Could Peyton Manning possibly be available?

Tipster19

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the coockoo back in the clock. He's either done or coming back to a loaded Denver team. He would never ever come to Buffalo.

I agree he wont come to Buffalo, but i think Manning is the type of guy to be loyal and either stay in Denver OR retire. He doesnt want to be like Favre and ruin his legacy by having too many teams. He's the like the Kelly/ Marino old school type and only reason he even left Indy was they had 1st overall pick and the surest QB since.... HIM! If Indy was drafting 12 or anyone for that matter outside of top 2, he would still be there.

If u look back when he went to Denver, and even for that matter look at Denver squad for next yr which will surely lose 1 of the Thomas's. We have a BETTER overall team than they do.

ANY RB CAN PRODUCE when teams have to prepare for Peyton. Freddy as our vet 3rd down back. Dixon as the hammer and either CJ/ Bryce or a mid round draft pick) can easily be the "cj anderson" role. When Peyton went to Denver, D. Thomas was NOT better than Sammy at that point. He played in a triple option in college and had that yr with Tebow where he did produce but again, was in a wacky O. Peyton made him what he is and groomed him into a top 5 WR. Same goes for Orange Julius. He may be a freak athlete, but it sure makes it alot easier to produce with Peyton as your QB and the other versatile weapons around him. Sammy could EASILY put up D. Thomas #'s if Peyton was our QB next yr. Woods could easily play the E. Sanders role in that offense and i think at this point in Welker career, Hogan is a BETTER slot guy and would be the Brandon Stockley option for Peyton. We dont have the ideal TE, but that can be found but Chandler would suffice and is good at seam routes anyway.

The key would would be fixing the OL. Dont forget, Denvers D was no where near as good as ours when Peyton signed there. Now, after having 2 yrs to build it... They got some good players on D but i'd still take our D without hesitation than Denver's D.

It WONT happen cuz Peyton just isnt that type of guy. He basically did a Joe Montana type move when he left for KC after being hurt and them already having Steve Young in place would played outstanding in his absense and couldnt keep both so they went with Young. Same with Manning... he knew he still had something left and proved he did. He may not have won a SB in Denver, but got them there last yr, and unlike late in yr, they looked like a front runner again this yr.

If he's ready to tie up the cleats or if he decides he wants to give it another shot. The only place we will try is Denver.

I think there’s a very good chance that #18 will end up calling it a career. The Broncos team he’ll be coming back to will play into his decision. They have 18 free agents this offseason including both of the Thomas’ and Orlando Franklin, who was arguably their best offensive lineman this year. With Peyton’s $19m on the books, how many of them can they resign or replace? There’s a lot of talk that their OC may be gone as well. I know a lot of people like to think it’s Peyton’s offense and he completely runs it but that’s just not true. The OC does in fact have a lot of control of that offense and calls the plays as well. I don’t know that Peyton will want to go through a transition period if he doesn’t think he can win it all.

Reports have just come out that Manning played the last portion of the season with torn quadriceps. The Bills should grab him if he is avaialble. He is better than any FA QB available (even at diminished ability), and would be in an offense with amble weapons. And who better for EJ to learn from than Manning?!?!

Yeah... I just think, if he plays next year, it will be in Denver. I think he has too much pride to just latch on to any team, just to keep playing. And, I think Elway likes him way too much to just out and out cut him.

There'a a thread / screen name in waiting for someone on the Broncos boards: "Cutting Payton With Dignity"

(though still doesn't have quite the same panache as "Cutting Drew With Dignity"..)

Edited by stevewin

The Bills should grab (name) if he is avaialble. (Name) is better than any FA QB available, even at diminished ability, and would be in an offense with ample weapons. And who better for (current crappy Bills QB) to learn from than (name)?!?!

Can we save this as a template for future posts. It would save time over typing it all out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

If Broncos and Peyton have a "mutual parting," what are his NFL options for 2015? The pros and cons of 8 destinations http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Gra

"1. The Bills.

Pros: Potential championship-caliber defense, receiver Sammy Watkins, Rex Ryan at coach, deep-pocketed ownership that seems to be committed to winning, passionate fan base.

Cons: Direct competition with the Patriots and Tom Brady, possibly multiple bad-weather home games."

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Denver has a lot of FAs so will be interesting to see if they can keep enough of the team together to make one more run next year. If so I'd expect Manning back. There's no way he'd go anywhere else for one last season.

Well into the double digits

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/denver-broncos/

Lets not forget to mention the coordinators being looked at as HC candidates.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

If Broncos and Peyton have a "mutual parting," what are his NFL options for 2015? The pros and cons of 8 destinations http://wp.me/p14QSB-9Gra

"1. The Bills.

Pros: Potential championship-caliber defense, receiver Sammy Watkins, Rex Ryan at coach, deep-pocketed ownership that seems to be committed to winning, passionate fan base.

Cons: Direct competition with the Patriots and Tom Brady, possibly multiple bad-weather home games."

so you're saying there's a chance?