Rumor: Polian could return as soon as Monday

Bangarang

The season ended Sunday, and there really is no reason to hide anything now.

Russ Brandon stated there are no meetings with ownership this week, and Marrone stated he will get together with Whaley & Brandon to discuss whats next in their off season.

Quit the dreaming guys, as the status quo remains the same....except the team now has no viable veteran QB, no RB, and big questions about parts of that vaunted pass rush. Other then that, its all good!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I see the title of this thread I think "Which Monday?"

Monday, February 2nd - two days after his HOF vote would be the logical guess. Polian takes over as President and Brandon shifts to marketing for the entire One Buffalo operation, leaving Polian -> Whaley -> Marrone running the show.

LaConfora just tweeted that his son Chris would not be going with him, and that made me smile.

‏@JasonLaCanfora - Continue to hear very strong possibility Bill Polian takes some sort of football czar role w/Bills. His son Chris would not be going w/him

@JasonLaCanfora - Continue to hear very strong possibility Bill Polian takes some sort of football czar role w/Bills. His son Chris would not be going w/him

Makes me flash back to that ridiculous PR signing of Pat LaFontaine as director of hockey operations for the sabres. Only to have him quit seemingly the next day. That was under Pegula ownership as well.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Monday, February 2nd - two days after his HOF vote would be the logical guess. Polian takes over as President and Brandon shifts to marketing for the entire One Buffalo operation, leaving Polian -> Whaley -> Marrone running the show.

LaConfora just tweeted that his son Chris would not be going with him, and that made me smile.

‏@JasonLaCanfora - Continue to hear very strong possibility Bill Polian takes some sort of football czar role w/Bills. His son Chris would not be going w/him

FYI - it has been confirmed that Polian accepting a job with the Bills would not influence his eligibility for the HOF. He does not have to wait for the vote before accepting a job. Maybe he has a bonus in his TV deal or a requirement that he stays until a certain date. Maybe this is all B.S. Who knows. But there sames to be a lot of smoke around this story and I would be happy to welcome Bill Polian back. The biggest mistake Ralph ever made was firing Bill.

FYI - it has been confirmed that Polian accepting a job with the Bills would not influence his eligibility for the HOF. He does not have to wait for the vote before accepting a job. Maybe he has a bonus in his TV deal or a requirement that he stays until a certain date. Maybe this is all B.S. Who knows. But there sames to be a lot of smoke around this story and I would be happy to welcome Bill Polian back. The biggest mistake Ralph ever made was firing Bill.

I don't get this at all, I'm sorry.

I think Whaley has done a very, very good job.

Bringing Polian back reminds me of when the Redskins brought Gibbs back. It scares me. Not as much as when Marv came back (my God, did that suck), but it scares me, nonetheless. I don't see why it's necessary.

Bringing Polian back reminds me of when the Redskins brought Gibbs back. It scares me. Not as much as when Marv came back (my God, did that suck), but it scares me, nonetheless. I don't see why it's necessary.

I think Pegula wants a long-time NFL executive's outside view of how the football operation is being run...can't blame him, as he's never been around a football organization before.

It doesn't necessarily mean huge changes will be in order.

No offense to Whalley, but he couldn't hold a candle to Polian's track record. Polian built three different teams into winners. His Bills and Colts team went to SuperBowls. He took the expansion Carolina Panthers to an NFC Championship (they went to the Superbowl after he left). The man knows how to build a winner. Whalley has done some good things, and some really questionable things. I'd be very happy to have Polian running the show and Whalley learning from the master or sending more dirty emails around the league.

i honestly think it will just be a consulting gig

I wouldn't mind seeing Polian come back in some advisory capacity but not as GM. Shift Brandon back to the business/marketing side and let Polian Whaley Marrone run the football side. Another year to see what happens with the QB and OL situation and if the Bills make the playoffs. If they don't make the playoffs next year, Polian should clean house and start over.

Continue to hear very strong possibility Bill Polian takes some sort of football czar role w/Bills. His son Chris would not be going w/him

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:worthy:

No offense to Whalley, but he couldn't hold a candle to Polian's track record. Polian built three different teams into winners. His Bills and Colts team went to SuperBowls. He took the expansion Carolina Panthers to an NFC Championship (they went to the Superbowl after he left). The man knows how to build a winner. Whalley has done some good things, and some really questionable things. I'd be very happy to have Polian running the show and Whalley learning from the master or sending more dirty emails around the league.

To include WTH happened to the O line the last two years. The team lacks a concise offensive direction. Polian has stated he likes Marrone, yet some offensive coaches need to be replaced without question.

This franchise is rather desperate for a real NFL senior adviser / team president IMO.

Makes me flash back to that ridiculous PR signing of Pat LaFontaine as director of hockey operations for the sabres. Only to have him quit seemingly the next day. That was under Pegula ownership as well.

That wasn't the next day, and it got the Sabres a great GM and a perfect coach for the transition. I don't know any Sabres fans who aren't thrilled with the direction of the team and its GM (although some think they may be winning too much).

song remains the same is not a zeppelin album. It is a great movie and great tune though.

Who said "the song remains the same?" :)

I think Pegula wants a long-time NFL executive's outside view of how the football operation is being run...can't blame him, as he's never been around a football organization before.

It doesn't necessarily mean huge changes will be in order.

I don't see how anybody can complain about this.