Could Peyton Manning possibly be available?

Tipster19

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning is a true competitor. He wants to win. He also has a good head on his shoulders and will know when his physical limitations interfere with the success of his teammates. He won't let that happen; he will bow out when he knows he can no longer get the job done.

BUT - his physical limitations won't interfere with his mental toughness, intellect and competetive fire. That's why we should talk to him about being a QB coach with Rex's crew. EJ could be his own project. Pay him $3 million to work with EJ in the filmroom, on the field and offseason. I guarantee he will be coaching in the next five years. He can't just leave football at his age...he wants to win more Superbowls (as a coach).

It's like 2 totally different people wrote this post. The first, by someone with a well thought out view that makes sense, the 2nd, by well, to be polite.... someone without a well thought out view that makes absolutely no sense.

Interesting.

I'm not saying Peyton didn't have a disappointing game today...

But did anyone notice that the NFL's 3rd best defense this year didn't really bother showing up at home in a critical playoff game?

I have never been very impressed with Luck or Indy...and they both looked like giant killers today.

That loss in Denver was ugly, but it sure as heck doesn't all fall on the shoulders of poor Peyton Manning.

PS: Don't be surprised when New England dismantles Indy next week.

Manning is a smart guy. He's playing hurt. I bet it's the neck thing. He was playing like someone who didn't want to aggravate something that could have a long lasting effect. He has everything. He should walk away relatively healthy and get into coaching.

Selfishly, it would be amazing if he signed with the Bills, but for his sake - i hope he doesn't.

C

I saw a good portion of the 2nd half today and Manning just doesn't look good. He didn't have any zip on the ball and 10 yard passes looked like he labored. I believe that he wasn't healthy and hasn't been for quite some time now. Ever since the St Louis game in Week #11 Manning only had one 300+ yard (31 yds) game and that was against Cincinnati in Week #16. In both games the Broncos lost and had to pass so I take those 2 games' stats with a grain of salt. In the St Louis game he took some hard shots and I'm starting to think that either in that game or in the next week's game against the Dolphins he might of got injured. He hasn't played or looked the same since that time.

Manning is going to be 39 next year and will be owed 19M if he is on the roster. After today's game he was non committal about his future and stated that certain things could have a bearing on what he would want to do. If he is unwilling to restructure I wonder what the Broncos would do. That's an awful lot of money to pay an aging star QB, especially if there's a coaching change and a difference in philosophy.

IF, and that's a big if, he were to become available and isn't injured to where he couldn't perform adequately, I would to see Buffalo wrap him up. He would be perfect for what we would need and I believe that we would be a perfect fit for him. Expecting us to be a power run offense and a top 5 defense under Rex all Manning, with his cerebral ability, would have to do is be a smart field general who wouldn't have to throw the ball all over the place. Fortify our OL and Buffalo would be an ideal team for Manning, barring weather of course but I guess that you can't have everything. Furthermore, if EJ is ever going to make it as a QB then what better mentor to learn from than Manning?

Hopefully,

What we need to do (if we got him) is, sit him through training camp and the first month to rest his arm and then he will be fresh for the playoffs, we can get Sanchez to get us through the first month.

it's like a pitch count for QBs but unlike that stupid BB team that sat their star pitcher at the end of the season when they were in the playoff hunt (can't remember who), we would rest him at the beginning.

If Peyton can't take that team the distance, what will he do in Buffalo as he hits his 40s. The fat lady is warming up.

better than our ugly ducklings that will never be swans.

If Manning wants to play another year, and Denver let's him walk... Two big if's. He needs to go south or to a dome.

the baby was stillborn

Interesting.

I'm not saying Peyton didn't have a disappointing game today...

But did anyone notice that the NFL's 3rd best defense this year didn't really bother showing up at home in a critical playoff game?

I have never been very impressed with Luck or Indy...and they both looked like giant killers today.

That loss in Denver was ugly, but it sure as heck doesn't all fall on the shoulders of poor Peyton Manning.

PS: Don't be surprised when New England dismantles Indy next week.

Indy is gonna get destroyed. All I hope is if the Pats make it and win it all Bellicheat and Brady retire

He has a bad thigh, which hurts his throwing motion and therefore hurts his strength and accuracy. Plus I am sure there are still nerve issues from his neck injury. It's sad to see him go out like this...

Just like it was sad seeing Kelly carted off....

He couldn't hit on a thing over 10 yards. It was sad to watch. None of that on my team, please.

All we'd be doing is complaining about having a future HOFer on our team, giving it one last futile try.

Honestly, we could get the kind of game Manning had today out of Manuel -- and I should think, better. I'd rather see that and hope for improvement and learning from it than hope Peyton has one last run in him.

That one last run was last year, and his arm strength is shot.

Indy is gonna get destroyed. All I hope is if the Pats make it and win it all Bellicheat and Brady retire

He has a bad thigh, which hurts his throwing motion and therefore hurts his strength and accuracy. Plus I am sure there are still nerve issues from his neck injury. It's sad to see him go out like this...

Just like it was sad seeing Kelly carted off....

I don't know if I buy that. Luck might be able to bust through the Patriots' strategy. If anybody can, I'd bet on him.

The smart money is still on NE but I don't necessarily agree that the Colts will get destroyed.

IF, and that's a big if, he were to become available and isn't injured to where he couldn't perform adequately, I would to see Buffalo wrap him up. He would be perfect for what we would need and I believe that we would be a perfect fit for him. Expecting us to be a power run offense and a top 5 defense under Rex all Manning, with his cerebral ability, would have to do is be a smart field general who wouldn't have to throw the ball all over the place. Fortify our OL and Buffalo would be an ideal team for Manning, barring weather of course but I guess that you can't have everything. Furthermore, if EJ is ever going to make it as a QB then what better mentor to learn from than Manning?

The only capacity in which I would like Peyton if he were available (and interested) would be QB coach. That would be awesome.

As a QB, he resuscitated himself once. But now I think he is done.

I saw a good portion of the 2nd half today and Manning just doesn't look good. He didn't have any zip on the ball and 10 yard passes looked like he labored. I believe that he wasn't healthy and hasn't been for quite some time now. Ever since the St Louis game in Week #11 Manning only had one 300+ yard (31 yds) game and that was against Cincinnati in Week #16. In both games the Broncos lost and had to pass so I take those 2 games' stats with a grain of salt. In the St Louis game he took some hard shots and I'm starting to think that either in that game or in the next week's game against the Dolphins he might of got injured. He hasn't played or looked the same since that time.

Manning is going to be 39 next year and will be owed 19M if he is on the roster. After today's game he was non committal about his future and stated that certain things could have a bearing on what he would want to do. If he is unwilling to restructure I wonder what the Broncos would do. That's an awful lot of money to pay an aging star QB, especially if there's a coaching change and a difference in philosophy.

Available for what?

The only capacity in which I would like Peyton if he were available (and interested) would be QB coach. That would be awesome.

As a QB, he resuscitated himself once. But now I think he is done.

Professional football is a physically demanding sport and those demands can cut a person's lifespan significantly. Watching Peyton Manning over the last 5 or 6 weeks you can see a huge drop in his play. Sometimes it happens gradually and sometimes all at once. This is a case of the latter. 39 is not old but it is for football and usually the players still active at that age are punters and placekickers that don't get hit very often.

Can he come back next year and recover his abilities? Maybe, but he'd be wise to call it a career and not expose himself to the potential for any signifcant injury beyond what he already has suffered.

As for Denver they went 'all in' with the defense this year and that group didn't show up yesterday. And Manning didn't play well. All of which spells an exit from the playoffs.

My bet is New England vs. Seattle SB which would make a pretty good game..

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Most career playoff losses. 9 times one and done. He's great in the regular season but he doesn't have a track record of winning it all and that's all you would bring him in for at this point. Whatever is going on with him, it doesn't look good. And it wasn't just yesterday.