Rumor: Polian could return as soon as Monday

Bangarang

During the time I saw Matt Moore in Miami, before they brought Tannehill in, I saw control over the huddle and ability to make a few plays with limited surrounding talent. I thought they jumped the gun by replacing him too soon. I doubt he'd cost much. I hope we take a look at him. Is he a question mark? Absolutely, but who out there isn't right now

I'm good with Matt Moore as well. He would be the most similar to what we got from Orton IMO. Steady, solid play and a chance to win. He won't win many games on his own but won't lose any on his own either.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the time I saw Matt Moore in Miami, before they brought Tannehill in, I saw control over the huddle and ability to make a few plays with limited surrounding talent.

I agree, I thought Moore played pretty well...but that was three years ago.

Since 2011, he's had a total of 29 pass attempts with a single TD. The rust and age is probably too much at this point...

During the time I saw Matt Moore in Miami, before they brought Tannehill in, I saw control over the huddle and ability to make a few plays with limited surrounding talent. I thought they jumped the gun by replacing him too soon. I doubt he'd cost much. I hope we take a look at him. Is he a question mark? Absolutely, but who out there isn't right now

i haven't seen much of Moore but I wonder with all the changes in FO and coaching staff down there if he didn't get lost in the shuffle when they drafted Tannehill. If I recall correctly didn't they hire his college coach, mike Sherman, to run the offense and then drafted him? Then taking him so high they stuck with him? I know he was in danger of being benched at one point. I think Tannehill is decent enough that Moore may not get a chance to start down there and could choose to go somewhere where that's more of a possibility. It's also a plus that he already knows the AFC east.

Uh yeah. Am I supposed to make grand plans for the Bills future from my laptop? If I were any good at running a football team I'd be running a football team. Should I play pretend? Just because I read webmd before a doctor visit does that mean I know better than him? I saw a habitual 6-7 win team turn into a 9 win team. Seems to me Whaley and Marrone know what they're doing so far. Do I question some things? Yes of course, but I won't play make believe and presume I know better.

I don't even know what we're talking about at this point.

I'm good with Matt Moore as well. He would be the most similar to what we got from Orton IMO. Steady, solid play and a chance to win. He won't win many games on his own but won't lose any on his own either.

The problem with Moore and any of the other vets out there is that they are terrible. This would be easy enough to work around if we had an offensive gameplan to account for their limitations. But we don't. We do the opposite-- putting increased pressure on the QB. You can't put guys like Moore (and Orton) in 3rd and long all game, or ask them to make critical plays. If you do, then they will be terrible.

The problem with Moore and any of the other vets out there is that they are terrible. This would be easy enough to work around if we had an offensive gameplan to account for their limitations. But we don't. We do the opposite-- putting increased pressure on the QB. You can't put guys like Moore (and Orton) in 3rd and long all game, or ask them to make critical plays. If you do, then they will be terrible.

i agree which is why the most important thing is to fix the OL and running game. We aren't getting a QB who can win the game for you with his expertise. We just aren't. So we need to be as good as possible everywhere else and use the QB in a game management role. With our QB situation we absolutely unequivocally have got to run the ball effectively or we won't win.

Except for a few games on the worst team in the league about 5 years ago, when has Matt Moore ever been terrible? He's not a guy that ever puts up huge numbers but he's a steady reliable passer that always seems to play on crappy offenses. He's probably as good as Orton and not as wildly erratic.

Except for a few games on the worst team in the league about 5 years ago, when has Matt Moore ever been terrible? He's not a guy that ever puts up huge numbers but he's a steady reliable passer that always seems to play on crappy offenses. He's probably as good as Orton and not as wildly erratic.

Bingo. A fairly safe #2/spot starter IF he still has anything left. I haven't seen him play in awhile.

i agree which is why the most important thing is to fix the OL and running game. We aren't getting a QB who can win the game for you with his expertise. We just aren't. So we need to be as good as possible everywhere else and use the QB in a game management role. With our QB situation we absolutely unequivocally have got to run the ball effectively or we won't win.

Regardless of what the armchair analysts and fantasy football experts say, managing a game is the most important skill a quarterback can have

He's probably as good as Orton and not as wildly erratic.

Moore's 25 career starts are a worry (only a few more than E.J.'s 14 and well behind Orton's 82). He's be a good backup candidate, however...

Edited by Lurker

Were we really that bad this year in that department? Does anyone know where to find those statistics?

Edited by Fixxxer

Maybe "terrible" was too harsh. Moore is limited. Hackett will make him look terrible. If we are going to stick with Hackett, we need to find an elite QB, as impossible as that sounds.

Totally agree with that. Limited is a good term for him. And Marrone/Hackett, IMO, would not make him better. Although with their conservative style he may play better than Orton did within that stupid system. Watkins and Woods would remain mostly a waste though.

Maybe "terrible" was too harsh. Moore is limited. Hackett will make him look terrible. If we are going to stick with Hackett, we need to find an elite QB, as impossible as that sounds.

While I don't like our coordinator either, our offense was hamstrung by poor interior line play and that's difficult to overcome

Regardless of what the armchair analysts and fantasy football experts say, managing a game is the most important skill a quarterback can have

I heard somebody on the radio a few weeks ago say something that I think I have to agree with. He said the most important thing is the quarterback has to be able to deliver the football.

After seeing Fitz, EJ, and to some degree, Orton - not be able to do that - I think I have to agree that before you look at game manager, etc. that being able to getting the ball to the receiver consistently is the thing you have to start out with.