Thurman at it again!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just had it - were they lying on the menu? It was a Wagyu beef burger. Is it really unavailable and if so what the hell was I eating? Just checked the menu and it said "tender ground, locally raised Wagyu"

i just had it - were they lying on the menu? It was a Wagyu beef burger. Is it really unavailable and if so what the hell was I eating? Just checked the menu and it said "tender ground, locally raised Wagyu"

It was soylent green..

except Waygu beef hasn't been available in this country for many, many years. Same with Kobe. Anyone who tells you they've had Kobe beef or Waygu beef since 2010 is full of it. :D

i

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2014/01/07/the-new-truth-about-kobe-beef-2/

Law changed on 2012, still very hard to come by but not impossible. So not everyone is full of it.

I'm getting to the point that I don't care about what Thurman tweets. His famous "It's on like a MOFO." And what ever happened? .......... <crickets>........

He uses it as a form of passive aggression. Kinda like, "I know something, but can't tell you" Look, I think we all recognize he's an insider and he probably does know a lot more than most. But, if you know something -- tell us. If you can't tell us, don't say anything.

How about this Thurman, "Say what you mean, and mean what you say!"

Actually, the "mofo" comment preceded Ralph Wilson effectively "retiring" as owner and giving (allegedly) all ownership power to Russ Brandon, which was a historic development within the context of the franchise and a pretty big "WTF" moment at the time.

I believe Wagyu has been crossed bred w/ angus, so it's a Kobe/Wagyu "style" beef. There is an American Wagyu Association that over sees who raises the cattle.

waygu is just the region of japan its fun

The us has not imported Japanese beef since 2010

Are the blackened scallops fair game ?

no thats seafood

So you can't just massage the cows here and call it Kobe? :)

if you massage the cows they let you call them anything you want.

ba da bum

It was soylent green..

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

If any thread justified the use of our "thread gone awry" zapper it's this one. For some reason I can't pull the trigger.

take the safety off fool !

i

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolmsted/2014/01/07/the-new-truth-about-kobe-beef-2/

Law changed on 2012, still very hard to come by but not impossible. So not everyone is full of it.

What a disappointing article. I have eaten Kobe - and other types of Wagyu - several times. Or at least I thought I had. I've had "American Kobe" and "American Wagyu" as well. Now I wonder if I've actually ever had real Kobe.