2015 Schedule break down

boyst

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already thinking about planning a road trip to DC for the Skins' game (only 3.5 hours), and coming north for the home games vs. Dallas and Indy (at least).

I am thinking the same thing. Depending on when the game is, it's less then 6 hours away for me, about 4 1/2 or you. Get home before midnight is entirely doable.

Stay at Tom's, have Stojan drive us to the game and sit with all of our fellow Bills fans.

I am thinking the same thing. Depending on when the game is, it's less then 6 hours away for me, about 4 1/2 or you. Get home before midnight is entirely doable.

Stay at Tom's, have Stojan drive us to the game and sit with all of our fellow Bills fans.

I might be down for that. I live in Richmond. I could use a day out after this crappy year...

C53aESS.jpg

Hoping Bandit chimes in here, he knows these stats well and can explain what any of this might mean

Basically, DVOA is intending to show a combined value for offensive and defensive efficiency, normalized for the entire league (i.e. relative to the league average).

So a team with a 10% DVOA has a total combined offensive and defensive efficiency that is 10% better than the league average combined offensive and defensive efficiency. Positive numbers are good for offensive and ST DVOA, and are bad for defensive DVOA.

So, according to DVOA, we play some very good offenses in 2015 in NE, Dallas, and Miami. By contrast, we play only one very good defense in KC.

We also play some putrid offenses in Jax, Ten (who somehow lost the "-" sign in their offensive DVOA), Wash, and NYJ.

The lousy defenses we play are Wash and Ten (Miami should be 0.6%)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2014/final-2014-dvoa-ratings

Hope that's useful.

Basically, DVOA is intending to show a combined value for offensive and defensive efficiency, normalized for the entire league (i.e. relative to the league average).

So a team with a 10% DVOA has a total combined offensive and defensive efficiency that is 10% better than the league average combined offensive and defensive efficiency. Positive numbers are good for offensive and ST DVOA, and are bad for defensive DVOA.

So, according to DVOA, we play some very good offenses in 2015 in NE, Dallas, and Miami. By contrast, we play only one very good defense in KC.

We also play some putrid offenses in Jax, Ten (who somehow lost the "-" sign in their offensive DVOA), Wash, and NYJ.

The lousy defenses we play are Wash and Ten (Miami should be 0.6%)

http://www.footballo...14-dvoa-ratings

Hope that's useful.

Indeed it is. The mess up on Miami will stay, I kept having to fix the .6% because it would correct to 60%. Oh well.

Looking at the schedule our toughest games will be NE Patriots and the Cowboys.

The Cowboys run offense matched against our run D is a wash, but they are very effective in the pass and were perfect on the road. If this game is later in the season it can't do anything but help us. Our overall record against the Cowboys is a losing record and we have only one won game in the last 30 years against them in the Ralph - the same season we lost to them in the Super Bowl.

The Colts match up doesn't scare me much. They are not very good on the OL and we should be able to get to luck. They have turnovers, their offense is not that good and their D can be beat.

We face some very good special teams next year.

If I've learned one thing about the off season, it's that you can't look at next year's schedule and count wins.

I wanted to look at what we will be expecting. What kind of teams we expect and what they will do.

Wanted to see who might matter more in 2014: Hughes or spikes and Searcy. A qb or spiller or an old. Looking atwhat iI see pressuring the QB will be more important then anything to put the game on the run which we can stop. Looking at our QB against the pass d we will face I am fine with about any QBbecause it looks like time of possession and turnovers will matter most. So let's upgrade the OL. Find someone at QB. Keep our D intact.

Not counting wins. Just using metrics. Yep. Metrics.

Indeed it is. The mess up on Miami will stay, I kept having to fix the .6% because it would correct to 60%. Oh well.

The Cowboys run offense matched against our run D is a wash, but they are very effective in the pass and were perfect on the road. If this game is later in the season it can't do anything but help us. Our overall record against the Cowboys is a losing record and we have only one won game in the last 30 years against them in the Ralph - the same season we lost to them in the Super Bowl.

The Colts match up doesn't scare me much. They are not very good on the OL and we should be able to get to luck. They have turnovers, their offense is not that good and their D can be beat.

We face some very good special teams next year.

There's lots of turnover year to year with special teams...and also with home/road splits.

Dallas would be likely be an underdog if they played either Philly or KC on the road in week 1 fwiw.

Not to nit-pick, but our win was @ Dallas, with Kurt Schultz intercepting Aikman on the 1 yrd line. They were 0-2. Jerrah's famous lip-fart as he realized he had to shell out Big Buck$ to Emmit to end his holdout. A few seasons later, Todd Collins upset them in the Ralph.

Not to nit-pick, but our win was @ Dallas, with Kurt Schultz intercepting Aikman on the 1 yrd line. They were 0-2. Jerrah's famous lip-fart as he realized he had to shell out Big Buck$ to Emmit to end his holdout. A few seasons later, Todd Collins upset them in the Ralph.

Was that Collins or Van Pelt? 13-10 & 10-7. A couple shootouts.

Was that Collins or Van Pelt? 13-10 & 10-7. A couple shootouts.

Collins. He started and Van Pelt was the backup. I remember because I was at that game. It was a ticket package the Bills had that year, if you wanted Dallas tickets, you needed to buy Indy also.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/dallas-cowboys/teamvsteam?opp=4

http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=1996092209

Collins. He started and Van Pelt was the backup. I remember because I was at that game. It was a ticket package the Bills had that year, if you wanted Dallas tickets, you needed to buy Indy also.

http://www.footballd...eamvsteam?opp=4

http://www.footballd...?gid=1996092209

I was at the Todd Collins game, as well. My mom got my brother and I that package. I swore we played them earlier i nthe decade at home, though. I'm too young to be getting too old to be so forgetful. Edited by jboyst62

Buffalo likely gets a MNF game hosting Dallas or New England

Thursday night game could be New England/buffalo game

I think buffalo at KC has an outside shot. Thus would be the 8th consecutive treason playing each other and if buffalo was to hire Reich or the Denver OC there would be another reason to air this game.

Edited by djp14150

Crossing everything I got for the Bills@jets to be scheduled on 20. Sep.

I am in New York with my wife from the 18th to the 22nd Sep.

I tried to persuade her that we should take a 1 day trip to Buffalo on Sunday if the Bills happen to have a home game. She looked at me like I was insane, and laughed. That was a no.

The idea of seeing Niagara Falls loosened her up a bit though, but in the end, the shopping in New York won. :(

Hope to see some of you in London in oktober, if you are making the trip. So excited to see my first Bills game irl.

Away: Tennessee, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Washington, Philadelphia, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins

Home: Cincinnati, New York Giants, Dallas, Indianapolis, Houston, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins.

lets give this a shot

very winnable Away games: Tennessee, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Washington, Philadelphia, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins

very winnable Home games: Cincinnati, New York Giants, Dallas, Indianapolis, Houston, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins.

Do I feel the Bills could defeat KC, Cincy and NE (at least once) Yes I do

9 to 10 wins in 2015

if it hasn't been posted yet

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/01/buffalo_bills_2015_schedule_london_game_against_jaguars_highlights_finalized_lis.html

The only dates that are set in stone for Buffalo next season are the Oct. 25 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars in London and the bye week the following week. Other than that, the Bills just know who they will be playing and where

I like this schedule! Anyone know how different the Pats schedule is?

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-2015-schedule-breeze-home-not-road

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24921691/nfl-announces-2015-regular-season-opponents-for-all-32-teams

NE.png

Home: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Jaguars, Titans, Steelers, Eagles Redskins

Away: Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Texans, Colts, Broncos, Cowboys, Giants

Bills , Kansas City and Cincinnati,,

Puirtids - Steelers and Denver ?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Correct. Pats* play the 1st place teams in the other AFC divisions while Bills play the 2nd place teams. AFC E plays entire AFC S so that's why we both play the Colts.

I finally remembered to see if I could find a graphic to visually explain scheduling to y'all.... check this out:

Z68jTDE.jpg?1

In 2015:

• 6 games: MIA, NE*, NYJ all home and away.
  • 4 games: ALL of the AFC South (as we did in 2012, but opposite home teams as in 2012).
  • 4 games: ALL of the NFC East (as we did in 2011, but opposite home teams as in 2011).
  • 2 games: 2nd place of AFC North at home (CIN), AND, 2nd place of AFC West away (KC)... because we finished 2nd place in the AFC East.

It keeps rotating like this for ever and ever and ever and ever.

Edited by Cereal