Pegulas, Rex, Whaley = Big Splashes Commeth

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just hope it doesn't turn into a Daniel Snyder situation where there is a big splash and we only later come to realize that it was caused by a giant turd hitting the toilet water.

Whaley is a better GM than anything Redskins have had

Just found this seemingly cool interactive salary cap thing.. haven't had a chance to play with it and check it's validity yet.. but thought I'd share the link http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills/

It looks like Mitch McConnell is on your avatar there. LOL

They want to win now and hiring Rex says that. Everyone knows it's not going to happen with a solid running game and game manager QB. Time to think big and bold.

Yet, there is a difference between being bold and then throwing caution to the wind.

L'audace, l'audace, toujours, l'audace!

Best salary cap tool I've seen:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2015/

Keep in mind that Buffalo has about $11M to roll over from 2014, so without any restructuring or cuts they'll have about $44M in cap space. If they cut Scott Chandler and Spiller opts out they'll save another $4.4M.

Tons and tons of cap room to make big things happen without touching Mario's deal. I say hold off and sign him to an extension after next season when they'll need to use other measures to create room.

One thing ought to be clear by now: the Pegulas do not go small.

They are trying to build Pegula Sports and Entertainment into a world-class, top notch organization that wins championships (plural).

It will take a little time with the Sabres but the Bills are pretty stacked in most places. Get a competent QB and upgrade the OL and they should win 11 games next season.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I still think that guys like Cutler, Bradford, or RG III are highly likely

Keep in mind that Cutler's dead money hit is very low after to cut if he doesnt work out

I'm with you John, I feel Cutler is our QB, the Shanahan thing (I think he was the early fav because of cutler) and then recently hearing reports that trestman was Ryan's choice...but oh wait, someone different ends up being the OC, could it be because Trestman and cutler didn't work?

I'm with you John, I feel Cutler is our QB, the Shanahan thing (I think he was the early fav because of cutler) and then recently hearing reports that trestman was Ryan's choice...but oh wait, someone different ends up being the OC, could it be because Trestman and cutler didn't work?

I think it had more to do with the situation. When those reports were coming out it looked like Ryan would be getting the Falcons job. Trestman runs a pass heavy attack with lots of formations and personnel groupings. A vet like Ryan could probably digest that pretty easily.

But now that Ryan has a job with the Bills with a dominant D and questionable QB play it makes more sense to go the Roman route. Run heavy, read option, play action. It's not going to light the world on fire but it's a much better fit for a young QB and plays to the strength of the team - defense.

Best salary cap tool I've seen:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2015/

I thought there was no dead money if a player (orton) retires.

Keep in mind that Buffalo has about $11M to roll over from 2014, so without any restructuring or cuts they'll have about $44M in cap space. If they cut Scott Chandler and Spiller opts out they'll save another $4.4M.

Tons and tons of cap room to make big things happen without touching Mario's deal. I say hold off and sign him to an extension after next season when they'll need to use other measures to create room.

I thought retired players didn't count as dead money.

Edited by frogger

One thing ought to be clear by now: the Pegulas do not go small.

They are trying to build Pegula Sports and Entertainment into a world-class, top notch organization that wins championships (plural).

It will take a little time with the Sabres but the Bills are pretty stacked in most places. Get a competent QB and upgrade the OL and they should win 11 games next season.

Yeah but...are they in over their heads?? Lol!