Rumor: Polian could return as soon as Monday

Bangarang

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im tired of Nino Brown I mean Nino Brandons Kool-Aid stand, Yesterday I decided that this was enough. I mean this guy is the king of Kool-Aid he has all the flavors even the ones that haven't come out yet. That press conference should be illegal based on all the Kool-Aid they were selling us.

Its time to introduce the Bill Polians Milk Shake stand. At least u know what your getting. He's a wise NFL czar that's not gonna feed us some busines plan. Mr Polian will show DW how to build a full team from top to bottom and u can bet your bottom dollar that he won't take a full off-season rebuilding our special teams units. That was ridiculous.

I am listening to john Murphy right now and there was a caller who said he heard there was no way Polian was coming here. Murph's reaction was dismissive of that and said he just talked to him Dec 7 and that he wasn't ruling anything out. You know what that means. He says he knows him well and that polian misses the team action.

He just said he feels he will work at espn this week and maybe a couple weeks after that.

He is probably already reviewing many things if he is indeed coming back. Just because they won't announce it for a few weeks and say it "just" happened; doesn't mean that it "just" happened.

If you really do think about it, he does have the chance to go in the hall this year - even though it has been reported that it won't hurt his chances - Why risk it?

He can do some work now and announce his hiring when the HOF decisions are made....

He is probably already reviewing many things if he is indeed coming back. Just because they won't announce it for a few weeks and say it "just" happened; doesn't mean that it "just" happened.

If you really do think about it, he does have the chance to go in the hall this year - even though it has been reported that it won't hurt his chances - Why risk it?

He can do some work now and announce his hiring when the HOF decisions are made....

Seriously WTF are you talking about. Do you even know? Maybe you should pass your posts by a smarter friend before you submit them.

If Polian does come back as a consultant, here's what I'd like him to look at:

1. The structure and quality of the college scouting department (since that was always his strength, and not something Whaley's background is in)

2. Reviewing the front office structure and reporting roles

3. Acting as a sounding board / mentor to Whaley

4. Nothing else

I like what Whaley brings as GM. IMO, his mistakes have come from his "swing for the fences" self-confidence, a rookie trait that Polian also displayed IIRC early in his career.

With some good counsel (and counsel only--not direct interference), I think it would be a good idea. But I do not want a repeat of the Marv fiasco just because I can't see Bill at 72 being the same day-to-day guy he was twenty years ago.

Tell Whaley NOT to do stupid things like trade away next year's first.

1. The structure and quality of the college scouting department (since that was always his strength, and not something Whaley's background is in)

4. Nothing else

I like what Whaley brings as GM. IMO, his mistakes have come from his "swing for the fences" self-confidence, a rookie trait that Polian also displayed IIRC early in his career.

With some good counsel (and counsel only--not direct interference), I think it would be a good idea. But I do not want a repeat of the Marv fiasco just because I can't see Bill at 72 being the same day-to-day guy he was twenty years ago.

100%. I couldn't agree more, :beer:

That was a great trade. We had our quarterback already.

We gave up a pick because Whaley felt the team would have a winning season, and they did. At the time the critics thought the Bills would be a bottom 5 team. I remember people saying the Browns will have 2 top 5 picks. Edited by TheTruthHurts

Not winning season - playoffs - and we didn't..............I hate that win Sunday more and more, as I'm hearing all about winning season so much this week, like it was a real game.

I never thought it we were a bottom five team.

The trade looks even stupider now than it did when it was made, and I immediately hated it.

Not winning season - playoffs - and we didn't..............I hate that win Sunday more and more, as I'm hearing all about winning season so much this week, like it was a real game.

The trade looks even stupider now than it did when it was made, and I immediately hated it.

Would it have been "like a real game" if we had lost? Was the '04 Steelers loss a "real game"? I'm guessing if we had lost the game like we lost to the Steelers backups 10 years ago it would have meant more to some. However we beat the Pats and did it at their house and held them to no TDs, I don't care who was playing, it's a good win.

We can pretend to be "real", go through the schedule and nitpick it. Decide which games should count and which games shouldn't but the REAL reality is that the Bills finished 9-7 and 4-2 against the division. I'm pretty sure most of this board would've been happy with that if they were told at the beginning of the season that would be the record.

The Bills still have a ways to go, but they're close enough now to sniff the playoffs. Whaley has been the best thing that's happened to the Bills in 10 years. Seriously. Think back to when we had Donahoe, think about how long that's been. That's the last time we were competitive.

Now we have Whaley and he's been in charge for almost two years and here we are finally competative again. And people are ready to run him out of town. It's insane. It's like having a kid who's been getting F's his whole life finally get excited about school and bring home a B- and now we want him to change schools because we don't agree with the teachers philosophy. It's absolutely stupid.

In their last few games, the Bills played four quarters against Peyton Manning, four quarters against Aaron Rodgers, and two quarters against Tom Brady. No TD passes allowed.

Whether the NE game was important for the standings or the playoffs, it was a real game and had real impacts on player careers. Sammy Watkins fell just a few yards short of a 1000 yard season. Jerry Hughes had two stone-cold chances to get to double-digit sacks, and let them get away. If the Bills just cancelled the game because it had no impact on anything, those players and others would never have even had the chance to get to those milestones.

What if they make the playoffs in Watkins 2nd year?

And where the pick is does matter. Losing the 19th pick isn't a big deal.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

4. Nothing else

Lurker, your getting a lot of affirmation for good reason. Your right! Well thought out bud. I'd love to see Mr. Polian in this role. I wonder who will call him on late hits next Tuesday night on NFL Radio and ask him?

A game where we had no chance of getting in the playoffs and the other team is disinterested is a meaningless game. How can anybody argue that. It was like a preseason game.

If that game was meaningless, like a preseason game, then the Bills finished 8-7. Still had a winning record. I think that was the original point you were responding to.

No, they didn't make the playoffs, but they're a lot closer than just two years ago when everything got blown up. Remember how you felt just before that happened? I bet you don't feel the same way today.