Incarcerated Bob Tweet - Marrone

This may be more about the Jets not losing their 1st due to tampering than them not wanting him. Either way, I would love to see Morone blackballed out of the NFL. He can go turn around some ****ty D1 school again, and in that I mean help them achieve mediocrity.

You may be on to something here. That was my thought when I heard he was no longer in consideration for the Jets - "Damn there goes our 1st round pick from them."

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Love this. Had my first chemo and radiation treatments today for tonsil cancer. Needed a good laugh. Thanks.

Good luck man, my brother went through the same treatment last year. Eating is going to become an issue, you will find that sweet things will be what tastes the best.

I don't wish D Marrone any ill will, but I don't want him coaching in the AFC East. Personnally, I don't get all the hate for the guy from Bills fans. We have no QB, there's new ownership in place, he had no long term job security, and Doug was most likely going to be fired. If not now than probably in 2015. He could face that uncertanity....OR get paid $4M to do nothing and maybe find a better situation. I don't blame Doug I blame Russ Brandon for writting that idiot cluase into the contract. This organization can't turn the corner with Russ Brandon in the president position.

Doug signed a contract, the Bills signed a contract, Doug wants more than the new owners will give, Doug exercises a clause in the contract, fair enough so far.

It's the stuff about how he called Polian and trashed the organization and didn't tell the players and like, was all signed up to be a hot prospect to the Jets 6 minutes after the news of his resignation broke and didn't bother to tell the players after team meeting family loyalty blah blah that has people in a snit and looking for dirt.

And lo and behold ain't we just finding it.

Gronkowski.

PFT says Falcons could be the spot for Sexy Rexy, even soon, especially because they just did the Rooney Rule farce. That's a good fit I think, and a decent choice for him and the Falcons. What it really means though, is that if Marrone doesn't get the Jet job, one of his prime possibilities is gone.

I have to think Gase is going to get a job. Bowles, too. Maybe Quinn. Probably Shanny.

Marrone, as Yolo so brilliantly pointed out, may soon see the CFL as his best choice, so he can punt on third down. :D

Doug signed a contract, the Bills signed a contract, Doug wants more than the new owners will give, Doug exercises a clause in the contract, fair enough so far.

It's the stuff about how he called Polian and trashed the organization and didn't tell the players and like, was all signed up to be a hot prospect to the Jets 6 minutes after the news of his resignation broke and didn't bother to tell the players after team meeting family loyalty blah blah that has people in a snit and looking for dirt.

And lo and behold ain't we just finding it.

Gronkowski.

or he opted out leaving his staff stuck in a contract that the Bills won't release them from until they hire a coach and he decides if he wants to keep anyone. At that point, it could be hard to find a job for some of them. Not too concerned about his family.

For the record, Incarcerated Bob retweeted my tweet (the second one about Mortreport is me) and then unretweeted it and posted his tweet about Marrone not getting the job and then re-retweeted my tweet. My tweet about Mort is his source.

this is proprietary language code for analytics.

I will be seriously disappointed if the Jets don't get stuck with him.

Take it for what it's worth but he usually has a pulse on the NY Jets.

Apparently Marrone is out as a HC candidate. Too funny if his evil little plan blows up in his face.

https://mobile.twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/552187287694737409

Now @mortreport is pretty much saying the same thing

https://mobile.twitter.com/DylanStebbins/status/552191319154909185

I thought ATL was the spot for Rex as soon as Smith was fired. All they've been talking about since we saw them on Hard Knocks was how they aren't "tough" enough.

Say what you want about Rex the Blowhard, he coaches tough teams. Also they have offense and need defense - he could do very well there.

PFT says Falcons could be the spot for Sexy Rexy, even soon, especially because they just did the Rooney Rule farce. That's a good fit I think, and a decent choice for him and the Falcons. What it really means though, is that if Marrone doesn't get the Jet job, one of his prime possibilities is gone.

I have to think Gase is going to get a job. Bowles, too. Maybe Quinn. Probably Shanny.

Marrone, as Yolo so brilliantly pointed out, may soon see the CFL as his best choice, so he can punt on third down. :D

"Sexy Rexy" is Rex Grossman.

You mean "Footsie Rexy."

Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy! if he misses out on a NFL job for next year, he will be forced back to collegiate football.

My preference for the Bills HC is Frank Reich, with him retaining Schwarz as the DC. Reich understands the game and the league and he knows offense, but more importantly, he is a people first guy who can lay out a strategic plan and get people to buy into it. That is what leadership is all about in the NFL.

Finally, he would be a great face for the organization: a coach and leader who can articulate his thoughts in simple, declarative sentences. I got so tired of hearing Marrone babble and struggl when he tried to answer the simplest of questions. it was embarrassing to listen to him represent the Bills.

For the record, Incarcerated Bob retweeted my tweet (the second one about Mortreport is me) and then unretweeted it and posted his tweet about Marrone not getting the job and then re-retweeted my tweet. My tweet about Mort is his source.

This does not surprise me.

or he opted out leaving his staff stuck in a contract that the Bills won't release them from until they hire a coach and he decides if he wants to keep anyone. At that point, it could be hard to find a job for some of them. Not too concerned about his family.

Should not be too concerned about coaches, they get paid whether they coach or not.

Doug in fact might get an offer to coach as assistant by one of the new head coaches he has connection with especially.

really i wouldnt be shocked to see him do the position coach/asst head coach route, before being a coordinator.

That's what Kevin Costner did when he quit as The Bills HC after taking them to 9-7.

What is it about that W/L record that makes coaches walk away? :unsure:

"Sexy Rexy" is Rex Grossman.

You mean "Footsie Rexy."

You tease him, but I've always admired Rex for not acting all that embarrassed by the episode. While he didn't verbalize what follows, his reaction basically seemed to be: "Yes, we're swinging foot fetishists. We love it, and I love her. What are you squares doing??"

Edited by dave mcbride

You tease him, but I've always admired Rex for not acting all that embarrassed by the episode. While he didn't verbalize what followshis reaction basically seemed to be: "Yes, and we're swinging foot fetishists. We love it, and I love her. What are you squares doing??"

I love Rex Ryan. If he goes to Atlanta he will be legendary.