Pegulas, Rex, Whaley = Big Splashes Commeth

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This would be a feasible splash for me that they could afford...

Using that interactive cap tool and plugging in some guesstimates... if the Bills Make the following moves they would still have $8 mil in cap space to spend on draft picks.. fill in gaps on other departed Free Agents

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT:

- Release - Rivers , Spiller ( assuming he exercises option to stay)

FREE AGENTS:

DON'T PURSUE - Hughes, Spikes, Pears and anyone else who is FA not listed below

- Extend - Hogan ( $1.2 mil/year - 3 years)

Searcy ($1.5 mil/year - 3 years)

Thigpen ( $660K/ year - 3 years)

Easley ($660K/year - 3 years)

SIGN

Julius Thomas TE ( $8.5 mil/ year - 4 years)

Mike Iupati OG ( $5.5 mil/ year - 5 years)

Pernell McPhee OLB ( $5.5 mil/ year - 4 years)

Ryan Mallett QB ( $3 mil/ year - 3 years)

Edited by Bocephuz

This would be a feasible splash for me that they could afford...

Using that interactive cap tool and plugging in some guesstimates... if the Bills Make the following moves they would still have $8 mil in cap space to spend on draft picks.. fill in gaps on other departed Free Agents

PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT:

- Release - Rivers , Spiller ( assuming he exercises option to stay)

FREE AGENTS:

DON'T PURSUE - Hughes, Spikes, Pears and anyone else who is FA not listed below

- Extend - Hogan ( $1.2 mil/year - 3 years)

Searcy ($1.5 mil/year - 3 years)

Thigpen ( $660K/ year - 3 years)

Easley ($660K/year - 3 years)

SIGN

Julius Thomas TE ( $8.5 mil/ year - 4 years)

Mike Iupati OG ( $$5.5 mil/ year - 5 years)

Pernell McPhee OLB ( $5.5 mil/ year - 4 years)

Ryan Mallett QB ( $3 mil/ year - 3 years)

Lol at your capology. Levitre got 8.5 million, but iupati will only get 5.5

What do we need pernell for? And he will command much more. Thomas is an elite TE and will be paid accordingly. Pie in the sky

Edited by Pete

Whaley was taught by his Steelers mentor Bill Nunn(?) that if you believe in something, like a big splash, do it and never look back. It played a huge role in the Watkins trade and he immediately referred to it after the trade.

The Pegulas are down to earth people with 4 billion dollars and obviously like the big splashes.

On cannonball ability alone, Rex Ryan loves the big splash.

Another one could be coming this off season.

And if not, we can expect them as a regularity IMO during this tenure.

Granted, splashing big just to splash big is a terrible philosophy. So that is not a good idea. But I loved the first Whaley splash. I like the Rex hire splash.

Let's go get some snacks!!!

When Rex exhales it makes a big loud splash. Whether or not there is any consequence to it all is completely debatable and to be determined.

I dont love the hire.... But they could've done worse and maybe Rex is more determined than ever to make it to the top.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a Daniel Snyder situation where there is a big splash and we only later come to realize that it was caused by a giant turd hitting the toilet water.

Agreed and Kelly did mention it. But football is the sport where money doesn't buy you championships.

I think Whaley is still very high on EJ. After watching Sanchez be the sole reason the Jets weren't better because of turnovers, I can't imagine he is crazy about guys like Cutler or Sanchez. I think EJ will be the QB, they will sign a vet backup. They will spend money on the oline and build a power football team. They might go hard after a TE too (V. Davis or J. Thomas). Whaley wants a TE. JMO.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Ok, so I'm on this board as much as anyone, but I think I've missed a joke somewhere...who is Leroi?

Whoever he is he was absolutely in the know. He nailed everything correctly, when all of the national media had Rex going to Atlanta and Trestman as his OC. When the board went after him, me included, and asked for a link to his info, he said it came in a text from Whaley to him ( he later edited out that statement).

Then he posted this:

"This is just the tip of the iceberg.

The things I am hearing will literally blow your mind. (QB situation,Free Agency,'draft) it's all really amazing.

Are you prepared for the Pegula Bills?

Reborn...

Imo"

That, more than any national talking head speculation, has me very excited for the off-season.

In a nanosecond. Restructures are most often way better for the player with zero sacrifice. It's like your boss coming up to you and saying "Hey, would it be okay if we gave you most of your yearly salary now instead of when it's due? You get the same amount, you don't lose a penny, we just want to give it to you in cash now. Would that be okay with you?"

It's a bit more complicated with Mario though because his base salary jumps to $12 mil this year. The only way that they can make a cap friendly deal going forward would be to extend his deal. I think they sit tight on the contract this year and look to do something next year.

The things I am hearing will literally blow your mind. (QB situation,Free Agency,'draft) it's all really amazing.

Are you prepared for the Pegula Bills?

Reborn...

Imo"

That, more than any national talking head speculation, has me very excited for the off-season.

I'm liking the sounds of this. But can something "literally blow your mind"?