirms there was no actual snow being shoveled during his celebration, therefore said celebration was premeditated and choreographed. We will start next season with a 15 yard penalty and have all of our draft picks given to NE, since the league is clearly conspiring for them to win. #shovelgate.

The NFL is reviewing the Jets game to put a retroactive personal foul against Scott Chandler as new video confirms there was no actual snow being shoveled during his celebration, therefore said celebration was premeditated and choreographed. We will start next season with a 15 yard penalty and have all of our draft picks given to NE, since the league is clearly conspiring for them to win. #shovelgate.

Steve, why do you think this is not a story?