Could Peyton Manning possibly be available?

Tipster19

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

If Broncos and Peyton have a "mutual parting," what are his NFL options for 2015? The pros and cons of 8 destinations http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Gra

"1. The Bills.

Pros: Potential championship-caliber defense, receiver Sammy Watkins, Rex Ryan at coach, deep-pocketed ownership that seems to be committed to winning, passionate fan base.

Cons: Direct competition with the Patriots and Tom Brady, possibly multiple bad-weather home games."

Cons: Put your health in the hands of our offensive line. Retire or be retired? Hmmmm.

Manning might be able to get the Bills to the playoffs next season, but I'm not sure bringing him in would be a good idea. At most your getting 1-2 years out of him and I think that just postpones the inevitable. Pick a couple of FAs and a draft choice, add in Manuel and pick the best one after training camp. Yes the Bills need to win now but they really need to find a long term solution at QB. Bringing in Manning just takes resources away from finding that long term solution.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

If Broncos and Peyton have a "mutual parting," what are his NFL options for 2015? The pros and cons of 8 destinations http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Gra

"1. The Bills.

Pros: Potential championship-caliber defense, receiver Sammy Watkins, Rex Ryan at coach, deep-pocketed ownership that seems to be committed to winning, passionate fan base.

Cons: Direct competition with the Patriots and Tom Brady, possibly multiple bad-weather home games."

Whoa, was just coming to post this. #1?

We would be a playoff team, but it would most likely be a one and done kind of deal.

My biggest question would be, is he finally willing to play any kind of a mentor role? Cause him showing EJ how it's really done could be as valuable to me as him getting us to the playoffs for a year.

Edited by Captain Caveman

That is what Rex Ryan does. Puts the Bills on the map. I know it's just PFT. And ultimately the media means little here. But Manning would consider the Bills, and maybe right at or near the top of his list, because of Rex Ryan, with the Pegulas playing a big role in it.

Oh, and the Sammy Watkins trade.

If Rex isn't here, I think we are 6-7 on that list.

He is Peyton Freaking Manning. He looked "old" towards the end of the year and int he playoffs for sure but we now know he was injured for at least part of it. His team earned a first round bye. 2013 was maybe his best year ever and he started this year right where he left off from that. He only got bad at the end and you dont decline from old age in 4 months. He has at least another good year in him and this defense we have will only be together as is for 1-2 years. If Manning comes available we have to do whatever it takes. Windows in the NFL close extremely fast and we need to take advantage when we can. Passing on Manning for the "future" when nothing about the future is guaranteed would be a mistake. What is guaranteed is this defense being good next year and we are a good QB away from making a superbowl run, Manning can certainly be that QB. Make it happen.

If we are going to roll the dice on an injured QB with an unknown future, I'd much rather roll the dice on Bradford than Manning.

Agree with this! Jeez Manning looked crappy before the injury. People figured out he can't throw more than 10 yards with any authority. He now faces a crowded underneath-Not good!

Peyton in Buffalo for a year a or 2 would be pretty damn awesome. just get us over the hump till 2016 when we have a 1srt rd pick again.

Not to mention what EJ could learn from Peyton