Rumor: Polian could return as soon as Monday

Bangarang

My friend who works in TSA at the airport said he just saw Polian get off the plane with Bill Cowher and Tim Tebow and they are heading straight to Tempo with Pegula and Brandon to talk about how many Super Bowls they are going to win. Discuss....

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a winning record only matters to you under your terms. I see. I'll take 9-7 regardless of how we get to 9-7.

It's not a crime to be a simple person. Although maybe you shouldn't really be voicing such a strong opinion about being simple.

If that game was meaningless, like a preseason game, then the Bills finished 8-7. Still had a winning record. I think that was the original point you were responding to.

No, they didn't make the playoffs, but they're a lot closer than just two years ago when everything got blown up. Remember how you felt just before that happened? I bet you don't feel the same way today.

Who's to say this team doesn't slide back to 6 or 7 wins next season? There's going to be a new QB, the OL isn't strong, and the OC and HC couldn't game-plan to maximize the use of their primary weapons, one of whom they traded a king's ransom for.

Buffalo was 11th in the AFC in points scored and their offensive rankings in 2013 and 2014 were poor. I don't see a QB on the horizon who'll improve that in 2015, nor do I see an innovative group which can somewhat compensate for that.

Who's to say this team doesn't slide back to 6 or 7 wins next season? There's going to be a new QB, the OL isn't strong, and the OC and HC couldn't game-plan to maximize the use of their primary weapons, one of whom they traded a king's ransom for.

Buffalo was 11th in the AFC in points scored and their offensive rankings in 2013 and 2014 were poor. I don't see a QB on the horizon who'll improve that in 2015, nor do I see an innovative group which can somewhat compensate for that.

Nobody is to say that they definitely won't slide back to 6 or 7 wins. So what do you want to do? Fire everyone because they might not win as many games next year as they did this year? Would firing everyone mean there is less chance of them sliding back next year or more? Is your plan to blow it up every year until we make the play-offs?

I'm sure you don't think that I just struggle to see what you think is a sensible way to proceed.

So a winning record only matters to you under your terms. I see. I'll take 9-7 regardless of how we get to 9-7.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Some people are more results oriented and others try to put the results into a context. Neither is right or wrong really, just different.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Some people are more results oriented and others try to put the results into a context. Neither is right or wrong really, just different.

Exactly. HOW did you get to 9-7 this year? Lots of indicators suggest that this record is the top floor, not a step on the staircase. If you saw lots of promising things that will benefit from more time, then great, but if you saw big problems that could sabatoge any progress, then not so great.

Exactly. HOW did you get to 9-7 this year? Lots of indicators suggest that this record is the top floor, not a step on the staircase. If you saw lots of promising things that will benefit from more time, then great, but if you saw big problems that could sabatoge any progress, then not so great.

Clearly this is not a team that just needs a year to get better. But we are solid in 2 phases, Defense and Special Teams. We have to sign Hughes and Searcy on D and that unit should get better next year. Now for the Bills to get the next step the Offense needs serious upgrade, even more then the special teams did last year. I think we need 3 or 4 new offensive linemen for starters and depth. The free agents for QB are dreadful and a rookie QB will not get us to the next level next year so the route here has to be trade. There are several QB's that are unhappy with their situation that could be had for a trade. The goal is to get an average QB here. Finally we need to upgrade the running game, this could be done via draft. If we made those changes and had the same receivers I believe that we could take the next step. If we get another Chris Williams for the OL and a FA QB we could have another year like this, win some we would not expect, lose some we should not have.

My friend who works in TSA at the airport said he just saw Polian get off the plane with Bill Cowher and Tim Tebow and they are heading straight to Tempo with Pegula and Brandon to talk about how many Super Bowls they are going to win. Discuss....

your friend must be dreaming while sleeping on the job

We don't agree often but I am with you on this. They are going to have to get lucky with a QB with some holes or I'm afraid that they will take a step back.

for starters, we will have an easier schedule in 2015. we play the AFC South and NFC east.

secondly, i'd say there is about a 90% chance we have an upgrade at QB vs orton and ej.

The offensive line has a few quality pieces in place, and with fortification, can become a strength. We may be reaching for an average to maybe slightly above average QB, but those weapons will definitely help.

Keeping Hughes, Dareus, Searcy and Spikes is crucial- the defense is the identity of the team and that unit revolves around the line

I think we have more glaring needs on offense, but we can't become single minded ont that- of course a better offense makes us a better team, but it is only logical that a better defense serves that purpose as well.

for starters, we will have an easier schedule in 2015. we play the AFC South and NFC east.

secondly, i'd say there is about a 90% chance we have an upgrade at QB vs orton and ej.

Based on teams as they are constituted at the end of the season, we have an easier schedule. Some teams will have new personnel both on the field and coaching staff.

Who do you think we will have at QB? Will he know the offense and if not, how long will it take him to surpass Manuel in knowledge of the offense. What if we get a new coordinator and not only the QB has to learn the new offense, but there is a learning curve for everyone?

In their last few games, the Bills played four quarters against Peyton Manning, four quarters against Aaron Rodgers, and two quarters against Tom Brady. No TD passes allowed.

Whether the NE game was important for the standings or the playoffs, it was a real game and had real impacts on player careers. Sammy Watkins fell just a few yards short of a 1000 yard season. Jerry Hughes had two stone-cold chances to get to double-digit sacks, and let them get away. If the Bills just cancelled the game because it had no impact on anything, those players and others would never have even had the chance to get to those milestones.

Who gives a crap? You're siting things that didn't even happen anyway. Haha

I want to to be back to where the Pats were - sitting Gronk and not giving a !@#$. Like back in 90 and 91, when Marv sat Kelly, etc. That's when you want to make it meaningless. I'm sure the Lions and Skins are still celebrating those hollow victories.

I care about the big picture, and the big picture would be better if Pegula and Co. aren't thinking "First winning record in 10 years. Progress." I heard John Warrow say it on the radio yesterday. And, I'm hearing it all over this week.

I'm sure everybody criticizing me here, who are Sabres fans, are thrilled with them winning these stupid meaningless games lately - and ruining a future with a superstar.

Myopic thinking

yes it is.

my favorites are bradford and mallett.

foles, cutler, gabbert and our own 2nd rounder could be possibilities.

I'll ask again: Why Mallet? What has he done that EJ has not? At least the others have a reasonable amount of game day experience.

Who gives a crap? You're siting things that didn't even happen anyway. Haha

I want to to be back to where the Pats were - sitting Gronk and not giving a !@#$. Like back in 90 and 91, when Marv sat Kelly, etc. That's when you want to make it meaningless. I'm sure the Lions and Skins are still celebrating those hollow victories.

I care about the big picture, and the big picture would be better if Pegula and Co. aren't thinking "First winning record in 10 years. Progress." I heard John Warrow say it on the radio yesterday. And, I'm hearing it all over this week.

I'm sure everybody criticizing me here, who are Sabres fans, are thrilled with them winning these stupid meaningless games lately - and ruining a future with a superstar.

Myopic thinking

Uh yeah. Am I supposed to make grand plans for the Bills future from my laptop? If I were any good at running a football team I'd be running a football team. Should I play pretend? Just because I read webmd before a doctor visit does that mean I know better than him? I saw a habitual 6-7 win team turn into a 9 win team. Seems to me Whaley and Marrone know what they're doing so far. Do I question some things? Yes of course, but I won't play make believe and presume I know better.

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

yes it is.

Fair enough, I'm in the Bradford camp myself but wouldn't be opposed to Foles or RG. Mallett and Locker are worth a look and Cutler is a total wild card (either the guy that will put you over the top or the one that will completely torpedo you).

yes it is.

During the time I saw Matt Moore in Miami, before they brought Tannehill in, I saw control over the huddle and ability to make a few plays with limited surrounding talent. I thought they jumped the gun by replacing him too soon. I doubt he'd cost much. I hope we take a look at him. Is he a question mark? Absolutely, but who out there isn't right now