So is Mark Sanchez coming to Buffalo too?

sanchez  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Sanchez to come here?

2. 2. do you think he can manage our offense?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted Sanchez before but for some reason I think Rex won't prefer to hitch his wagon to him again. Probably will go in a different direction.

I'm here witcha. I've been looking at the FA list and thinking Sanchez might be the best of a bad lot since under Chip Kelly he actually showed signs of QB competency.

Now that we have Rex, the "chemistry" with the coach who watched him disintegrate whilst tattooing his jersey on his arm would be strong and bad IMO

Edited by Hopeful

Why on earth would the niners get rid of Kap? Would they trade him even with the Chiefs for Smith? i do not even understand where the rumors come from.He had one crap year, his other three were stellar.

There were whispers that the coaching staff was higher on him than the FO. He just signed an enormous deal and if they could get a 1 & 2 for example they may take that. Again, I said it isn't likely.

There are only 2 or 3 better options out there, so unless the Bills are going to end up with Bradford or Foles or someone else I don't have a problem with Sanchez. Of course the hope would be that EJ takes a couple steps forward and reclaims the starting job.

Can he run our offense? What offense? We're starting that **** show from scratch.

There's no way Ryan hitches his wagon to Sanchez. Talk about a way to kill your career. Go get they guy you had before that you couldn't win with such that you go out and replace that guy with a draft pick that also sucks and a washed vet to back him up. LOL.

If this team is hitching it's wagon to EJ with hopes of success, there will be no circling. Not now, not ever. While I think EJ is a wonderful, upstanding young man, an NFL QB he is not. The one thing i respected Marrone on was his benching of a QB that was showing no signs of any ability at this level, and wasn't going to let him ruin his coaching career, like chan Gailey and so many other coaches in the past. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the front office brought sanchez here and Ryan packs up and walks.

If this team is hitching it's wagon to EJ with hopes of success, there will be no circling. Not now, not ever. While I think EJ is a wonderful, upstanding young man, an NFL QB he is not. The one thing i respected Marrone on was his benching of a QB that was showing no signs of any ability at this level, and wasn't going to let him ruin his coaching career, like chan Gailey and so many other coaches in the past. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the front office brought sanchez here and Ryan packs up and walks.

not happening

oops merged

yep

please EJ can't even make a pass at my wife

Bortles is 10x the QB ej is, you are just mad that you are wrong

Bortles' first 14 games: 58.5 completion %, 11 TDs, 17 INTs, 69.5 QB Rating

EJ's first 14 games: 58.6 Completion %, 16 TDs, 12 INTS, 78.5 QB Rating

I wouldn't say 10x greater...

I'm here witcha. I've been looking at the FA list and thinking Sanchez might be the best of a bad lot since under Chip Kelly he actually showed signs of QB competency.

Now that we have Rex, the "chemistry" with the coach who watched him disintegrate whilst tattooing his jersey on his arm would be strong and bad IMO

11 INTS and 7 Fumbles in 9 games in Philly, which would project out to 20 INTs and 12 Fumbles for 16 games. 20 INTs would have been the most and 12 Fumbles would have been the second most by a QB in the NFL this year. He also would have been projected to throw 25 TDs for 16 games which isn't bad; however, not enough to offset 20 INTs and 12 Fumbles (close to his average of 17 INTs and 14 Fumbles in each of his previous 4 seasons). IMO, that is not competent QB play.

try looking at accuracy and playing under pressure, stats don't mean jack, Bortles is a gamer EJ is not.

Ahh, the "stats don't mean jack" argument which comes out when every stat in the world proves you are wrong. I'm surprised you didn't go with "the eyeball test." That's a good one too.

True, but isn't that a function of playing wide open? Didn't we just spend two years complaining the Bills and Marrone are too concerned with ball safety? Marrone basically cut Orton and EJ's nuts off to prevent turnovers. Maybe we should think differently about turnovers? In your end they are a disaster but downfield they are no worse than a punt.

Actually, I used to have that viewpoint, but I've learned recently that correcting for starting yardage, the probability that the team receiving a turnover will score is higher than the probability of the team receiving the punt. Don't know why.