Patriots = Lance Armstrong

Casey D

The Patriots are more like Jose Canseco IN terms of their audacity in cheating.

True. But the consistent performances over the years defying all odds are eerily similar between LA and the Pats. I am not saying Pats dope, but when you do things that seem impossible to do over 15 years and then you see all this cheating, is there not even something more fundamental going on here?

It is starting to look like it. When something is too good to be true it probably is. What else do they do?

Might be a tad over the top regarding Armstrong. His fanbase was worldwide and had enormous numbers. But one thing is sure they will never ever own up to their cheating like Armstrong had too. I doubt Brady, any of them will ever lose a second of sleep when it is all said and done.

it starts at the top and it is not the hoody*. it is Kraft. And with the camera thing the league itself.

The difference is, people liked Lance and rooted heavily for him.

Right, but his acclaim and success were a total fraud. But for the cheating no one likely would have ever known who LA was. Did a washed up Cleveland coach and 6th round pick do what was needed to become famous. Would we have ever heard of them otherwise? Just asking?

Edited by Casey D

Right, but his acclaim and success were a total fraud. But for the cheating no one likely would have ever known who LA was. Did a washed up Cleveland coach and 6th round pick do what was needed to become famous. Would we have ever heard of them otherwise? Just asking?

On one hand, you can say that everyone competing against Lance during his years of domination in the TDF was equally cheating, and that is almost certainly correct. So then the playing field was back to being leveled again. It's just that Lance was still the best cyclist among many cheating cyclists, so he won all those Tours.

On the other hand, it is very interesting to note that you go nowhere in cycling without having "the motor" and Lance's VO2 Max was never a particularly impressive number by the standards of TDF winners and top cyclists.

Greg LeMond has talked about this a lot; he is a great, down to earth guy who truly loves the sport of cycling, and everyone in the sport seems to universally agree that LeMond never cheated in any way. He has a ton of integrity...and he had a HUGE natural motor. He was a freak in terms of his body's ability to process oxygen.

So maybe you do have to come back to saying Armstrong was just a cheat and without all the illegal help, he would have been further back in the pack.

Makes you wonder what else they have been doing in NE all these years. Seriously...if someone has been talking into Brady's helmet saying "LEFT" "RIGHT" "SEAM" or any other simple, fast command that can be easily processed to assure Brady find's the open guy or the best option on a given play...that is a HUGE advantage.

I can't believe no one is doing this in the NFL.

How anyone can still regard Belicheat and Brady as the best of the best is just incredible to me.

They cheated. They are still cheating. They would not have this success with out all this cheating.

You can deny that they still get the other teams signals and plays in advance. You can deny that, at home, they are not purposely messing with other teams communications (but they still are).

These guys are frauds plain and simple. Bernie Madoff. Enron. Barry Bonds. Mark McGuire. These losers are in the same boat

On one hand, you can say that everyone competing against Lance during his years of domination in the TDF was equally cheating, and that is almost certainly correct. So then the playing field was back to being leveled again. It's just that Lance was still the best cyclist among many cheating cyclists, so he won all those Tours.

On the other hand, it is very interesting to note that you go nowhere in cycling without having "the motor" and Lance's VO2 Max was never a particularly impressive number by the standards of TDF winners and top cyclists.

Greg LeMond has talked about this a lot; he is a great, down to earth guy who truly loves the sport of cycling, and everyone in the sport seems to universally agree that LeMond never cheated in any way. He has a ton of integrity...and he had a HUGE natural motor. He was a freak in terms of his body's ability to process oxygen.

So maybe you do have to come back to saying Armstrong was just a cheat and without all the illegal help, he would have been further back in the pack.

Makes you wonder what else they have been doing in NE all these years. Seriously...if someone has been talking into Brady's helmet saying "LEFT" "RIGHT" "SEAM" or any other simple, fast command that can be easily processed to assure Brady find's the open guy or the best option on a given play...that is a HUGE advantage.

I can't believe no one is doing this in the NFL.

Bradys helmet stays on. The offensive coach gets the illegal signal from the other teams defensive coach. He relays if its a blitz, if its man, if its zone, etc. He tells brady where the open guy will be or if they should audible. This has all been reported before.

Watching them play. It is obvious to me that this still happens. There is no way that the Pats ALWAYS call the right play to beat the other teams D. It does not happen like that for any other team across the entire NFL. They are cheating.

How anyone can still regard Belicheat and Brady as the best of the best is just incredible to me.

They cheated. They are still cheating. They would not have this success with out all this cheating.

You can deny that they still get the other teams signals and plays in advance. You can deny that, at home, they are not purposely messing with other teams communications (but they still are).

These guys are frauds plain and simple. Bernie Madoff. Enron. Barry Bonds. Mark McGuire. These losers are in the same boat

Bradys helmet stays on. The offensive coach gets the illegal signal from the other teams defensive coach. He relays if its a blitz, if its man, if its zone, etc. He tells brady where the open guy will be or if they should audible. This has all been reported before.

Watching them play. It is obvious to me that this still happens. There is no way that the Pats ALWAYS call the right play to beat the other teams D. It does not happen like that for any other team across the entire NFL. They are cheating.

As I posted in the other thread, if you want to play with a 10.5PSI ball on a cold day and also follow the rules, simply inflate the balls to 12.5PSI in a very warm room, have the refs inspect the balls and when the balls go outside in 30 degrees, you'll have yourself softer footballs after the air temp drop in the balls. That doesn't break any rule. Smart on their part if they did that and if that it what they wanted. I'll bet other teams do it too. A high school kid could figure this out. The NFL needs to change the rule or simply allow teams to uses balls inflated to whatever pressure they want outside of the kicking game.

i dont know if youve noticed.... but they dont always get it right. heck, for like a quarter of the season this board was convinced they were done. this now escalated from the balls being soft to them intercepting the other teams signals and relying them after their own should be shut off? and you are presenting the latter like its a widely known fact?

It is my opinion that this comes down to Bobby Kraft.

To save the integrity of his franchise, he needs to jettison the cancer known as Bill Belichick. This latest scandal will end up tarnishing KRAFT'S legacy. He is the businessman and has an employee who is ruining the reputation of his brand... over and over again.

As I posted in the other thread, if you want to play with a 10.5PSI ball on a cold day and also follow the rules, simply inflate the balls to 12.5PSI in a very warm room, have the refs inspect the balls and when the balls go outside in 30 degrees, you'll have yourself softer footballs after the air temp drop in the balls. That doesn't break any rule. Smart on their part if they did that and if that it what they wanted. I'll bet other teams do it too. A high school kid could figure this out. The NFL needs to change the rule or simply allow teams to uses balls inflated to whatever pressure they want outside of the kicking game.

I would hope the NFL accounts for the weather......?

Everyone wondering why the refs didn't notice the deflated balls. Isn't it obvious? They are accomplices! They allowed Pats to do just about anything in that game. No brainer calls like false starts were ignored, so of course they ignore the soft balls. The instant Colts intercepted, the cat was out of the bag.

Does anyone actually think Belichick's great defensive mind really held the high scoring Bills to 19 points in Super Bowl 25? That game launched his career. IMO he started taping a long time ago. I would not put anything past him. He will do ANYTHING to get an advantage.

And here's the thing, that view is supported by the simple logic that the Pats-- or anyone-- don't get caught every time they cheat, or they'd stop cheating. Like in baseball, if you are not successful stealing 75-80% of the time, you should stop stealing because it hurts you more than helps. So one must assume in the aggregate that cheating pays off overall for the Patriots, and when they get caught it is simply the cost of doing business-- or in this case cheating. It defies reason that they are only cheating when they get caught. It must be just the tip of the iceberg.

Does anyone actually think Belichick's great defensive mind really held the high scoring Bills to 19 points in Super Bowl 25? That game launched his career. IMO he started taping a long time ago. I would not put anything past him. He will do ANYTHING to get an advantage.

Agreed. There is not another coach in league history who has so many allegations of cheating against him.

Let's put that myth to rest (AGAIN)

Bills scored 19 points in 19 minutes of possession time. If there was another 15 seconds of game time, Bills likely win the game with 22 points.

Giants' D did not win that game. It was a brilliant offensive strategy by Ron Earhardt to keep the ball away and Walt Corey's inability to get the ball back.

Bills scored 19 points in 19 minutes of possession time. If there was another 15 seconds of game time, Bills likely win the game with 22 points.

Giants' D did not win that game. It was a brilliant offensive strategy by Ron Earhardt to keep the ball away and Walt Corey's inability to get the ball back.

Absolutely. Stop Mark Ingram, and the Bills probably win the game.

I disagree.... The Bills had to punt 6 times in that game. His defensive game plan was considered so successful it was placed in the HOF. The giants defense won that game. I totally disagree with your so called MYTH!!!

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/14/nfl-history-in-95-objects-bill-belichick-super-xxv-game-plan/

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

I disagree.... The Bills had to punt 6 times in that game. His defensive game plan was considered so successful it was placed in the HOF. The giants defense won that game. I totally disagree with your so called MYTH!!!

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/14/nfl-history-in-95-objects-bill-belichick-super-xxv-game-plan/

Giants had 16 3rd down tries and converted 9. Bills had 8 3rd down tries and converted 1. The Giants plan all along was to punish Bills WRs and to keep the ball away from Buffalo. Keeping the ball away worked better because Bills offense was still able to rack up 386 yards, despite 6 punts and 19 minutes of ToP.

Giants had 16 3rd down tries and converted 9. Bills had 8 3rd down tries and converted 1. The Giants plan all along was to punish Bills WRs and to keep the ball away from Buffalo. Keeping the ball away worked better because Bills offense was still able to rack up 386 yards, despite 6 punts and 19 minutes of ToP.

Thank you for proving my point. The Bills had plenty of possessions to win the game. The Giants defense won that game.

Thank you for proving my point. The Bills had plenty of possessions to win the game. The Giants defense won that game.

Bills had 9 possessions in that game and 56 offensive plays in 19 minutes vs Giants 8 possessions and 73 offensive plays in 41 minutes. The NFL average is about 12 possessions per team.

Bills had 9 possessions in that game and 56 offensive plays in 19 minutes vs Giants 8 possessions and 73 offensive plays in 41 minutes. The NFL average is about 12 possessions per team.

LOL So, You think the Bills going only 1 of 8 (12.5%) on 3rd down had absolutely nothing to do with their loss? That year, the Bills were only forced to punt on an average of 3 times a game. The NY Giants defense forced them to put 6 times.

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

The difference is that nearly all cyclists were dopers. It was both common and expected, in particular among the top teams with the best riders. It was as dirty a sport as there. Armstrong like the patriots was the biggest target but also the most arrogant, and therefore a target. Actually Armstrongs dismissive attitude, mainly to the media, was similar to Belichek. There's another point here... I would bet that most NFL home teams try anyway possible to get an edge and as suggested above, and I mentioned in another thread, inflating the balls to the lowest psi in a warm stadium room so they deflate slightly in the cold, if that's what your QB wants isn't cheating as much being smart while playing within the rules. If they somehow deflated them illegally, that's a different story.