So is Mark Sanchez coming to Buffalo too?

sanchez  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Sanchez to come here?

2. 2. do you think he can manage our offense?

It just seems too perfect a setup. Sanchez had his ups and downs in Philly but I was impressed at the way he was slinging the ball. The exact opposite of ("Hi, I'm overly conservative Rob Lowe") Doug Marrone's offense. You don't think Sanchez would love to face the Jets twice a year playing for the coach who was his #1 supporter?

2014 stats:

9 games, 198/309, 64.1%, 2,418 yds. 7.83 avg. 14 TDs, 11 INTs, 58.2 QBR, 88.4 QB RAT.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Sanchez is a possibility but not the most likely scenario. He doesn't take care of the football. He can make some plays but he also makes some mistakes (kinda like Fitz was). The Bills QB situation will be worth keeping an eye on. I'm pretty positive that Rex wouldn't come to Buffalo if he didn't like their QB plan. That is what cost him with the Jets. He won't make that mistake again.

Top ten in both fumbles and interceptions every full season he has played. He played only 9 games this year and, had he continued on the same pace, would have finished in the top ten again in both interceptions and fumbles. I could live with it if he offset it with 30-40 TDs; however, he averaged 17 TDs for each of his four full seasons. No thanks.

Edited by billsfan1959

I think that Sanchez is a possibility but not the most likely scenario. He doesn't take care of the football. He can make some plays but he also makes some mistakes (kinda like Fitz was). The Bills QB situation will be worth keeping an eye on. I'm pretty positive that Rex wouldn't come to Buffalo if he didn't like their QB plan. That is what cost him with the Jets. He won't make that mistake again.

The Butt Fumble in Buffalo - like we need another low-light

Top ten in both fumbles and interceptions every full season he has played. He played only 9 games this year and, had he continued on the same pace, would have finished in the top ten again in both interceptions and fumbles. I could live with it if he offset it with 30-40 TDs; however, he averaged 17 TDs for each of his four full seasons. No thanks.

True, but isn't that a function of playing wide open? Didn't we just spend two years complaining the Bills and Marrone are too concerned with ball safety? Marrone basically cut Orton and EJ's nuts off to prevent turnovers. Maybe we should think differently about turnovers? In your end they are a disaster but downfield they are no worse than a punt.

The 5 year deal may be a nod to it taking a year or two to settle qb

This

True, but isn't that a function of playing wide open? Didn't we just spend two years complaining the Bills and Marrone are too concerned with ball safety? Marrone basically cut Orton and EJ's nuts off to prevent turnovers. Maybe we should think differently about turnovers? In your end they are a disaster but downfield they are no worse than a punt.

One could hardly call the offense he played in with the Jets "wide open," particularly his first few seasons. Maybe this year with Philly. It doesn't seem to matter what style of offense he plays in, he consistently turns the ball over. Again, if it happens in a wide open style where the QB is putting up a lot of points, I could live with it - but that isn't Sanchez.