Package Deal? (Mike & Kyle Shanahan)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two clowns ran the Redskins into the ground. If you think the Bills are dysfunctional just hire Mike and Kyle. They define dysfunctional.

Listening to talk radio every day on my commute was brutal as they documented how bad these two were in managing their duties.

LoL. That DC stint was terrible. But to say the Shany's ran the Skins into the groudn would mean ignoring the current Jay Gruden era. Or the ole ball coach era. Or the Jim Zorn era. Snyder is running that team into the ground.

Edited by purple haze

A source informed John Middlekauff of 957 The Game Bay Area that Mike Shanahan could be hired as the Bills' general manager with Browns OC Kyle Shanahan as head coach.

We're sorry, Bills fans. This would be brutal. Bills in-name GM Doug Whaley was reported to be leading the search for a new head coach, but it's now been revealed new owner Terry Pegula is conducting interviews. The Bills have requested interviews with as many as 13 head-coaching candidates. The Shanahan duo wouldn't be awful in a head coach-offensive coordinator tandem, but allowing them to make all personnel decisions would be taking a huge leap of faith.

I don't know who John Middlekauff is or if there is any possible truth to this, but I sure as hell hope not. Just seems like a terrible system

Edited by Derek in Va

I'm actually more concerned with the way Terry is inserting himself in the process. He's the owner, I get it. He should be there and a large part of the decision, but to have the idea that Whaley is "running" the interviews redacted is a little scary. Is Whaley there? Is Terry taking sole responsibility?

Remember this is the same guy that drives around the country scouting hockey players on his own. Sports franchises seem to be more of a personal play toy to the Pegula's at this point. It's entertainment for him, not a quest for a championship. These things don't have to be mutually exclusive, but in this case they are.

Things are really starting to get interesting.Im sure the Bills have multiple ideas/plans-at least I hope so. Reich/Schwartz is also plausible

I wasn't cool with Reich. But if given the choice of Shanashanahan or Reich/Schwartz I agree with you.

LoL. That DC stint was terrible. But to say the Shany's ran the Skins into the groudn would mean ignoring the current Jay Gruden era. Or the ole ball coach era. Or the Jim Zorn era. Snyder is running that team into the ground.

No. Snyder gave the reigns to Mikey. He made all the calls - including destroying the health of RG3 and keeping that clown Haslett. That was Mike's ship that ran into the iceberg.

I don't know who John Middlekauff is or if there is any possible truth to this, but I sure as hell hope not. Just seems like a terrible system

He's a sports talk show guy in Oakland (former NFL scout) and does the pre-game show for the Raiders. Seems a bit lightweight, actually...

I sure hope that they go another route than the Shanahans.

I lived in Colorado for ten years (1990's) and couldn't stand having to always see Shanny in the local media.

He always seemed like an arrogant prick.

(That being said... he sure coached some good teams back then, and has a $hitload of experience...)

(This also being said... I've been in New Zealand for almost 10 years now, so didn't see his stint in DC, which I hear was very bad.)