NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or did his big personality cause them to be star struck?

I guess we'll agree to disagree KTD...but it should be a fun few months, either way!

:beer: Yep. It's impossible to know for sure about any of this stuff. The only thing I'm truly sure of is I'm glad Marrone is gone and that Ryan + Roman >>>> Marrone and Hackett

I really thought we were gonna go for a O orientated HC.....but the fact is Rex Ryan can flat out coach...and was not in a good situation with the jets.

They are keeping Schwartz....we know that side will remain a strength

They are bringing in a EXPERIENCED OC......if the Niners dont have a down year then Roman isnt available to us.

I think the Bills have a lot more talent on offense. Seriously with two average guards, we were in the playoffs THIS year.

My sense is the model for the Bills to compete for the SB as soon as possible is the 2000 Ravens.

1. Superior D- For us we have 3 DL players judged Pro Bowl worthy by virtually everyone. your 4th DL player actually had double digit sacks = you resign Hughes if you can because his timing with FA status was great. You show him the $ because he earned it but the deal must be cap friendly for Bills or we say goodbye.

LB situation now looks good as Alonso recovers to join youngsters Bradham and Preston. Spikes you keep with him plying the Ray Lewis leadership role if you go 3-4

DB situation looks good with Gilmore finally showing good stats and showing how well he played when he went out and back-up Brooks got picked on. McKelvn also finally stepped up and Graham a good # 3. Robey is inconsistent but good in slot and # 4 CB. Resign Searcy and I love him, Williams, Williams and Rambo as 4 safeties.

2. Middlin O with EJ asked not to be Joe Montana but simply as good as failed former 1st rounder Dilfer.

3. Solid ST game.

We can do this but we need to avoid QB overdependence.

Well, I'm still hoping the Pegula's make a Bill Polian like hire to run the football side, and he fixes the offensive scouting dept. The only way this will all work out is if the Bills offensive scouts remove their heads from their backsides over the O line acquisitions.

dude, there is no "offensive scouting department." Where do you get this stuff?

No one knows if this hire will work, but for the first time the Bills targeted a top name coach and landed him. That fact alone should make us all happy. The days of settling and hoping for the best are over.

Why is he a "top name" coach? Because he coached the Jets (in the big New York City)? Are you a top name coach just because you actually were an NFL coach, because that's the only credentials I see. He had two good years and the other four his team sucked. Plus he came off with stupid outrageous comments for the press (before he had to shut up due to his teams sucktitude). This feels like a too hasty decision to me. Kubiak doesn't even get an interview? And before you blast me, I did not "want" Kubiak, I wanted a well deliberated thoughtful decision with all candidates being considered. This does not feel like that. Getting national "attention" from the media - yes we will get that. That does NOT make the team better.